HP Deskjet 1050 Setup
The Deskjet 1050 printer allows you to print documents in a snap. It is budget-friendly and has a low maintenance cost. It is compact in design, simple to setup and easy to carry around.
- The monthly duty cycle for this model is 1000 pages.
- The technology used is HP thermal inkjet.
- The maximum copy resolution is up to 600 dpi.
- It supports both Windows and Mac operating system.
- It supports USB 2.0 interface.
- This printer works as a printer, scanner and copier.
- The input tray capacity is 60 sheets and the output tray capacity is 25 sheets.
- The supported media types are cards, envelopes, photo paper and plain paper.
- The maximum print speed is up to 16 ppm (mono) and 12 ppm (color).
First-time 123.hp.com setup 1050 Printer setup
Open the printer package and you will find the power cable, ink cartridges, user guide and the driver installation CD for both Windows and Mac. Slide the printer out of the box.
- Discard the Styrofoam endcaps from the sides of the printer. Remove all the tape and packaging material inside the printer. Connect one end of the power cord to the printer and plug the other end into a wall outlet. Make sure it is directly connected to the Power source.
- Open the scanner unit and remove the packing material under the scanner lid. Press the Power button to turn on the printer and the printer will start to calibrate. On your printer’ control panel, you can configure the initial settings.
- Open the cartridge access door. Unwrap a new cartridge and remove the protective tab from the cartridge. Insert the cartridge into the correct slot. Follow the same steps to install the other cartridge. Place the tri-color cartridge into the left slot.
- Place the black cartridge into the right slot. Close the cartridge access door. Pull out the paper input tray. Align a stack of paper and load it into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides. Now, your printer will calibrate and an alignment page will print.
USB Printer Setup
Make sure the USB cable used for connecting your devices is less than 3 meter. You can connect the USB cable when it is prompted during the driver installation.
- First, turn on your printer and computer. Open a browser and go to the driver download page. Click the Software and Drivers tab. Enter your printer’s model in the search field and then click Find My Device. Select your printer from the list of results.
- Identify the correct operating system on your computer and under Driver Product Installation Software, click the Download button. The driver file will be saved in the Downloads folder in the .exe format for Windows and .dmg format for Mac.
- Run the file to begin the installation. Read through the license agreement and proceed to the next step. It is recommended to install all the features of the driver software. So select easy Installation instead of Custom Installation as the Installation Type.
- When you are prompted to choose a connection type, select the USB option and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer. Connect your devices using the USB cable when it is prompted during the installation.
- After the installation, print a test page to check the connectivity. You can also change the connectivity type to USB from the HP Solution Center. If there is a problem with the connectivity, then reset the connection. Connecting through USB will keep your data safe.
List of printing issues
- Ink cartridge error.
- Print jobs stuck in print queue.
- The printer is Offline.
- USB scanner connection error.
- Slow printing.
- Scan to email cannot access email accounts.
- Cannot print PDF’s from Adobe Reader.
- ‘0xc19a0005’ error displays.
- ‘User Intervention Required’ error when printing.
- Extra blank page prints.
- Poor print quality.
- Printed text is skewed.
- Paper mismatch error.
- ‘Alignment unsuccessful’ error message displays.
- ‘Ink alert or low on ink’ message displays.
- Alignment page does not print.
- Counterfeit ink cartridge advisory error.
- ‘HP scan quit unexpectedly’ error displays.
- Cannot scan from printer control panel.
- PDF file type unavailable in HP scanning software.
- The printer does not turn on.
These days printer manufacturers are designing most of their printer models with the automatic duplexing feature, as it helps you save a lot of money on paper and time.
- Load the input tray with enough paper to complete the print job. Open the document you want to print. Press Control and P on your keyboard to open the system print dialog box.
- Select your printer from the list of choices in the selection area. Click the Preferences option and click the Printing Shortcut tab. If the tab is not available, click the Features tab.
- Select the Two-Sided Printing option. From the Print on Both Sides option, select your desired page flip option. Selecting the Flip on Long Edge option will create printouts in booklet style.
- Load enough paper in the input tray. Open the document you want to print and click the File menu, select the option, Print to open the print dialog box. Click the printer drop-down and choose your printer.
- If there are no settings displayed in the print dialog box, click Show Details. If a Two-Sided Printing option is available, then your printer supports automatic duplexing.
- Select the checkbox next to Two-Sided Printing, change the binding options from the Layout menu. You can also choose the Automatic Duplexing option and then click Print. The document will be printed.
Ink Cartridges missing
When you are trying to print a document and an error message displays on the control panel “Ink cartridges missing”, then there might be a problem with the cartridges or their alignment.
- The estimated ink levels for your printer has to be checked to evaluate the ink level in all the cartridges. Press the Ink icon on your printer’s control panel and you will find an indicator showing the level of ink in each cartridge.
- It is better to have a new cartridge with you so that your print job will not get delayed. If a cartridge is empty, then immediately replace or refill it. Turn on your printer and open the cartridge access door. Wait for the carriage to move to the center of the printer.
- Uninstall the empty cartridge from the cartridge holder. Wipe the copper contacts inside the holder with a damp, lint-free cloth. Remove the new cartridge from its package. Place it into the cartridge holder and then press it until it snaps into place.
- Close the cartridge access door and wait for a few seconds. The alignment page will print automatically. If the alignment page doesn’t print, open the HP Solution Center application on your computer and click Print an Alignment Page.
‘Paper Mismatch’ Error (Windows)
Prefer the use of standard paper over third-party manufacturer alternatives. These papers although saves you money will damage the printer in the longer run by causing a number of issues including paper jam.
- Open the document you want to print and click the File menu. Click Print and make sure your printer’s name is displayed in the drop-down list. Click the Printer Properties option and then select the Paper tab.
- If required, select the Advanced option to modify the paper size. Click Paper Size and choose the paper size that matches the size and type of paper you have loaded in the input tray.
- Remove all the sheets from the input tray and then reload the pages. Adjust the paper width guides so that they rest on the edge of the paper stack. Open the file you want to print.
- Click the File menu and then select the Print option. Make sure your printer’s name is displayed in the drop-down list and then click Preferences. Select the Paper tab and then select the correct paper source.
- Turn on your printer and disconnect the power cord from the back of your printer. Also, unplug the cord from the wall outlet. Wait a minute and then reconnect the power cord.
- Wait for your printer to automatically power back on. Open Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs. Select your driver software and get it uninstalled.
- Restart your computer and then open a browser. Go to the driver download page and choose the driver software for your printer. Click Download and follow the prompts to get the software installed.
- Go to the firmware download page and enter your printer’s name. Select your operating system and check if there is an update for the printer firmware. If the updates have been released, then download the same.