123.HP.COM SETUP 1055 PRINTER
The HP Deskjet 1055 printer has the capability to Print, Copy, and Scan a document. Connect the HP Deskjet 1055 printer and computer via a USB cable and start printing your documents.
- The paper handling capacity: Input tray is up to 50-sheets and for output tray is up to 30-sheets.
- The Printer’s maximum printing speed for black is up to 20ppm and for color is up to 16ppm.
- The HP Deskjet 1055 printer is an Energy Star Certified printer which means the printer saves the energy without compromising its performance.
- The printer is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating system.
First-time HP Deskjet 1055 Printer setup
To set up the HP Deskjet 1055 printer, you have to follow certain procedures that are listed below to easily make your printer ready to print your document or photo.
Step 1: Unbox the printer
- Unpack the printer from the box and then peel off all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Make sure that you have received all the printer components.
- Plug-in the power cord to the posterior side of the printer, and then connect the other end of the power cord into an electrical socket.
- Tap the power button to power on the printer.
Step 2: Install the ink cartridges into its slot
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Remove a new ink cartridge from its packing material.
- Ensure that the cartridges are clean. Insert the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot and then place the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot.
- After inserting the cartridge, lock the cartridge access door.
Step 3: Install the updated printer software
- Based on the operating system, download and install the updated printer driver and software.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
USB Printer Setup
Make use of the instructions that are listed below to easily connect the HP Deskjet 1055 printer and computer via a USB cable. Get your printer ready to print the desired document.
Step 1: Prep for the printer setup
Before starting the process, verify the requirements that are listed below:
- Power on the HP Deskjet 1055 printer.
- Get a USB cable that is not less than 3m in length.
- In case you connect through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not get sufficient power to function well.
- In case you have linked the USB cable to the computer prior to installing the printer driver, continue with these steps to exclude the printer from the installed devices. If not, continue to next step to install the updated printer driver on the system.
- Unplug the printer’s USB cable from the system. Do not re-connect the cable until instructed during the driver installation process.
- Find Devices from Windows, and then select the Devices and Printers control panel settings.
- Right-click the printer’s icon and then select Remove device. If you find multiple icons for the printer, you have to remove them all.
Step 2: Install the printer driver on your computer
- For Windows operating system, download the .dmg file type and for Mac operating system, you need to download the .exe file type.
- After downloading the driver, start to install it on the computer where you have saved the documents for printing, copying, and scanning.
- You are prompted to choose the connection type during the installation. Select USB as the connection type and complete the installation process.
List of printing issues
- Printer offline for Windows and Mac
- Color or black ink not printing
- Slow printing issue for Windows & Mac
- Paper mismatch error for Windows & Mac
- An ink cartridge error
- Fixing copy quality issue
- Print job stuck in print queue for Windows & Mac
- An Ink alert or low on ink message displays on the control panel
- Paper jam error
- Resetting the printing system for windows & mac
Use the duplex printing feature to print a document on both sides of the paper. Make use of the guides to easily print your document on both sides.
- Open the document that you want to print, choose File and then click on the Print option.
- Choose your printer name, select Printer Properties, Preferences or Printer Setup.
- Find the Print on Both Sides option and then based on the needs choose the binding or page flip option.
- Select Ok and then click on the Print option. In case the printer pulls the pages back in automatically and prints the other side, then your printer supports automatic duplex printing.
- Choose Continue. The other side of the pages gets printed. For more help, contact us at the toll-free number.
- Open the document that you want to print, select File–> Print–> Show Details.
- If the Two-Sided option is available then your printer supports automatic duplex printing.
- Click on the checkbox that is next to Two-Sided, choose Layout from the unnamed menu.
- Based on the needs, select a long or short edge from the Two-Sided pop-up menu and then click on the Print option.
- Choose Paper handing from the unnamed menu and then choose Odd Only from the Pages to Print option.
- Select Print. For more information, contact us at the toll-free number.
Ink Cartridges Missing
An ink is an essential for the printer to print a document. Without the ink, you cannot use the printer to print the document. Use the tips that are listed below to resolve the ink cartridge issue.
Step 1: Use a genuine ink cartridge
- It is advisable to use an authenticated ink cartridge to print a document.
- Prior to inserting the cartridges, ensure that the cartridges are compatible with the printer.
Step 2: Clean the electrical contacts
- Ensure that the cartridges are clean. If not, the printer will not recognize it while printing.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Remove the cartridge from the slot.
- Use a link free cloth to wipe the contacts of the cartridges. Ensure that you do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge.
- After cleaning the cartridges, place the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then insert the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- Check whether that the cartridges are inserted properly and then lock the cartridge access door.
Paper Mismatch Error
While printing the envelopes or different paper sizes, you might find a Paper Mismatch error on the printer’s control panel. Use the instructions that are given below to resolve the issue.
Step 1: Verify the paper size settings
- From the program you want to print from, select File and then click on the Print option.
- Ensure that your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list, and then select Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.
- Select the Paper or Quality tab. Choose Advanced, if required and then click Paper Size.
- Choose the paper size that corresponds to the size and type of paper placed in the input tray and then click Ok.
- In case there is no matching paper size, you need to choose the size from the list. Select Ok and then attempt to print.
Step 2: Verify the paper source setting
- Take off all the paper from the printer’s input tray. Reload the paper and then based on the paper size, you can adjust the paper width guides.
- From the program you want to print from, select File–> Print. Ensure that your printer is in the Name or Printer drop-down list and then choose the Properties or Preferences option.
- Click on the Paper or Quality tab and then select Paper Source to choose the correct tray. Select Ok and then try printing a sample document.
Step 1: Alter the paper size settings
- Select File and then choose Print from the application you want to print from.
- Choose your printer from the Printer drop-down list and then click on the Paper Size option.
- Choose the paper size that matches the size and type of paper that is loaded in the printer tray and then click Ok.
- Try to print a document to check the performance of the printer.
Step 2: Verify the paper source setting
- From the program you want to print from, select File and then choose the Print option.
- Choose your printer from the Printer drop-down list. Select the Paper Type/Quality or Media and Quality menu.
- Choose Feed from or Source to choose the correct paper tray. Now, try to print a document using the printer to check its performance.