HP DESKJET 1110 PRINTER SETUP
The HP Deskjet 1110 is inexpensive and wallet-friendly. It is an ideal printer model for home use and small office use, designed to fit tight spaces. You can conserve energy with this energy star certified printer. Setting up this printer is very easy and simple.
It is easy to carry the printer, as it weighs around 2.02 kg. The printer uses Thermal Inkjet technology and ink palette consists of four ink colors. The recommended media type is plain paper and photo paper. The monthly duty cycle of this printer is 1000 pages and the recommended monthly volume is 50 – 200 pages.
You can print high-quality images and text with this model which has a maximum black and white resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi and the maximum color resolution is 4800 x 1200 dpi. You can connect your printer to your computer with a USB cable and print quick prints. Inkjet models are good printers that are often cheap to buy.
This is one such model which is affordable and also has a low running cost. This model can deliver high-quality prints, has good print speed, works well with Linux, is reliable, is economically affordable and maintainable and is a decent printer for your personal use.
How To Install HP Deskjet 1110 Printer
STEP 1: First, open the printer box and you will find the power cord, setup poster, ink cartridges, user guide and the driver installation disc for both Windows and Mac. Next, slide the printer out of the box.
STEP 2: Remove the Styrofoam endcaps from the sides of the printer. Remove all the packaging material inside the printer. Remove the twist tie from the power cord. Plug one end of the power cord in the rear of the printer
STEP 3: Connect the other end to a Power source. Make sure there are no packing materials under the scanner lid. Press the Power button to turn on the printer and the printer will start to initialize. Wait for the printer to stop making noise.
STEP 4: On your printer’ control panel, you can configure the initial settings. Select your preferred language and location. Open the cartridge access door. Open the package containing the black ink cartridge.
STEP 5: Make sure you remove the protective tab from the cartridge. Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Insert the black cartridge into the right slot.The contacts must face the back of the printer for a correct installation.
STEP 6: Slide the cartridge into the slot and press it firmly until it clicks into place. Now, place the tri-color cartridge into the left slot. Close the cartridge access door. Pull out the paper input tray.
STEP 7: Adjust the paper guides all the way to the left. Align a stack of paper and load it into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides until it rests on the edge of the paper. The printer will calibrate and an alignment page will print.
STEP 8: Scan the alignment page to complete the first-time printer setup. Install the driver software and then connect your printer and computer. The connection can be made via USB. Try to print a test page.
How to Install Ink Cartridges
- Open the HP solution center and click the Estimated Ink level option. You will be able to view the level of ink in all the cartridges. Now, you can replace the cartridge that is low in ink level.
- Turn on your printer. Open the cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to stop moving. Remove the low or empty cartridge from its slot. Place the cartridge on a paper towel.
- Unwrap a new cartridge from the package. Install the new cartridge into the cartridge holder and press down the ink cartridge until it clicks into place. Close the cartridge access door.
- The printer will now calibrate and an alignment page will be printed. If the alignment page does not print, then open the cartridge access door. Remove the cartridge from its holder.
- Use a clean, lint-free dry cloth to gently wipe the contacts on the cartridges. Wipe the contacts from top to bottom. Do this for each contact. Wipe the contacts on the cartridge holder as well.
- Place the cartridges back into their respective slots and turn the printer off for a minute. Turn the HP printer on and print a test page. If this does not fix the issue, move to the next step.
- Open the cartridge access cover and remove the cartridges. Close the cartridge access cover and disconnect the power cord from the outlet. Disconnect the cables that are connected to the computer or router.
- Wait for sixty seconds, plug in the power cord and then plug in the cables. Open the cartridge access door and install the black and color ink cartridges. Turn on the printer. Try to print a test page.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and remove all the cartridges. Lift the printhead latch, then lift the printhead directly upwards from its slot. The printhead should be placed into the disposable container.
- The container should contain paper towels soaked in warm filtered water. The bottom of the printhead should rest on the paper towels. Soak the printhead for ten minutes
- Remove the printhead from the container and set it on a paper towel with the nozzles facing up. After the printhead is dry, refix the printhead and ink cartridges to the printer carriage.
- Using the color guides on the printhead, reinstall each ink cartridge. Close the cartridge access door. On your printer’s control panel, click Clean Printhead. The automated tool will clean the Printhead.
- The driver software is used to transfer the information between your printer and the computer. On your system, click Start and search for ‘Devices and Printers’. Your computer will provide a list of printers within range.
- Go to our website to download the driver software. Make sure that you know the model of your printer and your computer’s operating system. Enter your printer’s model number in the search box and click Go.
- In the next screen, click the Download tab and make sure you are choosing the correct driver for your OS. The driver file will be downloaded. Go to the Downloads folder and search for the driver file. Double-click the file and click Run.
- Make sure you select Easy Installation. In Easy Installation, all the features of the software package will be installed. If you want only certain features to be installed, then select Custom Installation.
- Choose USB as the connectivity option and the installer will configure those features. If prompted, connect the USB cable to your printer and computer. Do not restart the computer during the installation process.
- If it is prompted to restart the system after installation, then click Restart. Your printer will be added to the Device and Printers list. Try to print a sample document to check the printer’s performance.
Wireless printer setup
- You cannot setup a wireless connection for your Deskjet 1110 printer and computer. It only supports Hi-Speed USB connection. If you are using a printer that supports wireless connection, then follow the below steps to get your devices connected.
- Confirm that iOS 4.2 or later is running on your Apple device. Disconnect the USB cable from your printer and computer. Make sure both the Apple device and printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- On your printer’s control panel, press the Wireless button to connect to the Wireless network. The printer will search for all the networks available within the range. Choose your network’s name.
- If prompted, enter a password. The wireless light will be on if it is connected. On your Apple device, go to Network options and turn on Wi-Fi. Open the document you want to Print and take a Preview of the same before printing.
- On the Printer Options menu, Select Printer, and then select your printer from the list. Tap Options to change other settings like paper size and no of pages if necessary. Once the modifications are done, click Print.
- The document will be printed. If No AirPrint Printers Found message is displayed, then check if your printer is connected to a wireless network and if it supports AirPrint feature.
STEP 1: Most printer issues can be fixed by following the troubleshooting procedure given in our user guide or on our website. Make sure the driver software and printer firmware are up-to-date. Updating them will fix many printer related issues. The common issues that occur in HP Deskjet 1110 printer are listed below:
STEP 2: Black Ink Not Printing: Go to HP Solution Center and check the estimated ink levels. Replace any low or empty ink cartridge. Manually clean the printhead and align the cartridges.
STEP 3: The printer is Offline (Windows): Download and Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software to check the connectivity status. Reset your printer to factory default.
STEP 4: Printer Does Not Pull Paper From Input Tray: Make sure there is no paper jam in the input tray or roller area. Do not use damaged paper and use HP recommended media type.
STEP 5: Printer Not Found Error: Restart your printer and computer. Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer.
STEP 6: Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue: Check the power connection and reset your printer to factory settings. See if the printer is paused or offline. Verify that the printer is set to the default printer. Temporarily disable your firewall software.