HP Deskjet 1112 Setup
The HP DeskJet 1112 printer prints the documents that you need in a quick time. This affordable and compact printer is easy to use and set up right out of the box. It is easy-to-use, versatile, and deliver award-winning reliability, lab-quality photos, laser-quality text, and great web printing. This compact printer is designed to fit on your desk, on a shelf, or anywhere you need it. It is affordable at home Printing.
- The HP DeskJet 1112 printer prints at a speed of up to 7.5 ppm for black and white.
- It prints at a speed of up to 5.5 ppm for color.
- It supports paper capacity of 60 sheets.
- It supports USB port.
- The HP DeskJet 1112 printer is capable of printing at a maximum resolution of up to 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- It prints straight-through paper path.
- It needs simple, twin-cartridge maintenance.
- It produces high-quality prints.
- It is embedded with CIS scanning technology.
First-time 123.hp.com setup 1112 Printer setup
First, unbox the printer, then follow the instructions as they are guided to set the printer control panel preferences, install ink cartridges, and then load the paper into the paper tray.
Unbox the printer from the box
- First, you have to open the cardboard box and take out the printer from it.
- Then remove all the packing materials and the stickers stuck on it.
- After removing, discard all the packing materials.
Link the power cord and then switch on the printer
- Now, you have to connect the power cord to the printer and the wall outlet.
- Then press the power button to turn on the printer.
- After turning on the printer set the printer control panel preferences and then select Yes to confirm your choice.
Install the ink cartridges
- You must open the ink cartridge access door.
- Then open the new ink cartridge package and remove the ink cartridge from it.
- Slowly install it into the correct slot and close the cartridge door.
Load paper into the input tray
- Pull the input tray.
- Insert plain paper into the input tray.
- Then push the input tray back to its place.
USB Printer Setup Windows & Mac
To get organized for the USB connection setup and driver installation, monitor the requirements and remove any previously installed printer versions from Windows and Mac. Follow the below steps to complete the USB setup.
Step 1 : Concoct for the printer setup
- Turn on the printer and remove the USB cable from the computer and the printer, if you had connected already.
- Search Windows for ‘devices’, and then click the “Devices and Printers” control panel setting, right-click your printer model icon, then choose “Remove device” and close the Devices and Printers window.
Step 2 : Install the driver and Install the Connection
- Visit our website, select your printer model and click “Download” and follow the on-screen prompts to install the driver. Based on your printer model, the directed driver installation app “HP Easy Start” may install.
- If the HP Easy Start downloads, follow the on-screen instructions to access the downloaded file. When prompted, choose “USB” as connection type. You can skip the below steps.
- If it fails to download, then visit our website, select your printer model, choose “Download” and follow the on-screen prompts to use the “HP Download and Install Assistant” or select “Download only” to save and run the driver file from your computer. If prompted, choose “USB” to proceed with and complete the setup.
- Visit our website, enter your printer model, click “Begin” and the “HP Easy Start” downloads, then follow the on-screen instructions to setup and install your printer.
- If Easy Start fails, enter your printer model in our website, click “Download”, open the “HP Easy Start” file or the HP .dmg file in the Downloads folder.
- If prompted, select “USB” and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
List of printing issues
- ‘Paper Mismatch’ error occurs for both Windows & Mac.
- Incompatible ink cartridges issue occurs while printing.
- Printer goes offline while printing.
- Color or black ink will not print the documents.
- While printing documents, the print job stucks in print queue for Windows & Mac.
- Slow printing of documents for windows & mac.
- Results in print quality issues while printing.
- Ink alert or low on ink message displays when you are printing from your printer.
- Sometimes the power button light blinks (paper jam).
- ‘User Intervention required’ error when printing (Windows).
If you want to print the document on both sides of the page, then do as per the instructions are guided below accordingly for both the users of Windows and Mac.
- Load sufficient plain paper into the input tray to fully finish your print job. Open the document to print, and click File -> Print.
- Select your printer name and then depending on whatever displays, click “Printer Properties”, “Preferences”, or “Printer Setup”.
- When the Document Properties or Printing Preferences window opens, select “Print on Both Sides” or “Two-sided (Duplex) Printing” if a Printing shortcuts tab is available.
- If Printing shortcuts tab is not available, click the “Layout”, “Features”, or “Finishing” tab. Locate “Print on Both Sides” or “Two-sided printing”, click OK -> Print.
- Remove the printed page, reload it into input tray, click “Continue” and the second side gets printed.
- Load the paper into input tray, then open the document, click File -> Print. Click “Show Details” and look for a “Two-Sided” selection box.
- If the Two-Sided option is available, select “Layout”, select “long or short-edge binding” from the “Two-sided” pop-up menu and click “Print”. Skip below steps.
- If Two-Sided is unavailable, manually print the page on both sides. Select Paper Handling -> Odd Only.
- Select “Automatic” for rear loading paper tray. Select “Reverse” for the front-loading paper tray, then click “Print”.
- Remove the printed page, reload it into input tray, select “Even Only”, Select “Automatic” or “Normal” and click “Print”.
Ink Cartridges Missing
An ‘Incompatible Ink Cartridge’ or ‘Ink Cartridges Missing’ error message exhibits on the computer screen and the Power button light flashes after you install an ink cartridge.
Step 1 : ENSURE THAT THE INK CARTRIDGES ARE COMPATIBLE
Check if the genuine ink cartridges are used in the printer, if not then replace them.
Step 2 : REMOVE, INSPECT, AND THEN CHANGE THE INK CARTRIDGES
Open the ink cartridge access door, remove the ink cartridge and then inspect the contacts for any protective tape and remove it if there. Then reinstall the ink cartridges back to their correct slot and close the cartridge door.
Step 3 : WIPE THE ELECTRICAL CONTACTS
Some debris or dust may settle on the contacts, so try to clean the electrical contacts and check if the issue is resolved.
Step 4 : ELIMINATE AND THEN REINSERT THE INK CARTRIDGES AGAIN
If the issue persists, try removing and reinstalling the ink cartridges again properly.
Step 5 : WIPE THE INK CARTRIDGE CONTACTS AGAIN
Also, try to wipe the electrical contacts again and check if the issue is resolved.
Step 6 : RESET THE PRINTER
Reset the printer if the error persists still.
Step 7 : SUBSTITUTE THE INK CARTRIDGE WITH A NEW INK CARTRIDGE
If the error is there still, then try replacing the ink cartridges with new genuine ink cartridges.
Step 8 : CHECK THE PRINTER
If none of the above steps resolved the problem, then check the printer.
‘Paper Mismatch’ Error
The ‘Paper Mismatch’ or ‘Paper Size Mismatch’ error displays on the printer control panel or on the computer when printing envelopes or different paper sizes. Follow the below steps to troubleshoot the issue for both Windows and Mac.
PAPER MISMATCH ERROR (WINDOWS)
Step 1 : Alter the paper size setting
- In the program you want to print from, click File -> Print.
- Check your printer name and then click “Properties”, “Printer Properties” or “Preferences”.
- Click Paper/Quality -> Advanced -> Paper Size.
- Choose the paper size that matches the size and type of paper loaded in the printer tray. Then click “OK” and then try to print.
Continue to the next step, if the issue persists.
Step 2 : Check the paper source setting
- Remove and reload the paper in the input trays and then adjust the paper width guides.
- In the program, click File -> Print, then check your printer name.
- Select “Properties”, “Printer Properties” or “Preferences”.
- Tap Paper/Quality -> Paper Source -> Ok, and then attempt to print and if the issue persists, then reset the printer to clear any hardware error states.
‘Paper Mismatch’ Error (Mac)
Step 1 : Alter the paper size setting
- In the application, click File -> Print. Choose your printer, then click Paper Size. Then choose the paper size and click “Ok”.
- If the error is there, move to next step.
Step 2 : Reorganize the printer
- Try to reset the printer, as this may resolve the issue
Step 3 : Upgrade the driver
- If the error is not cleared, try upgrading the driver which might find a solution. Now, check if the issue is resolved, if not then continue to the next step.
Step 4 : Monitor the paper source setting
- Remove and reload the paper into input tray, then in the program click File -> Print. Select your printer name, select Paper Type/Quality -> Feed from or Source.
- Try to print and if the issue is there, continue to next step.
Step 5 : Upgrade the firmware
- Try upgrading the firmware, as this might resolve the issue. Now try to print and check if the issue is resolved.