HP Deskjet 2020 Setup
This is a compact printer that sets well on your desk. Because of its size it is easy to relocate. An ideal printer for the home and personal purpose. It supports USB connection. Easily setup the printer and establish the connection. it is supported by both Mac and Windows operating system. The features of the printer worths your money.
- Supported network connection- USB
- Supported operating system version in windows- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
- Supported operating system version in Mac- OS X v10.11 El Capitan, OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X v10.7 Lion.
- Dimension- 101*432*267mm
- Borderless printing- yes
- Supported envelopes- US 10, A2, DL, C5, C6, Monarch, card
- Supported paper types- letter sized photo paper, photo paper(76.2 x 127 mm, 102 x 152 mm, 102 x 152 mm , 127 x 177.8 mm, 203 x 254 mm, Photo L photo paper, Photo 2l photo paper.
First-time 123.hp.com dj2020 Printer setup
After you receive the printer, do the basic settings using the instructions we provide. The first- time printer setup can be done easily using the procedure provided by us. Check our website to know more.
- Unpack the printer and its accessories from the packing material. Insert the power cord to the posterior side of the printer and then to a wall outlet.
- open the input tray and keep sufficient paper inside it. Affirm that the papers you use are compatible with the printer.
- After inserting the paper, adjust the paper width guides. Subsequently, elevate the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the packing materials found around the ink cartridges and place it in the provided slot.
- After placing all the cartridges close the cartridge access door. Once you are done with hardware assembling, check for the correct print driver and install it on the computer.
Refill ink cartridges
- If you don’t want to get a new ink cartridge as a replacement for the older one, you can refill the ink cartridge. Pay attention while refilling the ink cartridge. The issue could be occurred if any air bubbles present inside the cartridge.
- To refill the ink cartridge, open the ink cartridge access door and remove the empty one from the slot.
- Find the hole on the cartridge through which you can refill the ink.
- Wear a gloves for safety measure and to avoid ink smears on your hands.
- Check for the correct ink cartridge and using a disposable syringe, inject the ink to the cartridge. Make sure that the cartridge is free from air bubbles.
- Bubbles present will block the ink cartridge and results in the ink cartridge issue.
- After filling the cartridge, keep it undisturbed for a few hours. Now open the access door and fix the cartridge to the empty slot.
- Subsequently, close the cartridge access door and try to print a sample document.
Driver download procedure is provided here in order to fulfill your customizing printer procedure. Go through the guidelines and install the printer driver and software on your own.
- You have two possible methods to install the driver in your system. That is either with the help of an installation CD or from the Website.
- Power on the computer and open the computer’s disc drive. Now place the CD into it.
- Run and Execute the setup file using the instructions on the screen. At the time of the installation process, you are instructed to choose the connection type.
- Choose the file format based on the operating system of the computer and accomplish the installation process. Once installation is completed, print a sample document.
When the printer faces any issues, you have to take certain measures to bring back the printer to the normal condition. We offer the tips to resolve hardware, software, and network issues. We also provide tips to get good quality print outs. Get connected to us to know more.
Blinking power light
- Based on the indication of the printer’s light, the remedial action is required. If the printer’s power light blinks normally then the printer is performing a routine task.
- If the power light blinks normally, no issue exists. Hold on until the printer completes the print job process.
- Use the power icon to cancel a print job.
- If the printer’s blinking light blinks slowly then the HP Deskjet 2020 printer is in sleep mode.
- To reduce the power consumption of the printer, it goes to sleep mode automatically after five minutes of inactivity.
- Use the power icon to bring the printer from sleep mode to active mode.
- For more details, you can give us a call on the toll- free number.
- When the paper present in the tray gets jammed, your printer’s control panel displays the paper jam, follow the below set of instructions.
- Rebooting the printer and computer might help you to resolve the false paper jam issue.
- Eliminate all the papers from the tray and verify whether that there is any jammed paper inside it.
- If any jammed paper or bit of torn pieces, eliminate it from the tray and then keep the papers inside the input tray.
- Before you load the paper, align them. Overfilling the papers inside the tray could be the reason for the paper jam issue.
- Make use of plain white paper to print a document. Affirm that no dust and debris might accumulate on the printer roller to avoid the paper jam.