123.HP.COM SETUP 2135 PRINTER
Deskjet 2135 printer is an all-in-one printer that can print, scan and copy. Due to its compact size, place it on a desk or shelf. It is very easy to set up. Using the simple controls, you can easily access the printer functions.
- Due to its small size, it is easily portable
- Input tray holds up to 60 sheets of paper
- Output tray holds up to 25 sheets of paper
- It supports various media types ranges from papers to cards.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Print from coupons to school projects at nominal price
- Use this printer right out of the box with easy setup procedure
- Use a USB connection for connecting the printer and the system
Unbox the printer
To start the setup process, you need to open the box and view all contents in it. Check the list of contents in the box. It varies by country/region. Follow the steps below to start the installation process.
- Open the box by removing the plastic tape on the top of it. You can find a package inside it. It contains the installation guide, setup poster and warranty card.
- Take all of them outside the box and keep them aside. Take out the printer from the box and place it on a flat surface. Packaging is done to avoid damage to the device.
- Discard all packing materials surrounding the printer. We suggest you to use the power cable of the printer to connect to the wall socket.
- After connecting, switch on the printer. Install the ink cartridges into their respective slots. Ensure that you place them properly to avoid cartridge issue.
- Feed plain papers into the input tray. Adjust the paper-width guides for the proper alignment. Now, the printer begins to print the alignment page automatically.
How to print
Printing documents is very east by following the steps below.You can print any number of documents from the printer. Ensure that you insert compatible papers into the input tray.
- Prior to printing, modify text font and size. Select the Layout options and make changes to the appearance settings, if necessary.
- Open the documents using the application installed in the system. Select the File option and then choose Print to access general print settings.
- Select the Printer Preferences, Properties based on the operating system version. In the Document Properties screen, make changes to the layout for your print job.
- To get quality documents, you can change the quality settings under the Paper /Quality tab . Change the orientation to Landscape or Portrait based on the document.
- Once you have made changes, click the Print option to begin the printing process. You can get the printouts on the output tray.
- Insert papers into the input tray. Adjust the paper-width guides against the edges of the papers. This is done for proper alignment of papers.
- While inserting, ensure that the papers are not wrinkled or bend.If so, discard them and place wrinkle -free papers into the input tray.
- Open the document you intend to print. In the document, select File-> Print. Choose the printer’s name from the Printer menu.
- Select the unnamed menu located in the middle of the screen to do the required changes in the print settings.
- Once the settings are done, select the Print option to start the print job. You can find the printed output in the output tray.
How to scan
Scanning is done to save the documents in your system that are in the paper format to paperless.There are various scan applications available for both Windows and Mac. Follow the steps below to start the scanning process.
Method 1: Scan using HP Solution Center
- Download the full-featured driver that includes HP Solution Center software. In Windows, type HP. The result screen contains HP Solution Center software in the list.
- Select and double click on it to open the software. Do the necessary changes in the scan software to start the scan job. Select the Scan icon to begin the scanning process.
Method 2: Scan using HP Scan and Capture
- You can get the HP Scan and Capture App from the Windows Store. Download and install the app using the on-screen prompts. Switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
- On Windows, select HP Scan and Capture from the list of available results. Select the Settings icon and then choose the device from the HP Printer. Select Capture Documents to start the scan process.Select Save to get the document saved.
Method 3: Scan using Windows Scan software
- Place the document or photo on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder based on the printer features. On the Search tab, type Scan.
- Select Windows Scan from the results. On the screen, select the New Scan. Select the name of the printer from the installed devices. Do necessary changes and select Scan.
Method 1: Scan using HP Easy Scan app
- Install the printer driver that includes HP Easy Scan app. The App is compatible with the Mac operating system. Keep the document or photo on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Search HP Easy Scan app in your Mac system. Select the app from the available results screen. Choose the printer’s name from the Scanner drop-down menu. Select Scan to start the scan job after adjusting the scan settings.
Method 2: Scan using HP Scan software
- In your Mac system, open Finder, select Go located in the top menu bar and choose Applications. Double-click the HP folder and then locate HP Scan in the list. Select Scan in the HP Scan window.
- Choose the printer’s name in the Scanner menu.Do the necessary changes in the scan settings, Select the Continue option for the printer to start scanning. In case you wish to scan additional items, select Scan Next Item or Add.
There are many reasons for the printer to experience issue. It can be due to the outdated driver and software, incompatible ink cartridges, etc. Follow the commonly occurring printer issues and their solutions.
Slow printing is one of the common issue most inkjet printer experiences. In can be due to various reasons.Follow the solutions to fix the issue.
Step 1: Restart the Deskjet 2135 printer
Power on the printer. Unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and from the wall socket. Connect the cable back. Then, switch on the printer.
Step 2: Verify the printer driver settings
Verify whether the quality option is set to best. This may result in slow printing. Set to normal quality to fix the error.
Step 3: Uninstall the printer driver
Remove the additional printers from the list of available devices. Select Uninstall and then go through the prompts to complete the software removal.
Step 4: Install the driver
Now download the printer driver to get the updated version. It may help you to fix the slow printing issue.
Step 5: Update the firmware
In case the firmware is outdated, the issue occurs. Get the updated firmware from our website. After updating, reboot the system and the printer.
Paper Mismatch error
Paper Mismatch issue occurs when the paper size and paper type is not similar to the paper settings in the system. Follow the steps below to clear the issue.
Windows and Mac
Step 1: Change the paper size settings
- Check the paper size to make certain that the paper inserted matches with the paper settings in the system.
- Select the printer’s name from the drop-down list. Under The properties icon, select the Paper/Quality icon.
- Examine the paper size and paper type. Tap OK in case you have made any changes
Step 2: Verify the paper source settings
- Take out all papers from the input tray. Align the paper and insert them back into the input tray. Modify the paper-width guides against the edges of the paper.
- Select the name of the printer from the list of available devices. Under the Properties screen, select the Paper quality ->Paper Source icon.
- Tap OK to save the changes in the settings and then try to print.
Step 3: Reconfigure the printer
- Power on the printer. Wait till the printer is inactive before moving to the next step. In the on state, unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and wall socket.
- Wait for a minute and then connect the power cable back to the printer. In case the printer is not in the on state, press the power button to turn it on.
- Now try to print from the printer. If the issue persists, call our toll-free number to fix the issue.