123.HP.COM SETUP 2541 SPECIFICATION
If you’re looking for a photo printer or for the home office, the HP Deskjet 2541 is the right choice. The printer network connectivity option: Wireless and USB network connection as well as the printer supports Wireless Direct Printing so you can print a document wirelessly without connecting the printer to the network. The printer works with both Windows and Mac operating system.
The printer’s paper handling capacity for input tray is up to 50 sheets and the output tray is up to 30 sheets. The printer’s maximum print speed for black is up to 7ppm and for color is up to 4ppm.
- The HP Deskjet 2541 printer has the capability to Print, Copy, and Scan.
- Use the mobile printing feature to print your document from wherever you are using your mobile device.
- It is an Energy Start Certified printer which means the printer uses minimal power to print a document or photo.
Once you receive a new printer from the shipment, the first thing you need to do is unpacking. Once you unpack the printer, remove all the tapes from it and then you have to start the set up process.
Step 1: Unpack the printer from the box
- Remove the printer and its accessories from the shipment box. Peel off all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Open the output tray and then unlock the cartridge access door.
- Unwrap all the tape and stickers from inside the HP Deskjet 2541 printer.
- After removing it, lock the output tray and cartridge access door.
Step 2 : Link the power cord and then power on the printer
- Plug-in the power cord from the adapter to the posterior side of the printer.
- Link the power cord to the power adapter and then connect the power cord into an electrical outlet.
- Tap the power button to turn on the HP Deskjet 2541 printer.
Step 3: Place paper into the input tray
- Place plain white into the input tray of the printer. Check whether that the papers are compatible with the printer.
- After inserting the paper, based on the paper size adjust the paper width guides.
Step 4: Ink cartridge installation
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Take a new cartridge from the packing material.
- Peel off all the tapes from the cartridge. Ensure that you do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge.
- Place the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then insert the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- After inserting the cartridges, lock the cartridge access door.
Step 5: Install the printer driver and software
- Based on the operating system, download and install the updated driver and software for the printer.
Fixing up your printer on a network with apple airport
Easily share the HP Deskjet 2541 printer on an existing network by linking it to an Apple AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme Base Station via a USB cable. This allows you to print your document from more than one computer on the network.
I can print with AirPort but I cannot Scan
Are you using AirPort to Print and Scan your document? If you find any issue while scanning a document, use the guides that are listed below to easily resolve the issue.
Step 1: Uninstall the driver and software of the printer
- Find Programs and Features from Windows and then select Programs and Features from the list of results.
- From the list of installed programs, choose your printer and then select Uninstall.
- Make use of the instructions that are displayed on the screen to remove the printer software.
Step 2: Reinstall the updated software
- Download and install the latest driver and software for the printer.
- For Windows OS, download the .exe file type and for Mac OS, download the .dmg file type.
How to monitor ink or toner levels
You have to check the estimated ink level of the printer. During the estimation, if you find that the cartridge is empty, you have to replace it with a new one.
Verify from the printer software
- Power on the HP Deskjet 2541 printer and ensure that it is connected to the computer.
- Find HP from Windows and then select your printer name from the list of results.
- If you find HP Solution Center in the result, select it. An estimated ink level gets displayed on the home screen of the printer software.
- Switch on the printer. From the menu bar, select the Apple icon and then choose System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners, Print and Fax, or Print and Scan.
- Choose your printer name from the printers list, select Options and Supplies and then click on the Supply Levels option.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your device.
- After installing it, select Start, choose your printer name and then click Next.
- From the top menu bar, click on the Printer option. Choose Supply Levels to view the estimated ink levels.
Use the HP Smart app
- Download and install the HP Smart app on your mobile device or computer.
- Use the instructions that are displayed on the screen to configure the HP Deskjet 2541 printer with the app.
- The estimated ink level gets displayed on the main home screen.
Replacing the ink cartridges
An ink is the most important for the printer to print a document. During the ink cartridge estimation, if you find that the cartridge is empty, replace it with a new one.
- Unpack a new cartridge from its packing material. Remove all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Ensure that you do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge. By touching so it leads to the ink cartridge failure, clogging or poor electrical contacts.
- To replace the black ink cartridge, remove the cartridge from the right side of the slot and insert the new cartridge into it.
- To replace the color ink cartridge, you have to take off the cartridge from the left side of the slot and then place the new cartridge into it.
- After inserting the cartridge, check whether that the cartridges are placed properly.
- Now, try to print a document using the printer to check the print quality.
- If the document comes out with best quality, you can continue with a print job.
- If not, consult our technical experts at the toll-free number.
Printing with Wireless Direct
You need not connect your printer with a local network or an Internet, you just have to active the Wireless Direct option in your printer and start printing a document or photo from a Wi-Fi supported mobile device or computer.
How to print from a mobile device with Wireless Direct
- From the printer’s control panel, choose the Wireless Direct icon.
- From the mobile device, select Settings, choose Wi-Fi and then select your printer name from the list.
- Open the document that you would like to print, and then click on the Print option from the app menu.
- Choose your printer model from the list of printers and then select Print.
- To get more information, contacts our technical support team at the toll-free number.
How to print from a computer with Wireless Direct
- Ensure that the printer software is installed on the computer.
- On the control panel of the printer, choose the HP Wireless Direct icon to enable the connection.
- From the computer or laptop, click on the Wireless icon and then choose your printer from the list.
- Open your document or photo that you want to print and then select File and click on Print.
- Choose your printer from the list and then select the Print option.
How to install the printer driver on a computer using wireless direct connection
To install a new driver, download and setup the wireless connection using the wireless direct connection instead of using the wireless connection through the router.
Install the driver using the installation CD
- From the printer’s control panel, click on the HP Wireless Direct icon to enable the connection.
- From the computer or laptop, select the wireless icon and then choose your printer from the list.
- Place the CD into the computer’s disc drive and wait for the installation to proceed.
- When instructed, choose Wireless as the connection type and then select your printer to complete the driver installation.
Installing the driver from the Website
- Download and install the latest driver and software from this website.
- Each operating system has a unique driver, based on the OS download the setup file.
- Enable the HP Wireless Direct option from the printer’s control panel.
- From the computer, click on the Wireless icon and then select your printer from the list.
- Run and execute the downloaded setup file and then start to install the driver on the computer by following the on-screen guides.
- During the installation, when prompted to select a connection type, choose Wireless as the connection type and complete the installation.
USB scanner connection error for Windows and Mac
If you find any issue while scanning a document or photo, you have to fix and rectify it. Make use of the guides that are listed below to resolve the issue. Make your printer ready to scan your document.
Step 1: Reboot the printer and computer
- In some of the cases, rebooting the printer and computer might restore a lost scan connection.
- Try to scan a document, if the error still persists, move to the next step.
Step 2: Verify the USB connection
- Plug-in the cable to a different USB port on the computer. In case you are connecting to a USB 3.0 port, try to connect to a USB 2.0 port.
- In case you have connected the printer via a USB hub or docking station, try to connect the cable directly to a port on the computer.
- In case you have several USB connected devices, the system might not get enough power for the USB port to detect all of them.
- Unplug other USB devices that are not in use. Try to scan a document. If the issue still persists, move to the next step.
- For any queries, contact our technical experts at the toll-free number.
Step 1: Restart the printer and computer
- At a certain point, rebooting the printer and computer might rectify the lost scan connection.
- After restarting it, try to scan a document or photo. If you still find an issue, move to the next step.
Step 2: Exclude and re-add the printer to the Mac
- Find Print from Mac and then select the Print and Fax, Print and Scan or Printers and Scanners from the list.
- Verify if the printer name displays in the Printers list. If you find your printer in the list, remove and re-add the printer to confirm its communication.
- Choose your printer name, click on the minus sign and then delete the printer.
- After removing the printer, click on the plus sign, select Add Printer or Scanner, choose your printer name.
- Select the Use or Print Using box and then select your printer from the list.
- Click on Add to add the printer to the list. Try to Scan a document using the printer.