HP DESKJET 2548 SETUP
HP Deskjet 2548 is a suitable printer for both home and office purpose. The connection option includes wireless and USB printing. It is very easy to set up. The text quality is very good compared to other printers. This impeccable printer comes at an affordable price.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
- The input tray can handle up to 50 sheets of paper.
- The output tray can handle up to 30 sheets of paper.
- The functions of the printer is print, scan and copy.
- The print speed for black up to 20 papers per minute.
- The print speed for color up to 16 papers per minute.
- Good photo prints
- Affordable price
- Mobile printing
- Acceptable text printing
- No color screen
- No borderless printing
- No auto duplex
- No internal paper tray
HP Deskjet 2548 printer is an energy star certified printer. It provides Print, Copy and Scan features with an affordable price. It includes wireless printing.
123.hp.com setup 2548 Printer setup
Prior to starting the setup process, examine whether all contents are in the box. If not, inform the manufacturer about the missing one. Now, follow the steps to start the process.
- Open the box. Take out all contents from the box. The contents in the box are USB cable, power cable, user manual, ink cartridges and a software installation CD.
- erify the contents in the box as it may vary by country/region. You can check out the list in the rear of the printer. Discard all packing materials from the interior of the box.
- Take out the printer from the box and place it on an even surface. Using the power cord, connect one end of the cable to the printer’s rear and to the wall socket.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button. Take out the ink cartridges from the package. Install them into their respective slots. Make sure that you place them properly.
- Feed sufficient paper into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides. After the cartridge installation, the printer automatically prints an alignment page.
If you face any issues or queries, ring us on our toll-free 1-888-249-8496, our tech experts are here to help you to resolve your problems.
USB Printer Setup for HP Deskjet 2548
To set up the printer for a USB connection, it is necessary to get a USB cable. Ensure that it is not faulty. If so, replace it with a new one. Follow the steps below to start the connection.
Step 1: Organize the requirements
- Get the USB cable from the printer’s shipment box. Make sure that the cable is less than 3m in length. Do not connect multiple devices to a USB hub or docking station.
- The multiple connections may lead to insufficient power to the other devices. Examine whether there is any defect the USB cable. If any, replace it.
Step 2: Install the driver and start the connection
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the USB port on the system and the other end of the cable to the port on the printer’s rear.
- After connection, you can see the printer’s name on the available printers list. If not, install the updated driver in the system to complete the installation process.
Step 1: Get the requirements
- Switch on the printer and the system. Get a USB cable from the printer’s shipment box. In case the cable is not available, purchase one that is less than 3m in length.
- Do not connect multiple devices to the USB hub or docking station. When you connect more devices, you may not get sufficient power to operate the devices connected to it.
Step 2: Start the connection and install the driver
- Connect one end of the cable to the USB port on printer’s rear and the other end of the cable to the USB port located in system’s rear.
- After the connection, you can see the printer’s name on the available printers list. If it is not displayed, install the updated driver and do the process again.
When you are using a printer, the first step is to install the driver for it to start the printing process. After installing the printer, the system urges you to install the driver for it. Use the steps below to install the driver for both Windows and Mac OS.
Step 1: Download the updated driver
- You can either use a software installation CD or download the driver from our website to start the installation process.
- The CD includes the setup file and the scanning software. The setup file for a Windows operating system is in .exe format.
- Double-click the setup file to start the installation process. In case the installation fails abruptly, download the driver .
Step 2: Install the downloaded driver
- While downloading, do not switch off the system and ensure that the internet connection is stable. When the connection stops, the download fails.
- If the downloaded file size is large, try to download in zip format. After downloading, you can uncompress to get the individual files.
- To get the driver for a Windows system, call our customer support team. They provide the required steps to download the file from our website.
Step 1: Download the printer driver
- Make use of a software installation CD consigned in the printer’s shipment box to start the installation process.
- When you place the CD on the computer’s disc driver, a list of files displayed on the screen. Select the .dmg setup file.
- After clicking it, use the on-screen steps to complete the process. In case the installation fails, follow the next step.
Step 2: Install the updated driver
- When you wish to download the driver, examine whether the printer and operating system support the printer.
- At the time of downloading, do not turn off the system. Ensure that the internet connection remains stable. If the connection is not proper, the download fails.
- To download the driver from our website, call our professional experts to provide the steps regarding the download process.
Wireless printer setup
A wireless connection can be done without the help of any cables. Just use the required credentials to connect the printer to the system. Follow the steps below to start the connection process for both Windows and Mac.
Step 1: Meet the requirements
- Switch on the printer and the system. Try to connect the printer and the system to the same wireless network. Place both devices close to a wireless router.
- Ensure that you do not keep any metal objects near the router. Do not connect the system to a guest network. Gather the network name and password.
Step 2: Use Wireless Setup Wizard and download the driver
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard method to display the list of available networks on the screen. Select your network name and type the password for connection process.
- Now, the printer starts establishing the connection. In case the connection is not established, download the driver and complete the process.
Step 1: Prepare the requirements
- For a secure connection, get the network name and password. Connect the printer to the system with an active internet connection.
Ensure that both devices are connected to the same wireless network.
- For a strong signal strength, place the printer and the system close to a network router. Do not connect the system to a guest network and keep all metal objects away from the router.
Step 2: Start the connection
- Using the credential, you can connect the printer to a wireless network. You can type them manually. With the help of Wireless Setup Wizard, list out the available networks in the surroundings.
- Select the network name and then enter the password, if necessary. Once the network is established, a wireless light on the control panel of the printer remains stable.
Printing on both sides
Duplex printing is one of the efficient printing techniques used. It is an economical method. This feature saves the printing cost and paper cost.
Printing on both sides of the paper for Windows
Place enough paper on the input tray. Open the document or photo you intend to print. On the application, select the File menu.
- On the drop-down list, select the Print option. Select the name of the printer. Choose Printer Properties or Printing Preferences.
- In the printing shortcut tab, select Printing on both sides. Based on the readability, select binding or page flip.
- Press OK and then print to start the printing process. After printing, place the printed first page into the input tray.
- Choose Continue to start the printing process of the other side of the pages.
Print on both sides of the paper – Mac device
Insert enough number of papers into the input tray to avoid page ordering issues. Open the required document that you need to print.
- On the application, select File-> Print. On the unnamed menu, select the name of the printer from the Printer option.
On the Paper Handling menu, select Pages to Print->Odd only. Based on the input tray, insert papers into it and then select Print.
- Once all pages are printed, take out the printed pages from the input tray.
- To print other sides of the pages, reinsert the pages into them. Now, start the printing process. This duplex printing process is done.
Google Cloud Print
Use Google Cloud Print to print documents or photos. It is technology provided by Google to print the documents or photos securely from any network enables devices.
- Switch on the printer and the system. Install Google Chrome in your system in case it is not installed.
- On the Chrome menu option, select the Settings from the drop-down list. Move to the Settings-> Show Advanced settings.
- Select the Google Cloud Print -> Manage option. If your printer is enlisted under New Devices, Register the device.
- To print the required document, sign up to your Google Account. Choose Print->Upload file to print.
- Choose your printer’s name from the list. Do the necessary changes in the print settings and then click Print to start the print job.
Printer will not print after Windows 10 Update
Your printer experiences issue when the operating system is upgraded to Windows 10. You may not be able to print. To solve the issue, follow the steps below:
- Ensure that the printer is in on state and connected to the network. Do not connect the printer to a surge protector or power adapter.
- In case the printer is connected to a USB cable, examine whether the cables are connected properly.
- Examine the wireless connection. In case the wireless light is stable, then the connection is enabled.
- Exclude the printer’s name from the list and then include it again to start the printing process.
- You can also update the printer driver .This can also help you to resolve the printing issue.
Scan with HP Solution Center Software
You can use may software to so the scanning process. HP Solution Center is one such software which is compatible with the Windows system to start the scan job.
- Take out the original document from the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder based on the printer’s features.
- To start the scan process, in Windows, type HP Solution Center. A list of available results gets displayed.
- Select the HP Solution Center from the results and open it. Make necessary changes in the scan settings.
- Now, look the scan preview to check the document before scanning to make any additional changes in it.
- Press the Scan button to do the scanning process. Once scanned, the file gets stored in the destination folder.
List of printer issues
- Paper jam
- Ink cartridge issue
- Driver installation issue
- Slow printing
- Paper Mismatch
When the print speed is slower than the normal print speed, then work cannot be completed at the expected time. To fix the issue, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Restart the printer
Rebooting the printer is one of the common step done to solve the issue. In case the issue is not resolved, move to the next step
Step 2: Check the printer driver settings
On the printer driver settings, examine whether the printing settings is set to Best quality. If so, it may result in slow print speed.
Step 3: Uninstall the printer driver
Try to uninstall the printer driver from the list of installed programs. Make use of the on-screen prompts for software removal.
Step 4: Re-install the printer driver
Download the upgraded driver. In case the driver is outdated issue occurs. Re-installing the driver may help to solve the issue.
Step 5: Update the printer firmware
In case the issue persists, you can update the printer firmware from our website. After updating, try to print a sample document
Step 6: Examine the network status
In case the signal strength is weak, the issue occurs. Place the printer and the system close to a wireless router to get a strong signal.