123.HP.COM SETUP 2622 PRINTER
HP Deskjet 2622 printer has a versatile compatible paper size range which will be an ideal pick in HP Deskjet printer series. It can print up to 60 pages without the need to reload the paper tray. Compact in size, this printer is designed for both home and office use.
- It has a maximum print resolution of up to 1200 x 1200 dpi for black prints.
- It has a maximum print resolution of up to 4800 x 1200 dpi for color prints.
- It has a print speed of up to 7.5 ppm (black) and up to 5.5 ppm (color).
- It has a 60-sheet input tray and 25-sheet output tray.
- The media types supported by this model are plain paper, photo paper and brochure paper.
- Both monochrome and color printer options are available.
- It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating system.
- It supports manual duplex printing.
- It supports USB and Wireless interface.
- Print from anywhere in your home using HP ePrint and AirPrint.
- This model helps to conserve energy and it is Energy Star certified.
First Time 123.hp.com Setup 2622 Printer Setup
Place the printer on a stable, flat surface that extends beyond the base of the product in all directions. Unbox your printer and remove the printer from the plastic bag. Discard the packaging material from the inside of the printer.
- Lift the scanner lid and remove the styrofoam sheet. Connect the power cord to the rear of the printer and plug the other end into a wall outlet. Do not place any object on top of the power supply cords and use the power source indicated on the printer’s label.
- The computer should be placed away from potential sources of electromagnetic interference. Unwrap a new cartridge from its package and do not shake the ink cartridge after the seal is removed. Open the cartridge access door and slowly insert the cartridge into the cartridge holder.
- Pull out the paper support and slide out the paper guide. Load enough paper in the tray and adjust the guides to even the edges. Install the printer driver from the Installation CD. The driver can also be downloaded from our website.
- The power usage can be reduced if the printer is set in Sleep mode. On your printer’s control panel, select the Setup option and then choose Preferences. Go through the list and then select Sleep Mode. Choose the timing based on your requirement and then click OK.
- If you are not going to use the product for a long period, then enable the Auto-Off option. If your printer is not active for 2 hours, it will automatically turn off. The Copy option on your printer’s control panel opens the Copy menu where you can select a copy type or change the copy settings.
HP Driver Installation
Go to our website and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver software. If your computer is not connected to the Internet, then install the driver from the installation disc.
Run the setup file from the website
- Note down your printer’s model number and your system’s operating system. In the download page, enter the printer’s model number and then download the driver software for your operating system.
- When the download is complete, locate the downloaded file and then double-click it. The files will be extracted and the installation will begin. There will be prompt to choose the installation type.
- Choose between Custom Install and Easy Install. When prompted, choose the connection type. Follow the on-screen guidelines to complete the installation.
Run the setup file from the disc
- On your computer, open the CD drive. Place the CD in the drive and close it. Immediately a new window will open on your computer screen, click the Open and View Contents option.
- Locate the setup file for your operating system and begin the installation. Run the setup file and click the Yes option to proceed with the installation.
- Click Agree to accept the license agreement and continue with the installation. Follow the on-screen steps to complete the setup. Now, you will be able to locate the HP software on your computer.
USB Printer Setup
To connect with USB, you need to first install the driver software. You can download the printer driver from our website or install it from the setup disc.
- The USB port can be enabled from Embedded Web Server. Select the Print tab in EWS. Select the Retrieve from USB Setup option and then choose Enable Retrieve from USB.
- Click Apply and confirm if the USB flash drive is inserted into the easy-access USB port. Once the printer detects the USB flash drive, click the OK button for it to access the drive.
- To change from a wireless connection to a USB setup, open System Preferences. Depending on your operating system, click Printers & Scanners, Print & Fax or Print in the Hardware section.
- Choose your printer in the left pane and click (-) at the bottom of the list. Open HP Utility. HP Utility will be present in the HP folder at the top level of the hard disk.
- Choose the Devices option, select Setup New Device and follow the prompts to complete the setup. Try to print a test document. If the document prints successfully, the setup is completed.
- First, press the power button to turn on the printer. Connect the USB cable to the USB port on the back of the printer and then connect the other end to your Mac device.
- Click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences. Under the hardware section, click the Printers and Scanners option. If your printer is not listed, then click the plus sign.
- If a drop-down list opens, select the Add Printer or Scanner option. Click the name of your printer. Click the Use box, then select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu.
- If you are prompted to install the printer software from Apple, click Install to complete the setup. After the installation process, verify that your printer is displayed on the devices list.
- When you are prompted to choose a connection type, select the USB option. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the installation.
Duplex printing is a feature that will allow you to print on both sides of a sheet of paper. Two print engines are installed in high volume printers. This will allow them to print both sides of the paper in a single pass.
- You can create dual-sided prints on HP printers using the driver software for Windows. Load the input tray with enough paper to complete the print job.
- Make sure the cartridges are not empty. Open the document you want to print. Open the system print dialog box and select your printer from the list of choices in the selection area.
- Click Preferences and then select the Printing Shortcut tab. If the tab is not available, click the Features tab. Select the Two-Sided Printing option.
- Click the checkbox next to Two-Sided Printing and select your desired page flip option. Selecting the Flip on Long Edge option will create printouts in booklet style.
- Make sure this setting is applied to print the entire document. Click Save and then continue with the next steps to print your document.
- By configuring the driver and manually restocking the printouts, you can create two-sided documents. Check the Estimated Ink Level and then load enough paper in the input tray.
- Open the document you want to print and then click the File menu. Select Print to open the print dialog box. Click the Printer drop-down and choose your printer.
- If there are no settings displayed in the print dialog box, click Show Details. If a Two-Sided Printing option is available, your printer supports automatic duplexing.
- Select the checkbox next to Duplex Printing and then change the binding options from the Layout menu. If required, alter the other print settings and then click Print. The document will be printed.
Printing with black ink only
To deliver a black and white print out, the printer will use only the black ink cartridge. If you want a black and white print out, then change the settings in the HP software to print only with black ink.
- Open the document you want to print and click the File menu. Select the Print icon and choose your printer from a list of printers.
- On the next window, choose Printer Properties. Now, you will be able to customize the print settings. Open Settings and then click Advanced.
- Choose Black Ink Only and then click Save. To apply the same settings to all your prints, go to Print Settings and open the Advanced tab.
- Under the Grayscale tab, select the Black and White option and then choose All Prints. Save the changes and then click Print. The black and white document will be printed.
- Before attempting to print the document, make sure your printer is in a ready state. On your Mac computer, open the document you want to print.
- Click File and then select the Print option. Choose Show Details and then click the Grayscale option (Paper Type Option).
- Select Black Ink Only and click Save. The black shade can be varied, go to Grayscale and select the option, Draft. If you want to increase the quality, select High Quality.
- Select the shade you want and save the changes. To always print with only black ink, select the All Prints option. Click Print and your document will be printed in black.
Printer not found during network setup
Follow the online user guide or instruction manual to fix the connectivity issues. Make sure your printer does not display any error messages and is in a ready state.
- Power off your printer and then power it back on. On your computer, open Devices and Printers. Check the icon of your printer, it should not be gray. Right-click the icon of your printer and then select Set as default printer. Right-click your printer icon again, then click See What’s Printing.
- Click the Printer option, remove any checkmarks next to Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline. Choosing the correct port for your printer will help your computer communicate with your printer. Click the Windows button and type Devices and Printers.
- Select Devices and Printers from the results. Right-click your printer icon and then select Printer Properties. Click the Ports tab and view the list of ports. Make sure the port type matches the connection you are using.
- If your printer is connected via USB, the port will be USB or DOT4 in the description. If your printer is using a network connection, the port type will be WSD, network or IP in the description. Try to reconnect the devices.