HP DESKJET 2655 SETUP
Dubbed the cheapest printer in the market, this printer is designed for home usage. This all-in-one printer offers impressive features for its price. Equipped with inkjet-based printing technology, this device can print both color and mono prints. This miniature printer can easily fit in small shelves and compact computer desks.
- Print speeds are 20 pages per minute for mono and 16 pages per minute for color. Monthly duty cycle is 1000 pages.
- This printer is based on two cartridge system, black, and tri-color.
- Scanning is from a flatbed scanner.
- The Network connection is by means of wireless and USB.
- Mobile printing is supported in this printer.
- This all-in-one printer offers features such as print, scan, and copy.
- Presence of manual duplexing allows two-sided printing.
- Recommended monthly volume is 100 pages.
- Input and output tray capacity is 60 and 25 sheets respectively.
After receiving the printer, it should be transported to a sturdy counter and unpacked. The device is checked for damages and the connections are made as per the following instructions.
The contents are removed. This includes the power cord, cartridges, Driver CD, User guide, and the printer.
The tapes present on the printer are removed. this is to secure the parts from moving.
The cartridge is inserted in its respective slot after removing the protective tapes.
The power cord is connected to the rear of the printer and the other end directly to the power socket on the wall.
Install the driver from the CD.
USB Printer setup
Your printer can be configured to work via USB. This is done by changing the driver settings during its installation. Follow the steps mentioned below for detailed guidance on USB Printer Setup.
Prepare the printer
Switch on your printer. obtain a USB cable of approximately 3 meters in length.
The printer is kept in print ready state. The paper tray is filled and the ink cartridge is locked in place. This will avoid unintended interruptions during print verification.
USB Driver installation
Connect the cable to the USB port present at the rear of your printer and the other end of the cable to a USB port that is in working condition on your computer.
Do not use a USB hub. Make the connection directly as this will help to avoid unnecessary complications.
Preparing the printer for USB setup
Switch on your printer and keep it in a ready state. Gather a USB cable around 3 meters in length.
Connect this cable to your printer and your computer.
Driver installation and connection steps
Download the driver software from the link provided by us. On the website, type your printer model and select your OS version as MAC and start the download.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. Choose USB as your network connection mode.
Post installation, choose a document from your computer and attempt printing it. With this, the connection status can be verified.
The driver software is used to bridge the connection between the printer and the computer. This acts as a link and the latest driver software can be downloaded by following the steps mentioned below.
- Exercise care as a driver software can only work with their corresponding printer model.
- On the download screen, when you are asked to pick the Operating system that is running on your computer, choose Windows.
- To start the installation, double-click the downloaded driver set up file. Acquire assistance for installation from software such as HP Install Assistant, HP Smart App, and HP Install Wizard.
- Follow the instructions displayed on-screen to complete the installation. Add your printer to your printer’s list of recognized devices from its Control Panel.
- In Printer and Scanners, select your printer and make it the default printer. Print a test document for verification.
- A driver is a software that is specific to your printer model. The driver that is designed for one model will not work in another.
- From the link we provide, download the driver software. Select your Operating System as Mac.
- After downloading, double-click the Setup file to begin the installation.
- During the installation, select your mode of the network connection between wireless or USB.
- Open the System Preferences window, after the driver installation. Select Apple menu and then select Print & Scan.
- Click the plus icon after choosing your printer’s name from the list. Click Add Printer or Scanner. Print a test document.
Wireless printer setup
Wireless is a mode of printer connectivity. To use this, you will be required to make changes to the driver software during installation. Only one more of connectivity is possible at a time.
- Open the wireless option on your printer’s Control Panel. Your printer will scan surrounding and display the results. Choose your network from the list and connect with it by entering the password.
- Download the driver software by going to the link provided us. Enter your printer model and select Windows as your OS.
- Proceed with the installation after downloading the driver software. HP Install Assistant or HP Installation Wizard can be used in the event of desiring assistance for driver install.
- Choose Wireless as the mode of your network connection.
- Download the full-feature driver software if it is available.
- Connect your computer and printer to the same wireless network. Turn on Wireless option a list of available networks is displayed. Choose your network and enter the password to connect to it.
- The driver software can be downloaded from the link we provide. On the link, enter your printer model and opt for the Full-feature driver.
- Choose the operating system as Mac and then click the download button. Mac driver is in the .dmg format and can be easily recognized by your computer.
- Install the driver software by following the on-screen instructions. Choose Wireless as your mode of network connection. Print a document to verify the connection status.
- Load sufficient paper in the input tray to avoid interrupting the printing process.
- Choose a document that you want to print and in the photo viewer, open File and click Print.
- Choose your printer and open Printer Properties. If you find a Printing Shortcut tab, choose Print on Both Sides option.
- If not, go to the Print Preferences and choose the Print on both sides option.
- Click Ok and click Print.
- Fill your input tray with paper. Open a document and click Print.
- Click the Show Details and search and click on Two-Sided selection box.
- Go to the Paper Handling menu and select Odd Only from Pages to Print menu.
- Choose rear loading. This is followed by choosing between Booklet style and Tablet style.
- In the Print Menu, select Even Only from the Pages to Print option.
- From the Page Order, choose Automatic and click Print.
Google Cloud Print
Cloud printing allows you to print documents that have been stored in Cloud. There is no need to transfer the contents to your computer. Follow the steps below for detailed procedure.
- Turn on your printer and ensure it is print ready. The cartridge inserted and paper tray is loaded.
- The printer and the computer need to be connected to the same wireless network.
- On your computer, open your Chrome browser and sign in to your Google account.
- In the address bar type chrome:\\devices, and hit Enter key. This allows Google to detect any printers on your network.
- f your printer happens to b found under My Devices, click Manage to view your device as it has already been registered with Google. Print a document from Cloud like how it is done from a wireless network for verification.
Printer does not print after upgrading to Windows 10
When you have upgraded to a newer version of the operating system, the subsequent software that was existing prior to the upgrade is to be upgraded as well to prevent any issues.
- Turn on your printer and keep it turned on during the entire process.
- The ink cartridges are ensured to have sufficient ink in them to last a while. The paper trays are loaded with paper so that it might not interrupt the process.
- The primary reason the printer does not print after the operating system of your computer is upgraded to the latest version is the fact that the driver that is running on your computer is outdated.
- This can only be fixed by updating the driver software. Check for the latest driver software from the link provided by our technicians.
- If there is no driver software, uninstall the existing driver. This is done by going to the Control Panel and clicking the Devices and Printers. Select your HP printer driver and click the uninstall button.
- Go to the link provided by us to download the latest driver software. Print a document for verification.
Scan with HP Solution Center software
The HP Solution Center is a software that was developed in 2011 exclusively for computers that run Windows Operating System. With this software, you can manage all your printer functions with ease.
This software is available for free and can be downloaded on any Windows-operated computer. This software will automatically identify your printer upon installation.
The interface on this software is elegantly designed for your benefit and ease of usage. If there is difficulty in locating the software or if it is not working on your computer, install the full-feature driver software.
The software contains a scan button. Place the document in the scanner glass and click this button.
List of printer issues
- Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup for Windows OS
- Printer is Offline for Windows OS
- Network Scanner Connection Error for Windows OS
- Black ink not printing
- USB Scanner Connection Error for Windows OS
- Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup for Mac OS
Slow printing is the result of the printer not responding to the commands from the computer or when the printer is taking an enormous amount of time to process the information.
Reset your printer
Reset your printer by turning on the device and abruptly removing the power cord. It is reconnected after a period of 60 seconds. The printer turns on automatically.
Check the print driver settings
From your computer’s Control Panel, open Devices and Printers. Click Set Preferences and in the Paper type area, ensure that Plain Paper is selected. The set the Quality Mode to Normal.
Uninstall and reinstall the print driver settings
Disconnect the cable If the network connection is via USB. In your Control Panel, Open Programs and Features and from the list. Click on your driver and choose Uninstall.
Update the firmware
The printer Firmware can be updated by clicking the Download button found in the firmware under the Software and Download option. It is recommended to opt for HP Download and Install Assistant for guidance.
Check your network status
Check the strength of network connection. For a wireless network, the signal strength can be checked by observing the signal bar and by observing the wireless indicator on your printer.