HP DESKJET 2676 PRINTER
The HP DeskJet 2676 all-in-one printer can easily print from a variety of smartphones and tablets. You can easily manage printing tasks and scan on the go with the HP All-in-One Printer Remote app. It is capable of printing twice as many pages that you need. In a less time, it is capable of producing high-quality prints.
Features and Specifications
- The HP DeskJet 2676 all-in-one printer can copy, print, and scan.
- This wireless all-in-one printer is embedded with the output tray that minimizes space when closed, reduces jams, and holds 25 sheets when in use.
- It supports USB and wireless.
- It supports 60 Sheet Input Tray.
- It can print up to 1,000 Pages monthly.
- It is capable of printing up to 20 ppm for the draft (black) and up to 7.5 ppm for iSO (black). It is capable of printing up to 16 ppm for the draft (color) and 5.5 ppm for iSO (Color).
- Its maximum printing resolution for black is up to 1200*1200 Rendered dpi.
- Its maximum printing resolution for color is up to 4800*1200 Optimised dpi.
123.hp.com setup 2676 Printer setup
First, unpack the HP DeskJet 2676 printer, then do as per the instructions that are instructed below to set the printer control panel preferences, load paper, and install the ink cartridges.
- Remove the printer from the printer box, take-off all the tapes, stickers, and the packing materials from the printer and then discard all the packing materials.
- Connect the power cord to the wall outlet and the printer, then press the power button to turn the printer.
- Now, set the control panel preferences on the printer.
- Pull the input tray, insert plain white paper into it and push the tray back to its position.
- Open the ink cartridge access door, install the new ink cartridges slowly into its correct slot and close the ink cartridge access door, and finally the printer prints an alignment page.
To use the printer on a wireless network, you must install the print drivers and other software for your printer. Install the software on each computer that you plan to share with the printer if you have more than one computer on the network.
WIRELESS PRINTER SETUP FOR MAC
STEP 1: PREPARE FOR INSTALLATION
- To use your printer on a wireless network, first, you must check if the computer is connected to your wireless network, then ensure the printer, router, and the computer are turned on.
- Check if the computer and the printer are connected to the same wireless network, then set up the printer, load paper into the input tray, and install the ink cartridges.
- Disconnect if any USB cable is connected.
STEP 2: RESTORE DEFAULT WIRELESS SETTINGS ON THE PRINTER
- Make sure the wireless light is blinking and the power button light is bright, on the printer control panel.
- Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button at the same time for 3 seconds, if the wireless light is not blinking.
STEP 3: INSTALL THE SOFTWARE AND PRINTER DRIVER
- Go to our website, enter your printer model name, click the “Download” button on the displayed page and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the driver download and installation process.
WIRELESS PRINTER SETUP FOR WINDOWS
STEP 1: CONFIRM THE REQUIREMENTS
- To use your printer on a wireless network, first ensure you have switched on your printer, computer, and the router.
- Then ensure that the computer is connected to your wireless network and the printer is also connected to the same wireless network.
STEP 2: RE-CONFIGURE DEFAULT WIRELESS SETTINGS ON YOUR PRINTER
- On the printer control panel, check if the wireless light is blinking and the power button light is bright.
- If not, then press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button at the same time for 3 seconds.
STEP 3: SOFTWARE INSTALLATION
- Remove if any USB cable is connected from the printer, then go to our website and click “Download” to download and run HP Easy Start.
- If prompted to choose your printer, click “My Printer Is Not Shown”. A Printer Not Found screen appears.
- Select “Continue”, choose “Wireless network”, and then tap “Continue”, and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your printer on a wireless network.
USB PRINTER SETUP
You can quickly establish a USB cable connection between your HP printer and the computer. Follow the steps as they are instructed to complete the USB setup for Windows or Mac.
Step 1: Prime preparation for setting up the printer
- Turn on the printer and ensure it is in a ready state.
- Before installing the HP driver, if you connected the USB cable to the computer, then remove it.
- Search Windows for ‘devices’, tap “Devices and Printers”, then right-click the printer icon, click “Remove device” and close the Devices and Printers window.
Step 2: Setup the driver and configure the connection
- Go to our website, select your printer model, then follow on-screen prompts to download the HP Easy start.
- When the driver or HP Easy Start downloads, you must follow the on-screen prompts to open the download file to begin the setup. When prompted to select a connection type, tap “USB” and complete the entire setup.
Step 1: Get ready with all the requirements needed to setup your printer
- Before you begin, confirm that the printer is turned on and in a ready state.
- Also, check if there is an available USB port on your computer, and disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer.
Step 2: Printer driver installation and establishing the connection
- To download the driver, visit our website, type your printer model, click “Download”.
- If HP Easy Start downloads, do as per the on-screen prompts to setup and install your printer.
- If not, then choose your printer model from our website, tap download, open “HP Easy Start” or the HP .dmg file in the Downloads folder or browser bar. Select USB, and if prompted then choose your printer name, click “Use” or “Print Using”, click your printer name, and click “Add”.
To print on both sides of the page, use the duplexing settings in the print driver. Follow the stepwise instructions that are instructed below to print on both sides of the page.
DUPLEX PRINTING (WINDOWS)
- Open the document to print, and click File -> Print.
- Then select your printer name.
- Tap “Printer Properties”, “Preferences”, or the “Printer Setup” option, and the “Document Properties” or “Printing Preferences” window pops up.
- If a Printing shortcuts tab is available, select “Print on Both Sides” or “Two-sided (Duplex) Printing”.
- If it is unavailable, then tap “Layout”, “Features”, or “Finishing”.
- Tap “Binding” or “Page flip” and click Ok-> Print.
- Remove and reinsert the document in the input tray and click “Continue”.
DUPLEX PRINTING (MAC)
- Open the document, click File -> Print -> Show Details.
- If the Two-Sided option is available, select Layout -> long or short-edge binding -> Print.
- If the Two-Sided option is not available, select Paper Handling -> Odd Only. Select “Automatic” or “Reverse” based on Rear or front-loading paper tray, and click “Print”.
- Remove and reinsert the page in the input tray, select “Even Only” from the “Pages to Print” menu, select “Automatic” or “Normal” and then click “Print”.
When your printer is printing the documents very slowly, follow the step by step instructions that are given below accordingly to troubleshoot the issue quickly.
Step 1: Printer boot- up
- With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the printer and the wall outlet.
Step 2: Verify the configured printer driver settings
- Search Windows for printers, tap “Devices and printers”, and double-click your printer icon. Double-click Set Preferences and check the paper type information. Then click “ok” or “apply” and close the Devices and Printers window.
Step 3: Printer driver uninstallation procedure
- Search Windows for programs and features, tap Programs and Features, tap printer name -> Uninstall or Yes, and do as per the on-screen prompts to finish the software removal.
Step 4: Printer driver reinstallation procedure
- Go to our website, select the printer model, click “Download” and follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the driver.
Step 5: Keep the printer firmware up to date
- Go to our website, click your printer name, select your OS, click Firmware, then click Download. Select Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended), select Next, and then select Install now. Then follow the on-screen prompts to update the firmware.
Step 6: scrutinize the existing network status
- If your printer is connected to the wireless network, check the wireless signal strength.
- If the printer is connected to the wired network, then make sure the cable connections are secure.
The entire driver installation procedure for the HP DeskJet 2676 printer is elaborated in stepwise format. Follow the step by step instructions to download and install the driver.
DRIVER INSTALLATION (WINDOWS)
Step 1: Download the upgraded printer driver for Windows
- Go to our website and type your printer model name.
- Then click the “Download” button on the displayed page and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the driver download process.
Step 2: Installing the downloaded printer driver
- Based on the printer type, the “HP Easy Start” might download. Open the downloaded file to start the setup, by following the on-screen instructions.
- Select the “USB” option when prompted to choose the connection type.
- Select “Download only” to save and run the driver file from your computer, or follow the on-screen instructions to use the guided “HP Download and Install Assistant”. When prompted by the installer, choose “USB” and complete the setup.
If the “HP Easy Start” fails to download, then tap “Download” under Driver-Product Installation Software on our website.
DRIVER INSTALLATION (MAC)
Step 1: Download the updated HP Deskjet 2676 printer driver for your computer
- Go to our website, choose your printer model name, click “Download” and follow the on-screen instructions to download the updated HP Deskjet 2676 printer driver for your Mac computer.
Step 2: Install the upgraded printer driver
- Open the Download folder, and then begin the HP Easy Start file or updated printer driver .dmg folder to start the installation process.
Follow the displayed instructions to install the printer driver.
- Tap Add Printer to begin the printer print queue on your device.
- The Add Window pops up.
- Choose your printer name, tap on the Use or Print Using menu, and click the printer name from the filtered list followed by the Add button.
- Return to the HP installer and get your installation process finished.