DESKJET 3050 PRINTER SETUP
The HP DeskJet 3050 is an excellent all-in-one printer that best suits for home or office. It prints on a wide variety of papers, including photograph paper. It is also an ENERGY STAR approved product with an efficient sleep mode. It features a 60-sheet loading tray and a 25-sheet receiving tray.
- The HP DeskJet 3050 printer copies at a maximum resolution of up to 600 dpi for black and white.
- It copies at a maximum resolution of up to 600 dpi for color.
- Its recommended monthly volume is 250 – 500 pages.
- It is capable of printing at a resolution of up to Up to 600 dpi (mono) and up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (color).
- Its maximum print speed for black and white is 20 ppm and for color is 16 ppm.
- The HP DeskJet 3050 printer supports OS such as MS Windows XP SP2 or later, Apple Mac OS X 10.5, MS Windows 7, MS Windows Vista, and Apple Mac OS X 10.6.
- Its maximum media size is A4/Legal.
- It supports media type such a cards, envelopes, iron-on transfers, labels, photo paper, plain paper, and transparencies.
Unboxing the 123.hp.com setup 3050 printer
First, unpack the printer and then use the stepwise instructions that are guided below to set the control panel preferences, install the ink cartridges, align the printer, and install the printer software.
Step 1 : THIS STEP INVOLVES UNSEALING THE PRINTER AND ITS PACKING ITEMS FROM THE BOX
- Take the Deskjet 3050 printer out of the printer box and remove all the packing materials, tapes, and the stickers that are attached to it.
- Open the cartridge access door and remove all the packing materials which are placed under it.
- Clear all the packing materials from the outside and inside of the printer.
- After removing all the packing materials, keep them aside for recycling.
Step 2 : VERIFY THE CONTENTS OF THE BOX AND ARRANGE YOUR PRINTER
- Check if all the items that are listed are there inside the box. Now, connect the one end of the power cord to the printer and the other end to the wall outlet, and then turn on the printer.
- Then you have to set the control panel preferences for your printer. For that, select the language, country/region and date/time on the printer control panel and then select “Yes” to confirm your choice.
Step 3 : SETTING UP THE INK CARTRIDGES
- Open the ink cartridge access door and then wait till the carriage remains silent, and meanwhile remove the ink cartridge from its package.
- When the carriage remains silent, insert the new ink cartridge into the slot correctly.
- After installing all the cartridges, close the ink cartridge access door.
Step 4 : PRINTING AN ALIGNMENT PAGE
- Pull the input tray and then load enough amount of paper into it, to overcome the page ordering issues. Then push the input tray back to its place.
- After loading the paper, the printer prints an alignment page automatically.
- If it does not print the alignment page automatically then select Setup -> tools -> Align printer from the printer control panel.
- Open the scanner lid. Keep the alignment page with the print side facing down over the scanner glass, and close the scanner lid.
- Then click “OK” and the printer scans the alignment page, and click “Finish”.
Step 5 : DOWNLOAD AND LAUNCH THE 123.HP.COM SETUP 3050 PRINTER SOFTWARE
- Visit our website, select the printer software and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the latest printer software.
Printing with Wi-Fi Direct from your Android mobile or Tablet.
The procedure for printing with Wi-Fi direct from your Android Mobile or Tablet is described below. To print with Wi-Fi direct, do as per the stepwise instructions are directed below accordingly.
- Install the latest version of HP Print Service Plugin or Mopria Print Service on your Android device.
- Enable Wireless Direct on your printer, and select the Wi-Fi Direct icon to show the Wireless Direct name and password, if your printer contains a control panel.
- Choose the option Automatic, or opt for Manual to accept the print job from the printer, or to acquire a password, if it is prompted to print without a password.
- Access Settings and ensure the Wi-Fi is turned on. Open the document and click the “Print” option. You can also use the share option to transfer the content to print plugin and then print from there.
Steps to be followed if you receive the Cartridges Missing or Ink Cartridges Problem message on your printer’s control panel.
If the Cartridge Missing or the Ink cartridge issue occurs with the printer, follow the step by step instructions that are given below accordingly to troubleshoot the issue quickly.
Step 1 : Check if you are using compatible ink cartridges on your 123.hp.com setup 3050 printer.
- Make sure that original and compatible ink cartridges are installed in your printer.
- If the original ink cartridges are not used for the printer, then replace the ink cartridges with the genuine ink cartridges.
- If the genuine ink cartridges are used for the printer, and the error occurred means, proceed to the next step.
Step 2 : Examine the positioning of the ink cartridges as it might display an error if not installed properly.
- Open the ink cartridge access door, when the carriage remains silent, remove the ink cartridge from its slot.
- Clear if any tape is there on the nozzles of the ink cartridge. Then hold the ink cartridge and gently insert it into its slot properly, and close the ink cartridge access door.
- If the error prevails, proceed to the next step.
Step 3 : Keep the electrical contacts of the ink cartridge clean.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer. Open the ink cartridge access door, remove the ink cartridges and then examine the contacts of the ink cartridge.
- There might be some debris or ink left on the contacts. Use the foam-rubber sponge and the distilled water to clean the electrical contacts.
- After cleaning the contacts, allow them to dry for some time and then place the ink cartridges back to its place properly and close the ink cartridge access door.
- Connect the power cord back to the printer and check if the issue is solved.
Step 4 : Pull out the ink cartridges and replace it in its slot.
- Remove the ink cartridges again from the slot and then reinstall them back to their place properly and check if the issue is resolved.
Step 5 : CLEAN THE ELECTRICAL CONTACTS AGAIN
If the error prevails, try to clean the electrical contacts again and check if the issue is cleared.
Step 6 : Reform the printer.
- If the error is still there, then try to reset the printer which might find a solution. With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the printer and the wall outlet. Wait for 60 seconds and then connect the power cord back to the printer and the wall outlet. The printer turns on automatically and now, check if the error is still there.
Step 7 : Remove the existing ink cartridge and reinsert it with another one.
Try replacing the ink cartridges and check if the issue is resolved.