DESKJET 3515 PRINTER SETUP
HP Deskjet 3515 printer is designed mainly for domestic purpose. It comes at a nominal price which is bundled with a list of features in it. Use the Borderless printing option to print photos without trimming the edges. Due to lightweight, it is portable and can be placed on a desk or shelf too.
Handles up to 60 sheets of paper in the input tray and 25 sheets of paper in the output tray. Using the copy feature, you can copy up to 50 pages and the scan resolution for the printer is 4800*1200 dpi. Using the LCD control panel, it is easy to operate and navigate to the settings easily. The printspeed for black is up to 7.5 papers per minute and for the color, it is 4.5 papers per minute. This high print speed completes your print job in a fast pace.
- The printer supports Windows and Mac operating systems
- The connectivity options are USB and Wireless
- The printer supports various media types from paper to labels
- Consumes less power with this Energy Star Certified printer
- Use the mobile printing solution to print from mobile devices
First time printer Setup
Setting up the printer for the first time is a very difficult process. You can make the task easy by following the steps given below. After setup process, download the driver to start the print job.
Step 1 : Unpack the Deskjet 3515 printer
- Open the box. Take out the setup poster, ink cartridges, user manual, power cable and a software installation CD from it. Remove the printer from the box.
- Keep all the contents aside for future use and place the printer on an even surface. Now, remove all the packing materials in the interior and exterior of it.
Step 2 : Examine the contents and connect the printer
- Verify the list of contents in the box, This may vary based on the country/region. You can see the list on the backside of the box.
- Use the power cable in the shipment box to start the connection process. Connect the cable to the rear of the printer and wall socket. Then, switch on the printer.
Step 3: Install the ink cartridges
- It is suggested to use compatible and genuine ink cartridge for quality printouts. Take the cartridge and remove the black tape on the top of it.
- Grasp both sides of the cartridge and move it into the cartridge slot. Ensure that you have placed it properly. Redo the same procedure for other cartridges.
Step 4: Print an alignment page
- Insert plain sheets of paper into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides against the edges of the paper. Do not bend the edges while adjusting. It may result in a paper jam issue.
- Once the cartridges are installed, the printer automatically prints an alignment page. In case it is not printed, try to print an alignment page manually.
Step 5: Download the driver
- After configuring the printer hardware, install the printer driver using the software installation CD. You can also download it from our website.
- While installing, choose the mode of connection as Wired or Wireless based on the user’s requirements. Select the Finish option to complete the installation.
Printing with Wi-Fi Direct from your mobile device
Wi-Fi Direct is one of the latest methods of connecting a printer and system without connecting to a network or internet. You can use this technology in greater distances and faster speeds.
- Install the latest version of HP Print Service Plugin or Mopria Print Service app in your mobile phone. You can download them from Google Play Store.
- Enable the Wi-Fi Feature on the printer’s control panel. Choose Automatic or Manual option to start the print job.
- In case your choice is Automatic, you are not required to type a password to start the print job. In case you use Manual, you are required to type a password to start printing.
- Select the document or photo you wish to print. Tap Print from the menu.Select the printer’s name from the list. Select the Print option to start printing.
When you are trying to print from the printer, a cartridge missing error message displays on the control panel of the printer. Without fixing the issue, you cannot print from the printer. Solve the issue by using the solutions given below:
Step 1: Use authentic ink cartridges
- Check whether the ink cartridges are compatible and authentic. If not, replace the cartridges that are compatible with the printer model.
- To order or verify the cartridge compatibility, go to HP SureSupply to check it. By following the on-screen instructions to can verify it.
Step 2: Install the cartridges properly
- Check whether the cartridges are inserted properly. To do that, switch off the printer. Lift the ink cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to move to the middle.
- Uninstall the cartridges from their respective slots. Rock the cartridge and then install them back to their positions. In case the issue is not fixed, move to the next step.
Step 3: Reboot the printer
- Switch on the printer. Unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and from the wall socket. After a while, connect the cable back to the printer.
- In case the printer does not turn on automatically, press the power button to switch it on. If the issue still continues, follow the next solution.
Step 4: Clean the electrical contacts on the ink cartridge
- Gather a clean and damp cloth to clean the electrical contacts manually.In certain cases, you can also use an automated tool to clean the cartridge contacts.
- Clean the cartridges one by one.Ensure that you do not leave the cartridge in open air for more than 30 minutes as it may lead to dry the ink.
Step 5: Uninstall and then re-install the cartridges
- In case the issue is not resolved, uninstall the cartridge from its slot and then re-install it back. This can solve the issue.
- You need to clean the electrical contacts and the printhead again using a clean and damp cloth. After that, restart the printer.
Step 6: Replace with a new ink cartridge
- In case you have a faulty ink cartridge or printhead, you can try to replace it with a new one. Examine whether they are under warranty period.
- If so, you can replace it very easily. Even after performing all these steps, the issue continues, call our technical team to fix the issue.