HP DESKJET 3545 SETUP
The HP Deskjet 3545 is an all-in-one printer that is capable of borderless professional quality photos. The quality of the document is comparable to that of a laser printer. Wireless feature allows you to print from mobile phones, be it Android or Apple. HP ePrint allows printing by sending an email.
Specifications and features
- This printer is based on Inkjet printing technology.
- The print speeds are 21 ppm for mono and 17 ppm for color.
- A standard memory of 32 MB keeps your print queue busy.
- Color copy resolutions are 600 x 1200 dpi
- Scanner is a flatbed type with a bit depth of 24-bit
- Input and output tray capacity is 100-sheets and 30-sheets respectively.
- The dimensions are 445 x 334 x 120 mm (WxDxH)
After the printer has arrived at your doorstep, proceed to unbox the device and setting it up for the steps to come. This can be done by following the instructions provided.
- The package is moved to a flat and sturdy surface and its contents are removed from the shipment.
- The accessories and the printer are pulled out of it. USB connector, new cartridges, power cord, user manual and Driver installation CD are the accessories present in the box.
- Remove the tapes present on the printer. Extend the output and input tray. The paper width and paper length guide are extended to their maximum. Load it with genuine HP paper.
- Connect the power cord. Remove the protective tape present under the cartridge and place it in its respective slot.
- Install the driver from the CD provided.
USB Printer setup
One of the connectivity modes of the printer is the USB. By making changes in the driver installation process, your printer can be configured to work in a USB setting.
- Prepare the printer
- Obtain a USB cable of approximately 3 meters in length. Keep your printer turned on.
- Keep the printer in print ready state. Fill the paper tray. Place the ink cartridge in its place. This will prevent unintended interruptions during the print process.
- USB Driver installation
- To the USB port present at the rear of your printer, connect the cable. Another end of this cable is connected to a USB port which is in a working condition on your computer.
- Refrain from using a USB hub. Make direct connection as this will help to avoid unnecessary complications.
- Preparing the printer for USB setup
- Turn on your printer and make sure to keep it in a print ready state. Gather a USB cable of approximately 3 meters in length.
- Connect this cable to your computer and printer.
- Driver installation and connection steps
- From the link provided by us, download the driver software. On the website, enter your printer model and select Mac as your OS version and begin downloading.
- To proceed with the installation process, follow the on-screen instructions. Your network connection mode should be chosen as USB.
- Choose a document from your computer post installation and print it. This can be used to check the connection status.
The driver is the most important software when it comes to a printer. The connection between the computer and the printer can only be established by this software.
- For every printer model, a unique driver software is developed. Download the right driver software for your printer.
- When you are asked to pick the Operating system that is running on your computer, choose Windows.
- The driver file gets downloaded. Double-click this file to commence the installation. For assistance, the following software can be used Install Assistant, HP Smart App, and HP Install Wizard.
- To complete the installation process, follow the on-screen instructions. Add your printer to your printer’s list of recognized devices from its Control Panel.
- Set your printer as the default printer. All files are sent to the default printer. Print a test document for verification.
- A driver is a software that is unique to your printer model. Always choose to download the Full Feature Driver software In the event of it being available.
- Download the driver software from the link our technicians provide. In that web page, select your OS as Mac and choose your printer’s driver.
- Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation process. During this, choose your mode of the network connection between Wireless or USB.
- Select Apple menu from the System Preferences window and then choose Print & Scan.
- select your printer’s name and add it to the list. Print a test document.
Wireless printer setup
This one of the connectivity modes that can be used to connect your printer. In order to connect your printer to a wireless network, certain tweaks need to be made.
- Prepare your printer for installation
- Open the wireless option on your printer’s Control Panel. Your printer will initiate a scan to identify all the available networks in its surroundings. From the list displayed, choose your network. Enter the respective password and connect to this network.
- Download the driver software
- Go to the link provided by our technical personnel to download the driver software. Enter your printer model in the window that appears. after which you have to choose your Operating System as Windows.
- The downloaded driver software is double-clicked to proceed with the installation. HP Install Assistant or HP Installation Wizard can be used to derive help. They provide assistance as and when required.
- Driver software installation
- Choose Wireless as your mode of network connection when prompted during the installation process. This option can only be changed if the software is reinstalled.
- Download the full-feature driver software if available. This contains additional software that will be used with the various printer operations.
- Prepare for driver installation
- The setup is similar to the Windows process mentioned previously. Make sure to connect your computer and printer to the same wireless network.
- Open the Wireless option on your printer to connect it to your network. After a scan, a list of available networks is provided. Choose yours and enter the password and connect to it.
- Download the driver software
- From the link provided by our experts, download the driver software. This is obtained by reaching us out on our toll-free. On the web page, enter your printer model and select the Full-feature driver. They contain all the required printer related software.
- Click the download button after choosing the operating system as Mac. The file is present in a .dmg format and is designed to be easily recognized by your computer.
- Software installation process
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver software. Choose wireless as your mode of network connection. Print a document to verify the connection status.
Printing on both sides of the paper
The ability of the printer to print on both sides is termed Duplexing. Your printer supports automatic duplexing and this is possible with the help of an ADF.
- Make sure to load sufficient paper in the input tray to avoid interrupting the printing process.
- Pick a document to print and in the photo viewer, open File and click Print.
- From a list, choose your printer and open Printer Properties. Choose Print on Both Sides option, if you find a Printing Shortcut tab.
- If it is not present, go to the Print Preferences and choose the Print on both sides option.
- Click Print.
- Load your input tray with paper. Open any document and choose Print.
- Select the Show Details button and search for the Two-Sided selection box.
- In the Paper Handling menu, select Odd Only from Pages to Print option.
- Choose rear loading. After which you have to choose between Booklet style and Tablet style.
- Open Print Menu and from the Pages to Print option, select Even Only.
- Choose Automatic and click Print from the Page Order.
Google cloud print
This is a feature of Google that allows you to print directly from its Cloud storage. The documents can be directly printed without having to be downloaded. Your printer can also be controlled likewise.
- Switch on your printer and ensure it is print ready. Insert the cartridge and load the paper tray.
- Connect the printer and the computer to the same wireless network.
- Open your Chrome browser on your computer, and sign in to your Google account.
- Type chrome:\\devices in the address bar and hit Enter key. This will facilitate Google to detect any printers present on your network.
- Click My Devices. If your printer is found under it, click Manage to view your device as it has already been registered with Google. Similar to a wireless network setup, Print a document from Cloud for verification.
Printer does not print after windows 10 upgrade
Upgrading the operating system of your computer would require upgrading all the software that has been installed on your computer. This is to prepare the software so that it runs flawlessly on the new OS.
- Keep your printer turned on during the entire process.
- Make sure the ink cartridges have sufficient ink in them. The paper trays are loaded with paper to prevent it from interrupting the process.
- The reason your printer doesn’t print after upgrading your computer’s OS is the fact that the driver that is running on your computer is outdated.
- This issue can be fixed by updating your driver software. Check for the latest driver software from the link given by our technicians.
- If there is no driver software, uninstall the existing driver. This is done by going to the Control Panel and selecting your HP printer driver to click the uninstall button.
- Download and install the latest driver software.