DESKJET 3636 PRINTER SETUP
The Deskjet 3636 e-All-in-one printer has a slim and sleek structure. It is an ideal option for home use, designed to fit tight spaces. It is inexpensive and wallet-friendly. It is easy to carry the printer, as it weighs less. It is easy to setup and maintain. It has low running cost and delivers high-quality prints.
- It is a multi-function printer that can print, scan and copy.
- This printer has an automatic paper sensor.
- It supports wireless direct and various mobile printing options.
- It has a 7 segment LCD display with icons that is easy to operate.
- The technology used for printing is HP Thermal Inkjet.
- It has a fast print speed and supports a wide range of media sizes.
- The ink palette supports four ink colors.
- It conserves energy as it is Energy Star certified printer.
- The monthly duty cycle is 1000 pages and the recommended monthly page volume is 100 – 250 pages.
- The maximum print resolution is up to 1200 x 1200 dpi (mono) and 4800 x 1200 dpi (color).
- The media type supported by this model are envelopes, photo paper and plain paper.
- The input tray capacity is 25 sheets and the output tray capacity is 60 sheets.
123.hp.com setup 3636 Printer – Unbox Printer for the First Time
Slice the tape that is holding the package together and open the box. Use the handles on the printer bag and pull out the printer. Set it on a flat surface and remove the Styrofoam end caps. Remove the packing material from the printer and on the touch panel. You can recycle these waste materials.
- Remove the tape holding the input tray in place. Lift the scanner lid and remove the styrofoam sheet from the scanner bed. Close the scanner unit. Plug one end of the power cord into the back of the printer. Connect the other end to an AC outlet.
- Make your printer is placed on a stable, even surface and then push the Power button. Try to configure the initial printer settings. You can select your location, preferred language, date and time from the settings. Your printer will now prompt you to install the cartridges.
- Grab the cartridges to install them in the cartridge holder. Unwrap them and remove the tape that is covering the contacts. Lift the ink cartridge door and insert the cartridges into their respective slots. Pull out the input tray and slide the paper width guide out.
- Load paper and then adjust the paper width guides. The printer will calibrate and an alignment page will be printed. An alignment is necessary to complete setting up your printer. Scan the alignment page to complete the printer installation.
Wireless Printer Setup
Set up your printer to a wireless network and then install the printer driver. When prompted during the installation, choose Wireless as the connection type. Make note of the network name and password.
Wireless Printer Setup for Windows
- The WPA key or wireless network password is required to connect a computer and printer to your wireless network. You can find the password on the label stuck beneath the router. If you are unable to find the password on your router, you can obtain it from the documents provided to you by your ISP.
- Select the Settings option on your printer’s control panel. Click Wireless and then choose Wireless Setup Wizard. Your printer will search for the available networks within range. Select your wireless network’s name from the list of available networks and then enter the password.
- Your printer will now be connected to the wireless network. Connect your computer to the same network. Open a document you want to print and click the File option. Select the Print option and a list of printers will be displayed. Choose your printer’s name from the list and then click Print.
Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
- On your printer’s control panel, select and open the Setup menu. Choose Wireless Setup Wizard from the menu and then your printer will search for the available networks. Choose your wireless network’s name from the list and enter the WPA key. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer.
- On your Mac, open the Apple menu and choose System Preferences. Select Printers & Scanners and check if your printer’s name is displayed in the list. If it is not displayed, then click Add Printer or Scanner to add your printer’s name. If it is prompted to install the driver software, click Download and Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the driver installation. Choose the connectivity option as Wireless and proceed to the next step. Reboot your system after the installation and connect your Mac to the same wireless network. Try to print a sample document to check the connectivity.
You can install the printer driver using the installation CD or download the same from our website. Make sure you configure the updated driver software that suits your printer model.
- Make sure that your computer is set to automatically download the printer driver. Open Change device Installation Settings, click Automatically Download the Driver and then select Save Changes. Connect your computer and printer with a USB cable or via your wireless network.
- Select the printer’s connection type during the driver installation. Click Windows Add a Printer Wizard to install the built-in printer driver. For Windows, the file type will be in .exe format. Make sure that you are installing the latest version of the driver for better performance. After installing the driver, try to print a sample document to check the printer’s performance.
- Apple’s automatic updates can be used to configure the updated driver software on your Mac device. Choose the Apple menu and then select System Preferences. Choose Print & Scan or Printer & Scanners. Check if your printer’s name is displayed in the Printers list. If your printer is not listed in the list of results, then add your printer to the list.
- If you want to install the software then download the same from our website. The file format will be .dmg. Close the System Preferences window. Make sure all the features of the software are installed. It is recommended to set the Installation Type as Easy Install. You can print a test document to check the printer’s performance.
Duplex printing is a feature that is designed to save time and resources (paper). You can use this feature when you want to print a document on both sides of the page.
- Open HP Solution center on your computer. Select the Duplex Printing checkbox on the Main tab. This will allow you to print on both sides of the paper. Click the Auto checkbox if it is not selected. This will automatically enable duplex printing.
- If you want to manually print your double-sided print job, then uncheck the Auto checkbox. You can do this by printing one side and flipping the sheet over to print the other side. Select the Settings button and choose the double-sided printing options you want to use.
- Open the document you want to print, click File and then select the Print option. Choose the two-Sided option and then click the Print Density button. Choose the type of document you are printing as the Document Type setting.
- The software will automatically set the Adjustment options for that file type. Return to the main tab and print a check page of your double-sided document to test the modified settings.
Scan using HP Solution Center Software
You will be able to scan using the HP Solution Center and your printer’s operation panel. There are other applications that can be used to execute a scan job.
- Open the scanner lid and place the document on the scanner bed. The HP Scan window will open when you select Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose the file type and the location you want to save your scanned document. Click Show Scan Preview to preview and make edits, if required.
- Choose Advanced Settings to change the quality and default scan destination folder. Click Scan and your printer will scan the document.
Following the steps provided in the user manual will help you understand the solution for printer issues easily. It will have the problem-solving procedures and other important notes that will help you understand the exact issue.
- Turn on the printer and check the estimated ink level. Open the ink cartridge access door and wait until the carriage stops moving and becomes silent before you proceed. Remove the cartridges from their slots and inspect the contacts for any protective tape that still might be on the nozzles. Use the pull tab and remove the tape from the contacts.
- Wipe the copper contacts on the cartridge and inside the cartridge holder with a dry swab until no debris remains on them. Make sure there is no damaged cartridge or printhead, as they can be replaced if they fall under the warranty period. Remove the cartridge which is defective and replace it with a new cartridge.
- Make sure that the new cartridge is replaced immediately. Otherwise, the printhead may dry out. Reinstall the cartridge into the cartridge holder and close the cartridge holder. Disconnect the power cord from the printer and wall outlet. Wait for a few seconds and reconnect the power cord to the printer and wall outlet. Turn on the printer and try to print an alignment page.