DESKJET 3700 PRINTER SETUP
HP Deskjet 3700, an e-All-in-one printer is designed with a slim and sleek structure that includes features such as print, scan and copy. You can print documents or photos easily from this multifunctional printer.
- The AIO printer supports mobile printing solutions such as Air Print, ePrint and Mopria Print.
- The compatible operating systems for the printer are Mac, Windows and Linux.
- The printer supports manual duplex printing.
- The scanner type is a single-page document feeder.
- Save resources without affecting your printer performance with this AIO printer.
- The printer has an input tray with a capacity up to 60 sheets and an output tray with a capacity up to 25 sheets.
- It has a duty cycle up to 1000 pages per month.
- The print speed for monochrome is up to 8 ppm and for color is up to 5.5 ppm.
123.hp.com setup 3700 Printer – Unbox Printer for the First Time
- Look at the back of the box for a list of items as the contents may vary by country/region.
- Take out the printer from the box and then discard all the plastic wrap from the top of the printer.
- Connect the printer to a wall outlet and then power on the printer.
- Make sure that you install the ink cartridges that came in the box with your HP printer.
- Now, open the ink cartridge access door. You may notice that the carriage positions to the center of the printer.
- Take out the new ink cartridge from its package and then discard the plastic tape from the cartridge.
- Carefully place the ink cartridge into its slot and then push the ink cartridge until it snaps into place.
- Close the ink cartridge access door and then load up to 60 sheets of plain white paper into the input tray.
- After inserting paper, ensure that you select the correct paper size and paper type settings when printing or copying.
Wireless Printer Setup
Are you looking for steps to setup your HP printer on a Wi-Fi network? Note that you simply need to connect the printer to the wireless network and then install the printer driver and software. Follow the steps given below.
Wireless Printer Setup for Windows
Step 1 : Preparing for the installation
- Prior to connecting your Deskjet printer to the wireless network, collect the network name and security passphrase.
- Ensure that your printer and system are on and also check if they are connected to the same network.
Step 2: Connecting the Deskjet printer to the wireless network
- Press the power button to turn on the printer, then on the control panel, select the Wireless icon and then click the button next to Settings.
- To scroll to the Wireless Setup Wizard option, make sure that you press the down arrow and then click OK.
Step 3 : Configuring the software on your printer
- Once you finish checking the name of your network, click OK. Now, type the exact uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters for the password when prompted.
- Make sure that you click Done, then press OK and then download and install the current version of the driver for your printer.
Wireless Printer Setup for Mac
Step 1 : Making arrangement for the printer installation
- Get the network name and security passphrase before setting up your Deskjet printer on the wireless network.
- Ensure that your printer and system are on and also verify if they are connected to the same network.
Step 2: Connecting the printer to the Network
- Power on the printer, then on the panel, then click Wireless icon and then select the button next to Settings.
- Now, ensure that you press the down arrow to scroll to the Wireless Setup Wizard option and then click OK.
Step 3 : Downloading the printer software
- The foremost step is to choose your printer model and then download and install the current version of your full feature software.
- In the HP Utility Setup window, make sure that you follow the instructions to complete the printer setup and then select the Done option.
Download the updated printer driver that is saved in the Downloads folder and then install it from the Downloads folder by following the prompts below.
Step 1 : Downloading the updated printer driver for Windows Operating System
A full feature printer driver download or the 123.hp.com setup 3700 Easy Start guided installation app may be available on the download page based on your printer model and the Operating System version.
- You can go through the guidelines to download the updated printer driver from our website.
- When you complete downloading the printer driver, move on to the next step to install the printer driver for your printer model.
- Ensure that the system has an Internet connection and then attempt to download again if the HP Easy Start app gets started but fails to download the printer driver.
Step 2 : Installing the downloaded Printer Driver
- Choose the connection type as USB or Wireless.
- To commence with the installation process, access the download folder and then begin with HP Easy Start file or the updated printer driver .exe folder.
- When prompted, click the Add printer option to generate a print queue on your device.
Step 1 : Download the updated printer driver
You may notice that for your 123.hp.com setup 3700 printer and the operating system version, a full-featured printer driver download or the HP Easy Start guided installation application is available on the download page.
- Make sure that you download the printer driver.
- If the HP Easy Start application opens but if you are unable to download the printer driver, make sure that the system has an active Internet connection and then attempt to download again.
- Go to our website, then select Software and Driver Downloads and then type the model number of your HP printer.
Step 2 : Install the upgraded printer driver
- If you are prompted to select a connection type at the time of the installation process, select USB or Wireless option.
- To commence with the installation process, access the download folder and then begin the HP Easy Start file or updated printer driver .dmg folder.
- Now, select the Add Printer option to commence with a print queue in your system.
The prompts given below may help you to modify settings in the driver and flip the pages based on your printer type. Note that you can use the duplexing settings in the print driver to print on both sides of the page.
- To avoid page ordering issues, make sure that you load enough blank paper into the input tray.
- Now, open the document that you want to print, then click File and then select the Print option.
- After selecting your printer model, ensure that you click Printer Properties, Preferences or Printer Setup based on what displays.
- If a Printing shortcuts tab is available, make sure that you select the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided (Duplex) Printing option.
- If a Printing Shortcut tab or a duplexing shortcut is not available, ensure that you click the Layout, Features or Finishing tab based on the tab that displays in your driver version.
- Make sure that you load the stack and then click Continue.
- To avoid page ordering issues, ensure that you mount enough blank paper into the input tray.
- Now, open the document you want to print, then select File –>Print –> Show Details.
- Search for a Two-Sided selection box. If the Two-Sided option is available, it denotes that your printer supports automatic duplexing.
- Now, select the checkbox next to Two-Sided and then click Layout from the unnamed menu at the center of the window.
- Before you proceed, make sure that you know your printer type.
- Now, click Paper Handling option from the unnamed menu at the center of the window and then select Odd Only from the Pages to Print menu.
- Select Print. Make sure that you remove any remaining unprinted paper from the input tray.
Scan using HP Solution Center
To easily start scan jobs from the system and change size, color and quality settings, use HP Solution Center. Go through the prompts provided below.
- The foremost step is to search Windows for solution center. If HP Solution Center displays, make sure that you click it to open the software.
- If HP Solution Center does not display, ensure that you download the full feature driver.
- Note that if a full feature driver does not display, it indicates that the printer does not support HP Solution Center software.
- Make sure that you select another scanning option from the overview table that supports basic drivers.
- Now, select Scan Document or Scan Picture to view available scan shortcuts and settings.
- Make sure that you click one of the shortcuts that match the file type and resulting action you want.
- Modify any of the shortcut default settings, then click Save to file and then click Finish.
Alignment issues may occur in certain cases. You may notice an error message on the control panel. Follow the steps below to fix the issue.
Step 1 : Understanding printer alignment messages
- When you view any message to use clean white paper, make sure that you insert unused, clean white paper and then retry alignment.
- Sometimes, you may see instructions on the alignment page to place the page on the scanner bed and press Scan.
- If you cannot resolve an Alignment Unsuccessful message and you see a Skip button, ensure that you choose to continue printing without alignment.
Step 2 : Resetting the printer and using genuine HP cartridges
- Turn off the printer and then turn it on again to resolve an Alignment failed error message.
- Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to reset the printer. If the issue still persists, check if you have installed genuine HP ink cartridges.
Step 3 : Evaluating the alignment page and checking ink levels
- Make sure that you examine the alignment page to check if the printer is properly aligned.
- If you find that the printer prints an alignment page, but the printed page is blank or has very little ink, proceed to the next step.
- Make sure that you check the ink levels to determine if any ink cartridges are critically low or empty.
- If the issue still persists, use an automated tool to clean the printhead based on the printer model and the software you are using.
- If you have tried all the preceding steps and the alignment error still persists, replace the printhead or ink cartridge.