123.HP.COM SETUP 3722 PRINTER
Use a compact and wireless printer that is designed to fit on a desk or shelf. With the easy setup process, print straight from the mobile device. Without any compromise in the performance of the printer, print, scan and copy from this printer. Get the printer at a very nominal price. All these features are not found in the printer of this size and price.
- Connection option includes USB and Wireless
- Without connecting to a network, print from the printer using the Wi-Fi Direct feature
- Save up to 50% ink with the help of HP Instant Ink feature
- Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- The print speed for black is 8 papers per minute and for color is 5.5 papers per minute
- The input tray can handle up to 60 sheets and output tray can handle up to 25 sheets
- Save the energy resources up to 70% using this Energy Certified printer
123.hp.com setup 3722 Printer – Unbox Printer for the First Time
Once you buy an HP Deskjet 3722 printer, you need to set up the printer for the first time. Without configuring the printer’s hardware, you will not be able to do any functions from the printer. Prior to starting the setup process, examine the list of contents in the box as it may vary by country/region. Now, start the process by following the steps below
- Open the box. Take out the printer from the box. Remove all the packing materials from the interior and exterior of it.
- The packing is done to avoid the damage to the device at the time of transportation. Remove all the blue tapes from the printer.
- Use the power cord to begin the connection process. Plug in one end of the cable to the printer’s rear and the other end of the cable to the wall socket.
- Press the power button to switch on the Deskjet 3722 printer. Take out the ink cartridges from the printer’s package. Install them into their corresponding slots.
- Prior to installing, make sure that you remove the protective tape that is present in the top of the cartridge. This is done to avoid cartridge issue.
- Feed plain papers into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides against the edges of the paper. Now, the alignment page starts to print automatically.
For a wireless connection to get established, you need to gather the network name and password. Install the driver on our website to complete the process. Follow the steps below to start the process.
Step 1 : Organize the requirements
- Switch on the devices. Connect the printer and the system to the same wireless network. Place both devices close to a wireless router to get maximum signal strength.
- Do not keep any metal objects close to the wireless router. Ensure that the printer should not be connected to any guest network.
Step 2 : Start the connection process
- Do not disconnect the USB cable from the printer in the middle of the installation process. Get the credentials for the connection process.
- Under the Network Settings option, select Wireless Setup Wizard to display the list of wireless networks available in the surroundings.
Step 3: Follow the procedures
- Choose your network name from the list. It is suggested to use a unique network name to avoid confusion with the other networks.
- Type the password when the installer prompts. Once the printer is connected to a network, the wireless light on the control panel remains stable.
Step1: Meet the requirements
- Power on all devices such as the printer, the system and the router. Obtain the network name and password for the connection process.
- Get the password from the router’s bottom side or from the documentation of the Internet Service Provider. Do not connect the printer to a guest network.
Step 2: Begin the connection process
- Make sure that the printer and the system are connected to the same network. Keep both devices near the router to get the maximum signal strength.
- In case the signal strength is weak, keep the metal objects near the router to a far-off place. Unplug the USB cable from the printer prior to the installation process.
Step 3: Customize the settings option
- On the control panel of the printer, select the Wireless Setup Wizard option under Network settings. After clicking the option, the list of wireless network displays.
- Select the network name from the list. Enter the password to start the connection process. Once connected, the wireless light on the control panel remains stable.
If you wish to print a document that is stored in the system, then the driver needs to communicate between the printer and system to start the job. To do that, install the driver in the system. Follow the steps below for the software installation.
Step 1: Download the printer driver
- Get the software installation CD from the printer’s shipment box. Place it on the computer’s disc drive. You can view the list of files on the screen.
- Select the setup file from the list. For a Windows system, the setup file format is .exe. After clicking it, the file starts to install automatically.
- Agree to the terms and conditions. Choose the connection type based on the user’s requirements. Select the Finish option to complete the process.
Step 2: Install the printer driver
- In case you are unable to install using the software installation CD, download the driver from our website. Download it by typing the required information in the search bar.
- A list of drivers gets displayed on the screen. Select your suitable driver based on the operating system version and printer model.
- After downloading it, install using the on-screen prompts. Select the Finish option to complete the installation process.
Step 1: Install the driver using the CD
- Take out the CD from the printer’s shipment box. Use the CD to install the printer driver in the system. Ensure that the CD is scratch -free.
- Place the CD into the computer’s disc drive. View the list of files in the CD. Double-click the setup file to complete the installation process. The setup file is in .dmg format.
- Once the file is installed, select the mode of connection based on the printer’s features. Finish the installation process using the on-screen prompts.
Step 2: Install the driver from our website
- In case the CD is not available in the printer’s shipment box, move to our website to download the printer driver and software.
- Type the required information in the search box. A list of drivers gets displayed. Select the Download option to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is completed, include the name of the printer to the list of available devices by selecting the Add option. Then, try to print from the printer.
Duplex Printing is one of the best feature available in this printer. Using this feature, you can save the paper cost and time. Follow the steps below to start the printing process.
- Insert sufficient paper into the input tray. Open the document or photo that you intend to print. Press Ctrl and P key simultaneously to open the Print dialog box.
- On the Print dialog box, select the printer’s name from the list of available printers in the drop-down list. Select Printer Properties or Preferences based on the OS version.
- Press the Shortcut tab or layout tab. Choose the Two-sided printing or Print on Both Sides option. You can choose the orientation based on the user’s requirement.
- Based on the readability, choose the Flip on Short edge or Flip on Long edge option. Then, select the Print option to start printing.
- Switch on the printer and the system.Ensure that the printer is connected to the system using a USB cable. Select the System Preferences option under the Apple menu.
- Choose Print and Scan, Print and Fax option based on the OS version to access the print queue. From the print queue, choose your printer’s name.
- Select the Options and Supplies option. Under the Options tab, tick the checkbox adjacent to Two-sided Printing option.
- Make the necessary changes in the print job and then save them as a preset for the future print jobs. After making necessary changes, start the print job.
Scan using HP Solution Center
There are many software and applications that are compatible with the OS and printer model with the scanning process. One such software is HP Solution Center. Follow the steps below to scan using the software.
- Make use of HP Solution Center to begin the scan jobs from the system. In Windows, type the HP Solution Center on the search tab.
- Select the HP Solution Center from the search tab. In case it is not displayed, install the full feature driver contains the HP Solution Center in it.
- After installation, open the software. Place the document or photo on the scanner glass. Select the Scan document to see available scan settings.
- Make the required scan settings. After the scan settings, press Scan. View the scan preview. Now, the printer starts the scan job.
When you try to print from the printer, the printer suddenly displays Alignment unsuccessful error message on the control panel. To fix the issue, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Restart the printer
- With the printer switched on, unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and wall socket. Wait a minute and then connect the cable back. Now, switch on the printer again.
Step 2: Utilize the ink cartridges
- In case the ink cartridge is not compatible, you may face this issue. So, it is advised to use genuine and compatible ink cartridges for this printer model
Step 3: Examine the alignment page
- In case you view solid patterns on the alignment page, you can call our customer support team to solve the issue. For faded ink, examine the ink level.
Step 4: Verify the ink levels
- Verify whether the ink level is low or empty. In case the ink level is critically low, substitute the ink cartridge with a new one to fix the issue.
Step 5: Wipe the printhead and ink cartridge
- Use an automated tool to clean the printhead. You can also use a clean and damp cloth to clean the ink cartridge and printhead manually.
Step 6: Replace the printhead or ink cartridge
- In case there is any issue or problem with the printhead or ink cartridge, you need to replace it with a new one .