DESKJET 3777 PRINTER SETUP
These days, all-in-one printers are designed to be bulky units and they lack a cohesive design. The DeskJet Ink Advantage 3775 has come to your rescue with an intriguing design and compact frame. It is an ideal solution for all your printing and scanning needs. It has impressive features and a low purchase price. The maintenance cost of this printer is affordable and the cartridges last long. It is easy to setup and will be a perfect choice for personal use.
- The three companion apps make wireless printing a hassle-free affair.
- It has a stylish design and vibrant color schemes.
- It is small in size and can perform all the essential tasks in a jiffy.
- It has impressive connectivity features and paper size options.
- The scanned documents turn out to be sharp and vibrant.
- The maximum print speed is up to 8 ppm (black) and 5.5 ppm (color).
- The monthly duty cycle is up to 1000 pages.
- The recommended monthly page volume is 50 to 200 sheets.
- It can be connected to Wi-Fi and USB interface.
- The input tray capacity is 60 sheets and the output tray capacity is 25 sheets.
First-time printer setup
Inside the printer package, you will find a set of ink cartridges, power cord, driver setup CD and user manual. Remove the printer from the box and discard the Styrofoam end caps one at a time.
- Slide the printer out of the plastic bag, remove the packing material from the device. Remove the plastic sheet from the scanner glass and close the scanner unit. Remove the tape from the paper input and output trays.
- Make sure all packing materials have been removed from inside the printer and then connect the power cable. Connect one end of the power cable into the rear of the printer and plug the other end into a wall outlet. Press the Power button to turn on your printer.
- On your printer’s control panel, select your preferred language, choose your country and then save the changes. Open the cartridge access door. Remove the tri-color cartridge from its package and insert it into the left slot.
- Remove the black cartridge from its package and insert it into the right slot. Load paper in the input tray and then adjust the paper width guides. The printer will calibrate and an alignment page will be printed. To complete the setup, scan the alignment page.
Wireless printer setup
On your computer, search for Network Connections. In the Network Connections window, right-click on the name of your network and check its status. Open Wireless Properties to obtain the network’s password.
- The router provided by your ISP will have a label on the bottom of the device. This label will contain the WPA password or WPA key security passphrase. The network name and password can be obtained from the manuals supplied by your Internet Service Provider.
- To locate the wireless network password on your Mac, open the Keychain Access application. In the menu bar, select the Utilities option. Open the Keychain Access application and select the Local Items option. Click on your wireless network name and then enable the Show Password checkbox.
- On your printer’s control panel, select the Wireless icon and then click the Settings option. Select Wireless Setup Wizard and then click OK. Your printer will search for and provide a list of accessible networks. Choose the name of your network and click OK.
- If your network name is not provided in the list, then manually enter it. Select Enter New Network Name and then click OK. After you complete typing the network name, click Done. The printer will now try to connect to your network.
- Turn on your router and computer. Make sure your computer and printer are connected to the same network. Note down the network name and password that is required to configure your printer over the wireless network.
- Disconnect the USB that is connected to the printer. Select the Wireless option from your printer’s control panel. On the Wireless Summary screen, select Settings and then choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up a wireless network connection for your printer. Print the wireless test report which displays information about the printer status and MAC address. Select the Wireless option from the printer’s control panel.
- Go to Settings and click Wireless Test Report. Turn on Wi-Fi on your computer. Choose the Wi-Fi Direct name and select your printer’s name in the list of printers. Print a sample document to check the network connectivity and to analyze the performance of your printer.
You can install the driver software for your printer using the Installation CD that was provided with your printer package. You can start printing only after installing the driver software.
- If the USB cable is connected to your printer, then disconnect it. On your computer, search for Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers window will open. Click Add a Printer. In the Add Printer window, click Add a Local Printer.
- In the Choose a Printer Port screen, select Use an Existing Port. Click the Use an Existing Port drop-down list, choose the printer port and then click Next. In the Install the Printer Driver window, choose HP as the manufacturer.
- Under Printers, select the compatible driver for your printer. After selecting the printer, click Next. In the Type a Printer Name window, the Printer Name text box will display the name of the printer you had selected.
- If you want, you can choose a different name. The Printer Sharing screen will open when the installation is complete. Now, a screen will open, stating that the driver software is added successfully. Try to print a test page.
- Press the Power button to turn on your printer. Make sure the device is in a ready state and there are no error messages displayed on the touch panel. Connect the USB cable to the USB port of the printer and then connect the other end to the Mac computer.
- Click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences. Under the Hardware section, choose the Printers and Scanners option. If your printer is not listed, then click the plus sign. Click Add Printer or Scanner and then click the Use box to select the name of your printer.
- Click Add to add your printer to the list of devices. If you are prompted to install the driver software from Apple, click Download and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- After the installation, verify that your printer is displayed on the list. Open System Preferences and choose Printers and Scanners. Your printer will be displayed in the list of printers.
- Open the document you want to print. Click the Print icon and choose your printer’s name in the list of printers. If required, modify the settings and click Print.
Load the main paper tray with enough blank paper to fully complete your print job. Open the photo that you want to print and click the File menu. Click Print and select the name of your printer.
- In the Print Options window, click Printer Setup. The Document Properties window will open. In the Printing Shortcuts tab, select Print on Both Sides or Duplex printing.
- Unload the first side printed pages from the output tray, then load these printed first side pages into the input paper tray. The HP software will display a pop-up on your computer with instructions on how to reload the paper in the input tray.
- Open the image you want to print, click File and then click Print. Select the checkbox next to the Two-Sided or Duplex Printing option. Choose Short or Long-Edge Binding from the Two-sided pop-up menu.
- Choose Paper Handling from the menu found at the center of the window and then select the Odd Only option from the Pages to Print menu. Click Print and the document will be printed.
Scan using HP Solution Center
Make sure your printer and computer are turned on and the full feature driver is installed on your system. Your printer and computer should be connected via a USB or Wireless connection.
- Turn on your devices. Connect your printer and computer via a USB or Wireless connection. Open the scanner lid and place the image you want to scan on the scanner glass. The print side should face down on the scanner bed. Make sure the image is placed according to the inscribed guides around the glass.
- Close the scanner lid and check if there is a pop-up on your system. You will be able to scan the image from HP Solution Center. Click the Scan icon and select the scan settings. If required, alter the settings and preview the document. Click Scan again and the document will be scanned.
Whether it is a connection problem, cartridge issue or paper jam, proper steps have to be followed to resolve the issue. You can also make use of our instruction guide to resolve your printer problem.
- Turn on your printer and open the cartridge access door. Wait for the carriage to move to the center of the printer and then uninstall all the cartridges. Reinstall the cartridges into their appropriate slots.
- Make sure that the cartridge is held in such a way that the copper strips on the bottom are facing the printer. Insert the tri-color cartridge on the left side of the holder.
- The black ink cartridge should be placed on the right side of the holder. Close the cartridge access door and open HP Solution Center on your computer.
- Select Settings and then click Printer Toolbox. The Printer Toolbox dialog box will appear. Choose the Align the Print Cartridge option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can also execute the alignment task from your printer’s control panel. This will align the ink cartridges and if there is an error, the user will be notified.