123.HP.COM SETUP 3830 PRINTER
Features and Specifications
Chief tasks of this 123.hp.com setup 3830 color inkjet printer: scan, fax, copy, wireless printing, AirPrint, and touchscreen. It is enabled with Instant Ink so that at no occasion there is a question of running out of ink. Print from wherever using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, effortlessly print from your iPhone or iPad through AirPrint, print even devoid of a network using Wireless Direct printing.
- Print laser-quality booklets and lab-quality photos from your smartphone or tablet.
- Reasonable home printing with savings up to 50% on Ink with HP Instant Ink: well-organized by your printer and brought to your door before you run out (elective payment necessary).
- Economical cost.
- Easy installation.
- Best quality photo prints.
- Limited paper capacity.
- Ethernet port unavailable.
- Fragile feel.
Though it’s not ideal for office needs, the task of the 123.hp.com setup 3830 printer is suitable for printing home needs.
123.hp.com setup 3830 WIRELESS SETUP FOR WINDOWS AND MAC
Link the printer to the network and install the software on the computer in order to print or scan. The below guidelines will guide you through the process of setting up the printer on the wireless network.
Step 1: Organize for installation
Collect the network name and password before installing the printer on your wireless network and ensure that the router, printer, and computer are switched on.
- Collect the following items:
- You are required to know the network name and password.
- Make sure the computer is connected to the wireless network.
- Make use of broadband services.
- The Wireless – capable printer must be kept close to the computer during the installation process
- Ensure that the three components- router, printer, and computer are switched on and the computer and printer must be connected to the same wireless network.
- Detach any USB cable that is linked to the printer.
- Follow the below steps to change to a wireless network from a USB Connection.
- Search for the HP folder in the list of installed programs and click the folder for your 123.hp.com setup 3830 printer and click the name of your printer.
- Tap on Utilities, and then Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- Tap on Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer
Step 2: Link to the wireless network
- Switch on your 123 HP Officejet 3830 printer.
- Click on the wireless icon on the control panel of the printer.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click on the wireless setup wizard and follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
Step 3: Download and configure the printer software
Switch on your 123.hp.com setup 3830 printer.
Faxing is the procedure of using a fax machine or fax capable printer to scan a document and then send a copy of that document via a landline (telephone) connection to another fax-capable device. The fax machine then prints out the recognized document.
Scan delivers a soft copy of documents or photos. In other words, it is a digital copy which can be saved on your computer in the target folder and can be mentioned for later purpose. The suitable app is essential to scan a document.
Copy is one of the attractive features which let you take a number of copies of the documents or photos which you want. Mount the documents or photos whose copies is to be taken on the scanner glass and go with the selection that relates to copy feature.
FAXING A DOCUMENT
Step 1: Necessities
Ensure the following task is completed before you set up the fax.
- An active telephone landline and ink cartridges are required.
- Mount white paper in the input tray.
- If telephone cord and the adapter are provided in the box, take it off.
Step 2: Installing a fax connection
- Eliminate the yellow plug from the port labeled 2-EXT on the back of the printer.
- Release your answering machine phone cord from the phone socket, and then link the answering machine phone cord to the port labeled 2-EXT on the back of the printer.
- Connect one end of the phone cord that came in the box with the printer to the phone jack, and then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the back of the printer.
- Click on Fax from the control panel of the printer.
- Click on Setup Wizard to install your 123.hp.com setup 3830 printer for faxing.
Step 3: Choose your basic fax settings
The default fax settings that is on your HP Oj3830 printer might be all you need to send and receive faxes. To review the basic fax settings and make any adjustments go to the next step.
Step 4: Install a fax test
- Click on fax from the control panel of the printer.
- Scroll up on the display, click on Setup, and then tap Tools.
- Click Test Fax.
- Evaluate the Fax Test Report.
COPYING A DOCUMENTStep 1: Mount the original document or photo
- Switch on the printer.
- Mount the original document or photo on the scanner glass or ADF.
- Click on copy icon from the control panel of the printer.
- Scroll to the desired number of copies, or tap the keypad icon, and then input a number.
- Click on the Settings icon, and then stipulate desired advanced copy settings:
- Tray and Paper: Ensure that the input tray is loaded with paper.
- Resize: Ensure the size of the image fit to the page and custom it by increasing or decreasing the image. The brightness of the image can be adjusted by just one click on touch OK.
- To return to the copy screen click on OK.
- To start the copy job click on Start black or start color.
SCANNING A DOCUMENT – HP OFFICEJET 3830 PRINTER
Scanning From the Control Panel
Step 1: Mount the photo or document into your printer.
- Ensure the printer software is installed and the printer is switched on and connected to the PC through a wireless or USB cable before scanning.
- Switch on the power button of the printer.
- Mount the photo or document onto the scanner glass or ADF.
Step 2: Follow this step to scan the document or photo
- Click scan on the control panel of the printer.
- Click on the name of the computer that you want to save the scan to.
- Click on OK.
Switch on the Enable Scan to Computer function if the printer does not have a scan button.
- Click on finder and go to the top menu bar to click applications and then double click on HP folder and then HP utility.
- Tap All Settings, click Scan to Computer, then select Enable Scan to Computer.
- On the control panel of the printer, scroll to the scan menu or icon, then choose your computer name.
A folder displays on the Mac where the scanned file has been saved.
Scanning from the Computer (Mac)
- Download and install from the App Store.
- Mount the document on the scanner glass and close the scanner lid.
- From the drop down menu, choose 123.hp.com setup 3830 easy scan.
- From the presets menu select scan type and click on scan.
- Tap on Edit to alter colors, straighten the scan, or crop the size.
- To save your scans to a folder on the Mac, click Send and then click Folder and to save scan from the windows click on where menu.
Scanning from the Computer (Windows)
- Mount the document or photo that you want to scan on the scanner glass, or load it into the automatic document feeder (ADF) if your 123.HP.Com Officejet 3830 printer is compatible with both.
- Click on Scan app in the list of results and if does not display click on windows scan from the app store.
- Tap on Show more to alter settings such as Color mode, Resolution, and where to save the file.
- Tap on Scan.