The HP Officejet 3833 is the best when it comes to running an office-home printer. All your office needs can be taken care of by the print, scan, and copy functionality of the printer. With a price tag that as cheap as the HP Officejet 3833, this is the most economically viable option. USB and wireless connectivity are the networking options. Mobile printing becomes possible with the availability of wireless connectivity. Borderless printing makes the printed photos look stunning. Fitted with the specifications of a standard home printer, this device costs a mere 13 cents to print a color photo.
List of Printer issues:
- Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup for Mac OS
- USB Scanner Connection Error for Windows OS
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue error
- Black ink not printing
- HP Instant Ink Issues
- Printer turning on issues
- Printer is Offline for Mac OS
- Wireless Troubleshooting steps
- Unable to print from photo tray
- Printer is Offline for Windows OS
- Network Scanner Connection Error for Windows OS
- Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup for Windows OS
123.hp.com setup 3833 – First Time Printer Setup
Setting up your printer to a wireless network would mean that you can allow any wireless device that is connected to your printer to send print jobs. Follow the below instructions for a clear picture.
USB Printer setup
Your printer can be set up to work in a USB connected setting. The steps required to be performed to apply the change in settings are clearly stated below.
- Talk to our technical support to receive the link from where you can download the driver software for your printer.
- Download the driver after entering your model number. Choose Windows as your operating system option. Given the opportunity, choose to download full-feature software.
- Double-click the downloaded file to commence the installation. This is to be completed by following the on-screen instructions. Choose USB as your network connection and complete the process.
- The same procedure is to be followed for Mac. After receiving the download link from our experts, you can proceed with the download.
- On the link, enter your printer model and choose Mac as your OS to download Mac version of the driver.
- After the download, open the file to begin the installation. Connect a USB cable connecting your printer and computer.
- Start the installation and choose USB as your mode of network connection when prompted. Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
Download a Mac printer driver using Apple software update
The driver software can be downloaded by a lot of ways on your Mac computer. One of the best methods is by using the software that is provided by Apple.
- Open the Apple software updater. If you have a previous version of the driver, this can be used to upgrade the same. If not, on your Safari browser, go to the link provided by us.
- Enter your printer model number and OS version to download the latest driver software. Install following the recommended settings.
- Click the Apple icon to open the menu and click the System Preferences.
- In the following window that appears, choose Print & Fax or Print & Scan.
- A list will appear and in its contents, you will see your printer’s name. Click on it and press the Plus icon. Print a test page for verification.
Print Driver Settings Guide
The printer driver refers to the driver software that is installed on your computer with the recommended HP software. With the help of the driver, changes can be made in the Print Settings window.
Step 1 : Open print settings
- Click the File or Menu icon and click the Print button. On the Printing Preferences click Advanced to view the print layout.
- Click the Settings option to view the settings that are currently in effect.
Step 2: Color settings and paper settings
- This can be used to change whether the document needs to be printed in color or black.
Step 3: Print quality settings
- This mode allows control over the resolution of the prints. Draft, Economode, Normal, Best etc are few of the available options.
Step 4 : Ink and cartridge settings
- Amount of ink spent for printing can be controlled by choosing one among the following options. Dry time, Overspray, Ink Volume etc.
Carriage Jam Error
Carriage jam is the advanced version of paper jam, where the entire carriage gets help up, pausing printing effectively. The jam has to be immediately removed to prevent any damage to the printer.
Step 1 : Check for jammed papers
- The carriage could get into trouble due to the paper getting stuck in the insides of the printer. Check all areas of the printer and if any paper is found, remove immediately.
- The input tray is the first place under inspection. The paper can get lodged when it is getting picked up.
- Printed sheets when they are unable to eject properly, can lead to paper jam in the output tray.
- Usage of cheap and sub-standard paper can lead to it getting stuck to the cartridge during printing.
- Check underneath the paper for paper jams. Disconnect the power cord before checking this area to prevent electric shock.
Step 2: Reinstall the ink cartridges
- Due to paper jams, the cartridge in the carriage could get dislocated. They have to be fitted properly to continue printing.
- Open the cartridge access door and remove the cartridge latch. This keeps the cartridges locked in place.
- Remove the cartridges and reinsert them in their respective compartment. This time, make sure they are properly seated before closing the cartridge access door.
Step 3: Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord. After waiting for 60 seconds, reconnect the power cords. The printer will turn on by itself. If not, press the power button to do so.
- Resetting the printer is said to solve the issues that arise during the printer setup.
Step 4 : Service your printer
- When the above-mentioned steps do not work, have your printer serviced. This ought to fix the carriage issues and you should be able to resume printing.
Printing with Apple AirPrint
Apple AirPrint is a dedicated software that is developed by Apple. This software is only compatible with Apple devices that are running OS X 10.7 and later.
Step 1: Connect the printer and Mac
- In order to use AirPrint, your printer needs to be connected to the computer. This can be done from the LCD menu of the Control Panel.
- On the Control Panel, open the Setup option and choose the Network/Wireless option. Choose Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
- From your computer, choose a file (Document or photo) and try to print. If the document has been printed, the connection is complete.
Step 2: Add your printer to Mac queue
- Click the Apple menu and click on System Preferences and choose Print & Scan.
- In the window that opens, check to see whether your printer has been listed. If already listed, click Minus icon to remove it and re-add it by clicking the Plus icon.
- If it is not listed, directly add it from the list. Confirm AirPrint option is displayed in the Use or Print Using menu. Click add and choose your printer.
- Print a document to verify the status of the connection.