HP OFFICEJET 4630 SPECIFICATION
The HP Officejet 4630 includes a lot of features like cloud printing, a dedicated fax machine, auto-document feeder, duplexing and compatibility with HP’s new Instant Ink subscription service. The innovative design gives the printer a professional quality. It has exceptional print speed and impressive connectivity features. The high-quality photos and the low cost of the cartridges are more appealing.
- It has a print speed of 8.8ppm in black and 5.2ppm in color.
- Save up to 50% on cartridges with HP’s Instant Ink service.
- It supports automatic duplex printing.
- It can fax with 99 pages storage memory.
- It can print from and scan to a mobile device.
- It has 100 sheet input tray capacity.
- The maximum print resolution is 1200 x 4800dpi.
Wired Network Setup
You will be able to setup a wired connection using an Ethernet cable. First, make sure that you have a properly conditioned network router and an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure that you have a hub with the required number of Ethernet ports, a switch or a network router. Establish a connection between your computer and the router, switch or hub. Make sure you have an Ethernet cable, do not use a phone cable.
- Ethernet cable will be wide with eight wires whereas the telephone cable will be narrow with two six wires. Make sure there is no plug or protective cover on the Ethernet port. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer port.
- Plug the other end to an unused port on the network router, hub or switch. Remove the USB cable that bonds your printer and computer. Go to our website and download the driver software. Make sure you are downloading the correct driver file that suits your operating system.
- Run the downloaded file and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup. You will be prompted to choose the connectivity type. Select Ethernet connection and continue to the next step. Try to print a sample document to check the wired connectivity.
- Go to the driver download page and select the option Software and Driver Downloads. Enter your printer’s model number and select the driver software that will suit your operating system. Click Download and the driver file will be downloaded.
- Run the full feature driver .dmg file or the HP Easy Start file (downloads folder) to begin the installation. Go through the on-screen directions and install the software. When prompted, select Add Printer to generate a print queue on the Mac.
- Connect your Ethernet cable to the printer port and plug the other end of the cable to the network router, switch or hub. Make sure your computer is linked to the router, switch or hub. On your computer, the Add window will open.
- Tap the Use or Print Using menu and you can choose your printer’s name. Get back to the HP installer and complete the installation. Open a sample document and click File. If required, modify the print settings and then click Print.
Turn on the printer and connect one end of the USB cable to the USB port on your computer. Plug the other end into your printer port. If you have connected the USB cable before installing the HP driver then disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer.
- Open Windows and search for Change Device Installation and then select the Change Device Installation Settings. In the Device Installation Settings window, choose the option to automatically download the driver software.
- Open Devices and Printers and select your printer’s name. If your printer is not listed in the list of printers, then add your printer to the list. Follow the on-screen instructions and install the driver.
- Connect your printer to the computer with a USB cable and complete the driver setup. Check if you can Print a document after the installation. If you are unable to Print, then follow the troubleshooting procedure or call our tech support for assistance.
- Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences. Now, select Printers and Scanners. If your printer’s name is displayed in the Printers list, remove and re-add your printer to confirm communication.
- If your printer is not listed, then select Add Printer or Scanner. Select the name of your printer and then click OK. Click the Use or Print Using menu, then select the name of your printer.
- Now try to add your printer to the list by clicking the Add option. When prompted to install the software, click Download and Install to complete the installation. When prompted, connect the USB cable to your printer and computer.
- Install the full feature driver. Try to print or scan a sample document. If you are facing any issue, then follow the troubleshooting steps to fix it.
No matter how good your printer is maintained, it is bound to run into issues this is the result of the manual error. This can be prevented by following the instructions mentioned in the user guide. The tips provided to rectify the issues that the printer runs into is called troubleshooting.
Slow printing is when the printer is unable to print at its designated speed. this is the culminated result of various factors affecting the printer’s performance.
- Turn on your printer and wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue. Unplug the power cord from the printer. Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait for few minutes and then reconnect the power cord back into the AC outlet.
- Connect the power cord to the back of the printer. The printer will power on and might go through a warm-up period. If it does not automatically turn on, then press the Power button to turn on the device. On your computer, open Devices and printers.
- Double-click your printer icon and select Set Preferences. Make sure that the Paper Type is chosen to be Plain Paper. Select Draft or Normal in the Quality Settings area. Click Ok to confirm the changes and close the Devices and Printers window.
- On your computer, search for Programs and Features. A list of already installed programs will be displayed, choose your printer’s name and then click Uninstall. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the uninstallation. Reboot your system and reinstall the updated driver.
- Turn on your printer and wait until the machine becomes silent before you continue. Disconnect the power cable from the printer. Unplug the power cable from the power source. Wait for few minutes and then reconnect the power cable back into the Power source.
- Connect the power cable to the back of the printer. The printer will turn on and might go through a calibration period. If the device does not automatically turn on, then press the Power button to turn it on. On your Mac, open the photo you want to print.
- Select the File menu and then click Print. Select your printer from the list of available printers. Click Show Details, if there are no options on the Print dialog box. Select Paper Type/Quality and then choose Normal or Draft from the Print Quality menu.
- Choose the Finder option and in the menu bar select Applications. Open the HP folder and double-click the HP Uninstaller. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the HP software from your system. Restart your system and then reinstall the driver software from our website.
Carriage jam will occur when there is a paper jam in the roller area, input or output tray, cartridge area or in the paper path. Removing the paper debris from these places can clear the carriage jam.
- When there is a carriage jam the printer will automatically try to clear the issue. When there is an error message displayed on the control panel, click OK and the printer will attempt to clear out the carriage jam. Open the input tray.
- Check for any paper stuck in the paper tray and gently pull it out without tearing it. Check the inside of the paper tray for torn pieces of paper as they might also lead to a carriage jam. To remove paper stuck in the cartridge access area, open the cartridge access door.
- Check if there is any paper stuck inside and remove the same. Make sure there is no paper debris in the cartridge area and then close the cartridge access door. To clear the paper stuck in the rear of the printer, turn off the printer and unplug it.
- Push the buttons on both the sides to lower the rear access door. Remove the paper cover path and get rid of any paper stuck inside the printer. Check if the carriage inside the ink cartridge door is able to move freely.
- Move the carriage to one end and check for paper debris. Clean the paper feed roller and reset the printer if none of the steps worked. Check if the printer is placed on a flat surface such that the input tray is not bent when it is pushed in.
- Make sure the paper used meets the media specification. It should not be damaged, curled or wrinkled. Use a flashlight to check the roller area. The presence of paper or packaging material might cause a carriage jam.
- Check if the cartridges are correctly inserted into the carriage. Remove the cartridges and reinstall them in their appropriate slots. Also, verify if the pull tab is removed from the cartridges. Turn on the printer and try to print a sample document.