123.hp.com setup 4650 PRINTER SETUP
The HP OfficeJet 4650 is an affordable all-in-one inkjet printer with workplace features such as an automatic document feeder, a duplexer and built-in faxing. The 2.2-inch monochrome control panel of this model is simple and easy to access. It has a good print speed and delivers high-quality output. HP’s Instant Ink subscription plan helps you lower the ink costs.
- It supports automatic double-sided printing.
- It has an input tray capacity of 100 sheets.
- The monthly duty cycle of this model is up to 1,200 pages.
- It has an automatic document feeder with a sheet capacity of 35 pages.
- The print speed is 20ppm for monochrome and 16ppm for color.
- The media types supported by this printer are plain, photo and brochure paper.
- It supports both Windows and Mac operating system.
- This model helps to conserve energy and it is Energy Star certified.
Setting up your 123.hp.com setup 4650 Printer for the First Time
After you receive your printer package, unbox it. Carefully unbox the printer and start printing the document. Locate a suitable surface to set up your HP OfficeJet 4650 printer. Make sure the surface is flat and stable. The
- After unboxing your printer and its accessories, remove and discard the packaging materials from the printer. Lift the cartridge access door, discard the tape and packing material present inside the printer.
- Power on your printer and choose your preferred language, location, date and time on the control panel of your printer. Load the paper to be printed in the input tray with the print side facing downward.
- Unlock the cartridge access door to install the cartridges. Remove the cartridges from their package and insert them into their appropriate slots. After installing the cartridges, lock the cartridge access door.
- Install the updated printer driver. You can download the manual and driver from our website. Follow the user manual to setup the printer and to troubleshoot the printing issues.
- Choose the connectivity type while installing the driver software. It is recommended to install the full feature driver. Select Easy Installation to install all the features of the driver software.
- If you want to customize the features that need to be installed, then select Custom Installation. Select the Settings option in the HP Solution Center. Choose Printer Toolbox in the Settings window.
- Choose the Align the Print Cartridges option in the Printer Toolbox screen and then select Align. Once the cartridges are aligned, an alignment page will be printed.
Wireless Setup Wizard
Connect your Windows computer to a wireless network with your HP OfficeJet 4650 printer. On your Windows computer, open a web browser and navigate to our website. Click Download to save the installation file.
- Open the saved file to extract and launch the software. Click Accept to agree to the terms. Follow the remaining on-screen prompts to complete the driver installation. If your printer is not found, click My Printer is Not Shown.
- Select Wireless network, choose the Printer With a Touchscreen Control Panel option and then click Continue. Temporarily connect a USB cable from the printer to your computer to send the settings of your wireless network to the printer.
- Plug the square end of the USB cable to the printer and the other end to your computer. Click Continue and HP Easy Start will save your Wi-Fi settings. With the connection established wirelessly between the computer and printer, disconnect the USB cable from your computer and printer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download the printer software. The software will extract and launch. On your printer’s control panel, select the Network Setup option. Choose Wireless Setup Wizard to configure the wireless network. Click Apply to save the changes made.
With Wi-Fi Direct you can establish a connection between your Wi-Fi capable devices to your printer without using a wireless router.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi Direct from the printer’s control panel and turn on Wi-Fi on your mobile device. Make sure you have the Wi-Fi Direct password. Enter the password when prompted by your mobile device.
- The Wi-Fi Direct name and password will available in the information report. Open the photo you want to print. Check if your printer’s name is displayed in print plugin settings screen.
- In order to set up a Wi-Fi Direct connection on a Windows computer, click the Wireless icon. Choose your computers name from the list of available networks and click connect. Open the HP printer folder.
- Launch the Printer Software from the Start screen. Choose the option Utilities on the top of the Printer Software screen. Select Printer Setup & Software, and then choose Connect a new printer.
- Select the option Wireless, and then click Next. Follow the on-screen prompts and establish a Wi-Fi direct connection. Click Print and the photo will be printed.
How to Fax on your 123.hp.com/setup 4650 Printer
- Connect one end of the phone cord to the Fax port on the printer and the other end to the telephone jack on the wall. If you would like to connect an answering machine or extension phone then disconnect the answering machine phone cord from the phone jack and then connect it to the phone port on the printer.
- Contact the phone company to determine which setup options are best as the printer might not be compatible with all digital service lines or providers. The fax time, date and header settings should be configured in order to use the fax feature.
- From the computer’s desktop, click Start, select All Programs, click HP, choose the folder for the printer, click the icon with your printer’s name, and then open HP Printer Assistant. In the HP Printer Assistant window, select the Fax option, and then select Fax Setup Wizard.
- From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Setup button. Choose Fax Setup, and then select Basic Setup. Select Time/Date and then choose the 12-hour or 24-hour format, then modify the date format. Select Fax Header and use the keypad to enter the fax number, and then touch the OK button.
How to Configure and use HP ePrint
- Look out for the HP ePrint logo on your printer’s control panel. If the option is not available, then navigate to Setup and click Web Services.
- Make sure your printer and mobile are connected to an active Internet connection. It is better if there are connected to the same network. Confirm if the wireless icon on your printer is turned on.
- If not turn on Web Services from your printer’s control panel or the Embedded Web Server. Periodic firmware updates are required to use HP ePrint so Web Services must be turned on.
- When it is prompted to Turn on Web services, click turn on and continue to the next step. If Web Services is already on, click Print Info to obtain an information sheet.
- Print the Important Printer Setup Instructions page after turning on Web Services. The information page will contain information about the Web Services and the printer’s email address.
- If the page does not print, turn off Web Services and then try to turn it on again. Now try to print the page. Locate the printer’s email address on the page.
- Open the app that has the document or photo that you want to print and click the Share icon. Open the email app you want to print from, and then enter your printer’s email address.
- Enter a subject about the email to be sent in the email subject line and then click send. First, save the content of the webpage as a file and then email it as an attachment.
How to Print using AirPrint
- Make sure your Apple device and the printer are on the same local and active network. Check if iOS 4.2 or later version is running on your Apple device.
- HP printers released after 2010 support AirPrint, so confirm if your printer supports AirPrint. Continue to next step if No AirPrint message is displayed.
- Disconnect the USB cable and set up the HP wireless direct connection. Make sure both the Apple device and printer are connected to a wireless network.
- Press the Wireless button on your printer’s control panel to connect to the Wireless network. If it is connected, the wireless light will be turned on.
- Turn on your Printer if it is in sleep mode and make sure it is in the ready state. Open the photo you want to Print and preview the same before printing.
- On the Printer Options menu, choose Printer and then select your printer’s name from the list. You can modify the other settings by tapping the Options menu.
- You can modify the size of the image, the color and contrast of the photo and can also select the number of copies you want to print.
- Once the modifications are done, click Print. If No AirPrint Printers Found error message is displayed, then retry the above steps.
- If the issue persists, then try to reset the printer to factory settings. Turn on your printer and disconnect the power cable from it.
- Unplug the other end of the power cable from the wall outlet and then wait for few minutes. Reconnect the power cord and turn on your printer. Now, try to reconnect and print.