HP DESKJET 4729 PRINTER SETUP
The HP Deskjet 4729 is a multifunctional printer that has the capability to Print, Copy, and Scan. With the mobile printing feature, you can print your document or photo from anywhere, at any time. This printer is designed for small home office with excellent features.
- Paper handling capacity: 60-sheets input tray and the output tray is up to 25-sheets.
- The printer’s print speed for black is up to 7.5ppm and for color is up to 5.5ppm.
- The HP Deskjet 4729 printer works with Windows and Mac operating system.
- Easily print your document or photo from your smartphones or tablets.
- This is an Energy Star Certified printer which means the printer saves the energy while printing. Copying, or scanning.
- The printer connectivity option: Use a USB or a Wireless network connection to connect the printer and computer.
- You need not trim your photographs after printing, instead, you can use the borderless printing feature.
- The printer provides impeccable print quality with sharp text and low smudging.
FIRST TIME PRINTER 123.hp.com setup 4729 Setup
Once you receive your printer from the shipment, you have to unpack and set it up. Make use of the guides that are given below to easily setup the HP Deskjet 4729 printer.
Step 1: Unlade the printer from the shipment box
- Unpack the printer from the box and then remove all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Open the box and then take off the ink cartridges, power cord, and a USB cable.
- Based on the country or region the items get varied. Ensure that you have received all the printer components.
- Plug-in the power cord to the posterior side of the printer, and then connect the other end of the power cord into an electrical outlet.
- Tap the printer’s power button to turn on the printer.
Step 2: Insert the ink cartridges
- Remove a new ink cartridge from its packing material. Make sure that you touch only the black plastic on the ink cartridges.
- Ensure that you do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzle. By touching these parts results in ink failure, clogging, and poor electrical connection.
- Unlock the cartridge access door. Place the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then insert the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- After inserting the cartridges, lock the cartridge access door.
Step 3: Place paper into the input tray
- Prior to inserting the paper, check whether that the papers are aligned well.
- Load a plain white paper into the printer’s input tray. Make sure that the paper size and type are compatible with the printer.
- Once inserting the papers, based on the size of the paper adjust the paper width guides.
Step 4: Download and install the printer software
- Based on the operating system, the driver gets varied. Prior to downloading the driver, check the compatibility and then start downloading it.
PRINTING WITH WI-FI DIRECT
You need not connect the printer to the network or to an Internet, instead, you can enable the Wi-Fi Direct signal in your printer and start printing your document or photo from your Android device or computer. Make use of the guides that are given below to print your document using Wi-Fi Direct signal.
- Download and install the updated HP Print Service Plugin on your Android device. You can get these plugins from Google Play Store.
- From the printer’s control panel, click on the Wi-Fi Direct icon to view the Wi-Fi Direct name and password.
- Based on your preference, choose either an Automatic or Manual option.
- From your Android device, click Settings, choose Wi-Fi and ensure that it is set to On.
- Open the document or photo that you want to print and then click on the Print option from the app menu.
- Ensure that your printer displays on the print plugin settings screen.
- In case the printer name doesn’t display, you might be out of range of the Wi-Fi Direct signal. Place your device and printer at a closer distance.
- Click Print. To get more details, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
PRINTING WITH MOPRIA
Download and install the Mopria Print Service Plugin on your Android device to print photos, document, webpages, and emails easily from the mobile device to the network connected HP Deskjet 4729 printer.
Step 1: Verify the requisites
- Connect the printer to a Wireless network with an active Internet connection.
- Connect the printer and the Android device to the same wireless network connection.
- Place the printer and the Android device within the range of the router to maintain the signal strength.
Step 2: Install and enable the Mopria Print Service Plugin
- Download the Mopria Print Service plugin from Google Play Store and install it on your Android device.
- After completing the installation, select a method to enable the Mopria Print Service plugin.
- Click Mopria Print Service and then select On. Now your Android device is ready to print using the HP Print Service Plugin.
Step 3: Print your document with the Mopria Print Service plugin
- Open the document that you need to print and then select Print. A Print Preview screen gets displayed.
- Tap on the down arrow to view the printer list and then choose the desired printer.
- Click on the down arrow to modify any print settings and then click on the Print icon.
FIXING COPY QUALITY ISSUES
In some of the cases, fingerprints, dust, and debris on the scanner glass might cause lines and color bands. Make use of the guides that are listed below to fix the copy quality issue.
Step 1: Wipe the scanner
- Power off the HP Deskjet 4729 printer and then unplug the power cord.
- Raise the scanner lid. Use a lint-free cloth with glass cleaner to wipe the scanner glass.
- Re-plug the power cord, power on the printer and then lock the scanner lid completely.
- Place a document or photo and then try to copy. Ensure that the original document or photo is in a good condition.
- If you still find an issue, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
Step 2: Alter the copy settings
- From the printer’s control panel, press the Copy button. Click on the Settings icon. If required, go to the Quality or Optimization setting.
- In case either setting is not available, move to the next step.
- Modify any of the following settings to improvise copy quality:
- Reduce or Enlarge: Based on the needs, you can reduce or enlarge the copy size.
- Optimize or Enhancement: Modify this setting to optimize for photos, text, or mixed.
- Draft mode: This mode speeds up the copying process but it decreases the quality.
- Click on the Back icon or Ok. Place the original document or photo and then try to copy.
COPYING DOCUMENTS OR PHOTOS
Follow the instructions that are given below to copy documents, photos, and ID from the HP Deskjet 4729 printer’s control panel and also you can access available copy settings.
Generate a copy
- Place the desired document or photo on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder.
- Click Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo from the control panel of the printer and then choose any available basic settings.
- Click Settings or the Gear icon to modify any advanced settings.
- You have scroll down the control panel screen to view all settings. Based on the needs alter it.
- Click Start or move to the main Copy screen by clicking Back and then select Start Black, Start Color or Ok to initiate the copy job.
123.hp.com setup 4729 PRINTER TROUBLESHOOTING
Are you looking for the HP Deskjet 4729 printer’s troubleshooting tips? We provide all type of troubleshooting and setup guides for the printer. Use the procedures that are displayed on this website to prep your printer to print a document.
Ink Cartridge Errors
Step 1: Check the compatibility of the cartridge
- Check whether that the ink cartridges are compatible with the printer.
- Use a genuine ink cartridge to print a document so that you can avoid some of the issue related to the ink cartridge.
Step 2: Ensure that the cartridges are installed properly
- Power on the HP Deskjet 4729 printer. Unlock the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the cartridge from its slot. Make sure that you do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles.
- Peel off any protective tape that still might be on the nozzles. Check whether that the cartridges are free from dust.
- Insert the cartridges into the correct slot. Insert the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- Place the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot and then lock the cartridge access door.
- Now try to print a sample document. If the issue still persists, move to the next step.
An Additional Blank Page for Prints
Step 1: Upgrade the computer antivirus software
- It is advisable to update the preferable antivirus protection program.
- Once updating it, scan for an remove any viruses, malware, and spyware.
Step 2: Update the printer firmware
- In some of the cases, the printer firmware might be corrupted or updated. In these cases, you might find an issue with the printer.
- Download the updated firmware for your printer and install it by following the on-screen guides.
Step 3: Uninstall the printer software and re-install it
- Find uninstall a program from Windows and then select Uninstall a program Control Panel setting from the list of results.
- From the list of installed programs, choose your printer name and then select uninstall or Yes.
- Use the on-screen instructions to complete it successfully. Restart the computer.
- Download and re-install the latest printer software.