123.HP.COM SETUP 5540 PRINTER SPECIFICATION
The HP Envy 5540 is a printer that is designed exclusively for home usage. This printer is equipped with print, scan, and copy function. This color printer is known to excel in photo printing and is quite adept at it. Wireless network connectivity brings with it the ability to connect with mobile phones. Paper handling skills are quite commendable and the 2.2-inch touch panel only makes operating the printer a lot easier.
HP Envy 5540 Printer Specifications and Features
- The HP Envy 5540 is an all-in-one printer that is capable of performing print, scan, and copy and is designed for home users.
- Network connectivity is via USB and wireless. With wireless ability, this printer can be connected to mobile phones. There is dedicated software such as AirPrint, Mopria etc that allow this connection.
- Cloud printing and ePrint are available. The built-in photo tray allows you to print 4×6-inch photos and borderless photos.
- Availability of Instant Ink never lets your printer run dry. Scan to email function can be employed to email your scanned documents without having to save them to your computer.
- Automatic Duplexer.
- Cloud Printing.
- Quick photo printing.
- Neither has Ethernet nor Fax.
- Absence of Automatic document Feede.
- Not suitable for business purpose
An inkjet multifunction printer, predominantly designed for residential purpose. Performs functionalities inclusive of Print, Copy, and Scan via cloud printing and compatible with mobile printing feature.
First time printer setup
Setting up your printer for the first time can be a confusing task. But with the help of our guide, setting up can be a piece of cake. Call out technical support to talk to an expert.
Step1: Unbox your printer from the pack
- The primary step is to lift the 123.HP.Com Envy5540 printer from its package box. Unpack it and free it from the packing materials and the plastic tapes.
- Take away the sticker from the printer control panel.
- Open up the scanner lid in order to remove the plastic tapes present inside it.
- You can close the scanner cover after removing the tapes present inside it.
- Make sure that no plastic tapes are present inside the printer before proceeding to next steps.
- No plastic cover should be present inside the photo tray.
- Once all the paper and packing materials are removed, you can proceed to next step in this manual.
Step 2: Check the materials that are shipped along with the printer
All the packing materials and plastic tapes should be removed from all over the printer and should be recycled or discarded. The materials that are shipped with the printer pack might vary by country/ region.
Step 3: link up your power cord arrange references
Here,you get to know how to link your printer to the power supply to switch on your printer.
- Establish the power supply to the printer by connecting one end of the power cable to the electrical socket and the other end to the rear portion of the printer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Once the printer has been powered up, go to the printer’s control panel and choose the preferred language.
FIGURE : HP ENVY 5540 Printer Unbox Setup
- Place the shipment on a flat and sturdy surface and remove the contents. Discard the page materials.
- Along with the printer, its accessories are provided. Remove all the contents including the printer and place them on the counter.
Checking the contents
- Along with the printer, cartridge, user manual, power cords, Driver CD, and USB cable are provided. Remove the tapes that are present all over the printer.
Power cord connection
- Connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and the other end to the power socket on the wall. Do not employ voltage stabilizers.
- Remove the cartridge from its package and place it in the cartridge slot present in the access door. Remove the tape underneath the cartridge before doing so.
Load the paper tray
- Open the input and out paper tray. Extend the paper width and paper length markers to their extreme position.
- Fan the paper and stack it on a counter. Place it inside the tray and slide the markers to tighten its hold on the paper.
Install the driver software
- This software can be found on the CD provided in the package. Install the software from the CD. Choose your operating system version carefully. During the installation, mention the mode of network connectivity.
Your HP ENVY 5540 is capable of wireless network connection. Setting up your printer to connect wirelessly would require you to make changes during the driver installation.
- Connect your printer to your wireless network by allowing it to scan and detect your network. Enter the respective password and connect to it.
- Download and install the latest driver software for your printer. Ensure that you have chosen Windows as your operating system version.
- Post-download, commence with the installation. HP Install Wizard or HP Install Assistant can be used to guide you through the process. Remember that these are Windows-only software.
- During the installation, make sure to choose wireless as the means of network connection. Remember that having to change this would require you to reinstall the driver software.
- It is advisable to download the full-feature driver software as it contains additional software that will help you with operating the various functionalities of the printer.
- Your printer and computer need to be connected to the same wireless network and this can be performed by allowing your printer to scan and detect your wireless network. Connect with it by entering your password.
- Download the driver software, preferably full-feature driver software which will allow you to control all the other functionalities of the printer.
- Choose your operating system as Mac before downloading. Only the file that is in .dmg format can be recognized by your Mac computer.
- Install the software by following the on-screen instructions. Choose the directory that the software should be installed.
- During the installation process, choose your means of network connection as wireless. In order to change this again would require you to reinstall the driver software.
Wireless Setup Instruction For Mac
Collect the wireless network items, establish the wireless connection, install the print driver and software on your Mac whose operating system is either OS X v10.10 Yosemite, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, or OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion.
- If the printer is not already installed, go ahead with Set up the printer with a wireless connection steps.
- Take a look at the Change an existing USB or wired (Ethernet) connection to a wireless connection steps to shift the connection type.
The procedure to setup the 123.HP.Com Envy5540 printer over the wireless network is the same as explained for Windows operating system.Shifting the existing connection from USB or wired to a wireless connection
Installing the printer software or the OS- driver is mandatory to shift the current connection type from USB or wired to wireless.
Printers no matter how well they are maintained, there are chances of it running into the issue. They can be avoided by following the operational instructions mentioned in the user guide. Your printer can be fixed by following a certain set of instructions and they are labeled as the troubleshooting guide.
Cartridge missing or ink cartridges problem
The ink that is used in printing is stored in the Ink cartridge. This compartment contains the printhead, the chief component used for printing. It is imperative that you see to it that your cartridge is well maintained.
Inspect for compatibility
- a) Make sure the cartridge that is installed in your printer is compatible with your printer. An incompatible cartridge will cause untold printer errors.
- b) When replacing the ink cartridge, always prefer genuine cartridges that are manufactured by HP. These are long lasting and provide the best printing experience in addition to increasing the longevity of your printer.
Examine the cartridge
- Turn on your printer and open the cartridge access door. Check if an open cartridge access door warning is displayed. Observe the carriage to see if there are any abnormalities.
- Gently press down on the ink cartridge. Remove any protective tape that is still stuck on the cartridge as they may hamper the printing process.
Clean the cartridge
- If there is dirt accumulation or debris on the metal contacts of the cartridge, the printer will not recognize the cartridge. In those cases, it is better to clean the component.
- Remove the cartridge and wipe the electrical contacts with a lint-free cloth that is dipped in distilled water. Replace the cartridges after drying it for 10 minutes.
- Run a cleaning copy. A sequence of colors are printed on a paper and this clears the printhead. Repeat the process until you are satisfied with the result.
Reinsert the cartridge
- Remove and reinsert the cartridges again. This is done to reset the cartridge position. When the cartridge is not inserted properly, the component has difficulty being detected.
Reset the printer
- a) Turn on your printer and unplug the power cords. Reconnect after 60 seconds. The printer is reset and should be able to recognize the cartridge.
Replace the cartridge
- If all the above steps failed, it is time to replace the ink cartridge as the component might have a hardware fault. Purchase a genuine cartridge and carefully insert it after removing all the protective covers.