123.hp.com setup 5546 SPECIFICATIONS
HP Envy 5546 is a multi-functional printer that allows you to print, copy and scan documents or photos in both color and monochrome. This 123.hp.com setup 5546 printer also supports multi-tasking.
Using HP Thermal Inkjet printing technology, the monthly print volume of this printer is around 300 to 400. The maximum monthly volume is as high as 1000 sheets.
The first-page time is as fast as 19 seconds for black and 22 seconds for color. The regular print speed is
12 pages per min for black and 8 pages per min for color documents.
The print quality or print resolution of HP Envy 5546 is not compromised by anything. The print resolution is as high as 4800 X 1200 dpi for color and 1200 X 1200 dpi for black documents.
This printer is bundled along with two ink cartridges – HP 62 Black Ink Cartridge and HP 62 Tri-Color Ink Cartridge. This helps the printer to print documents in both mono and color.
The HP Envy 5546 printer supports wireless connectivity. You don’t need a cable or wire to connect your printer and computer. This printer is compatible with various mobile printing solutions.
HP Envy 5546 Printer Driver Download
- You need to install the required printer driver and software on your computer before beginning to connect your HP Envy 5546 printer to the computer.
- If you don’t install the driver and attempt to connect your printer to the computer, the computer won’t recognize the printer system.
- You cannot access the features of the HP Envy 5546 printer from your computer without installing the required printer driver and software on your computer.
- You will receive the installer CD along with the printer. You can use this CD to install the printer driver. Insert the CD into the computer and follow the prompted instructions.
- The only downside of using the installer CD to install the printer driver is that this CD might not be updated or compatible with the latest OS version of your computer.
- As an alternative, you can download the 123.hp.com setup 5546 printer driver from our website. Enter the URL of our website in your computer’s browser and press the Return key.
- Check for the Driver Download section and key in the model number of your printer under the space provided. You will be prompted to choose your computer’s OS version.
- Make sure that you choose the correct version of your computer’s Operating System. If you choose the wrong OS version, you won’t be able to install the driver.
- From the list of available drivers, it is suggested to download the Full Feature Driver. If your computer is not compatible with it, download the Basic Driver.
- Wait for the file to download. Once it completes downloading, open the file. Follow the prompted commands to install the printer driver on your computer.
- When the installer prompts you to select a connection type, choose one. Connect your printer to the computer after the prompt by the installer.
123 HP Envy 5546 Printer – Scan To Email
- If you wish to scan a document or a photo to email using the HP Envy 5546 printer, you need to install the required printer software on your computer.
- Plug one end of the power cord to the printer’s rear and the other end directly to the wall outlet. Switch on your 123.hp.com setup 5546 printer and wait for it to settle down.
- Open the scanner glass and load the document or photo that you wish to scan. Align the document with respect to the engraved guides on the scanner glass.
- On your printer’s control panel, navigate to the Scan menu. Select your computer’s name and choose either Email As PDF or Email As JPEG option.
- If you are using a Windows computer, search for the keyword HP on Windows. Click on the name of your 123.hp.com/setup printer to open the HP Printer Assistant window.
- Tap on the Scan A Document Or Photo option to open the HP Scan window. Select one of the Email related shortcuts such as Photo To Email, Email As PDF, etc.
- If you are using a Mac, click on the Go option and open the Image Capture application. Search for the name of your printer under the Devices or Shared list.
- Click on the Show Details option. Make the necessary changes to the scanned file. Change the Scan To option to Mail and click on Scan.
123 HP Setup Envy 5546 – Replacing Ink Cartridges
If your 123.hp.com setup 5546 printer displays a Low Ink level icon or if your printer’s ink level runs low, you need to replace the old ink cartridge with a new one.
Make sure that you always use a genuine HP ink cartridge. If you use a non-authentic ink cartridge, you will have print and print quality issues.
Extend the paper tray of the printer and slide the paper width guides away. Insert a stack of plain white paper and close the paper width guides. Push in the paper tray.
Switch on the printer if you have switched it off. Once the printer is idle, clutch the handles of the HP Envy 5546 printer and open the ink cartridge access door.
The ink carriage will move to the center. Wait for it to settle down. Once the carriage is idle and silent, press the ink carriage lid and pull out the ink cartridge.
Take the new HP 5546 ink cartridge and remove all the packing materials on it. Insert the ink cartridge into its correct slot and push until it snaps into position. Close the access door.
Follow the same procedure to install more ink cartridges. After closing the ink cartridge access door, tap on the Ok button to print the alignment page.
123 HP Setup 5546 Wireless Printer Setup
- Before beginning the HP envy 5546 wireless setup process, you need to gather a few information such as the name and password of your wireless network.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the printer’s rear and the other end directly to the wall outlet. Switch on your printer. Disconnect all the USB and LAN cables from your printer.
- Turn on the router and wait for the network to stabilize. Switch on your computer and connect it to the same wireless network to which you will connect your printer.
- Make sure that you have disconnected all the wires and cables that connect your printer and computer. Remove the device from your computer after disconnecting the cables.
- Ensure that you don’t connect your computer or your 123.hp.com/envy5546 printer to a guest network such as a school’s network. You cannot access the printer features from a guest network.
- Tap on the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel. Navigate to the Wireless Setup Wizard option and follow the prompted instructions. Select your wireless network.
- On your computer, download the required printer driver. Open the file and follow the on-screen commands to install it. Select Wireless as the connection type.
HP 5546 Troubleshooting Common Issues
If you are having any issues with your HP Envy 5546 printer, the first and foremost troubleshooting step to do is to restart the printer device.
Make sure that you use authentic paper and genuine HP ink cartridges. If you use non-authentic products, you will have print and print quality issues.
Check if the connection between your computer and printer is secure. If you are using a USB or LAN cable, disconnect it and reconnect it back after a while.
If you are using a Wireless connection, make sure that you have connected your printer and computer to the same wireless network and not a guest network.
Connect the power cord of the printer directly to the wall outlet and not to an electrical surge. If you are using a USB cable connection, connect it directly to the CPU and not to a dock.
Check if your 123.hp.com/setup 5546 printer is displaying any error lights or messages. If so, clear or fix the error in order to continue printing the document or the photo.
Regularly update the printer driver and firmware. Updating the firmware will help you fix the bugs or malfunctions. It also enables new features of the printer.
Reset the printer system by disconnecting the power cord while the printer is running. Connect it back after a minute. Call the toll-free number for further assistance.
How To Fix HP 5546 Ink Cartridge Issues
Follow below steps to resolve your HP Envy 5546 printer ink cartridges.
- If your printer displays a low ink level message, you need to replace the old ink cartridge with a new one to continue printing the document or photo.
- Make sure that you always use authentic and genuine HP Envy 5546 ink cartridges. If you use a non-HP ink cartridge, you cannot achieve the optimum print quality.
- If your ink cartridge is full and you still have issues, switch on the printer. Wait for the printer to settle down. Clasp the handles of the printer and open the access door.
- The carriage will move to the center. Pull the old ink cartridge out from the slot and check if you have removed the orange tab. Peel off the packing materials.
- Make sure that there is no dust or debris formed on the ink cartridge contacts. Use a clean dry cloth and clean the ink cartridge contacts.
- Be very careful while handling the ink cartridge contacts as it might lead to ink clogs. Clean the contacts of the printer. Let it dry for a while and install the ink cartridge.
- If the printer does not print the alignment page, load a stack of paper in it. Tap on the Settings icon on the printer’s control panel and select Tools. Touch the Align Printer option.