123.HP.COM SETUP 5642 SPECIFICATION
“The easiest printer to print from a Smartphone”, this printer boasts its impressive wireless prowess. Airprint, Mopria, are few of the supported applications. Wi-Fi direct allows the connection to be made without the help of a wireless router. For ease of use, a touchscreen is present allowing the usage of quick functions. Instant ink will keep your printer running by supplying ink every time you run close to an empty cartridge.
- The HP Envy 5642 is designed to excel at mobile printing and can support both Android and Apple devices. Dedicated applications such as Mopria and AirPrint are employed for this.
- With the help of Wi-Fi Direct, the printer can directly connect to the mobile devices without the help of a router. HP instant ink will place the order for an ink cartridge when you are running low.
- Photo printing is one of the highlights of the printer. Borderless photos can be printed coupled with two-sided printing, this printer can save a lot of paper.
- The HP Envy 5642 is an all-in-one with the ability to perform print, scan, and copy.
- Automatic duplexer.
- Mixes Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct.
- Provides cloud printing.
- Dedicated photo tray
- No Ethernet connectivity.
- No Fax ability.
- Moderately Slow
- Home use
Meant chiefly for home use, the HP Envy 5640 e-All-in-One inkjet multifunction printer can scan, copy, print over the cloud, and print directly from phones and tablets.
List of Printing issues
- Printer turning on issues
- Network Scanner Connection Error for Windows OS
- Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup for Mac OS
- Printer is Offline for Mac OS
- USB Scanner Connection Error for Windows OS
- Black ink not printing
- Unable to print from photo tray
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue error
- Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup for Windows OS
- Printer is Offline for Windows OS
- Wireless Troubleshooting steps
- HP Instant Ink Issues
First Time 123.HP.Com Setup 5642 Printer Setup
After purchasing the printer, the next step is to unbox the device and set it up. Setting up the printer for the first time takes a little effort and can be performed by following the guidelines mentioned below.
Unpacking the printer
- Place the shipment on a flat and sturdy counter. Remove the packaging material and inspect the contents of the box.
- After removing the accessories that are present in the front of the box, the printer is removed.
Verify contents of shipment
- The accessories include new cartridges, USB connector, power cord, Driver installation CD, and user manual. Remove the tapes that are present on the printer which was placed to keep the parts from moving
Paper tray is loaded
- Extend the output and input tray. The paper width and paper length guide present inside the input tray is extended to its maximum. Genuine HP paper is fanned, stacked and then placed in the tray.
Power cord connection
- Connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and the other end to the power socket on the wall. Do not connect them via voltage stabilizer.
- Remove the cartridge from its package and also remove the protective tape present under the cartridge. Open the cartridge access door and place the cartridge in the carriage and lock it shut.
Driver software installation
- Install the driver directly from the CD provided in the package. This software can also be downloaded online. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Wireless Printer Setup
Your printer can be set up to functions wirelessly. To do this, the printer needs to be configured during the driver installation. Follow the guide mentioned below to effortlessly connect your printer to your wireless network.
- The following should be gathered before proceeding further. The name of your wireless network and its respective password, a computer that has wireless capability.
Wireless network connection
- Go to the control panel of your printer and choose the Menu option. Under that, click the Wireless button and wait for the printer to scan.
- A list of all the wireless network in its vicinity is displayed. Choose the one that belongs to you and connect to it by entering the password.
- Go to the link provided by us to download and install the driver software. Choose Windows as your OS option.
- During installation, choose your network preference as wireless and complete the installation. Your printer can now print wirelessly and also connect to mobile devices.
Preparing for installation:
- Make sure you have the name of your wireless network and its password, and a Mac computer before proceeding with the process.
- Ensure that your network has access to an internet connection. Go to the link provided by us and download the driver software after entering your printer model number and OS.
Wireless network connection
- Before proceeding to install the downloaded driver, remove all USB connection from your Mac computer. Close all running programs.
- Turn on your printer and on its control panel click the wireless connection option.
- Choose your network from a list of results displayed after a brief scan. Proceed to install the driver software by following the on-screen instruction. Choose wireless as your network connection. Print a document to verify the settings.
USB Printer Setup (Windows & Mac)
USB connection is one of the means of network connection for a printer. This can be used in the cases where there is a dedicated computer that is always connected to the printer.
Preparing the printer
- Make sure your printer is turned on. Obtain a USB cable which is lesser than 3meters in length.
- Connect it to the USB port on the printer and to a working port on your computer. The connection has to be made directly and not via a USB hub.
- The driver software can be downloaded from the link provided by us. Enter your printer model and choose your OS version as Windows before downloading.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. During the process, choose USB as your mode of network connection. Perform printer functions to check the connection status.
Prepare the printer for USB setup
- Turn on your printer and make sure it is in a ready state. Gather a USB cable that is not too long and not too short.
- Connect this cable to the USB port on your printer and to a USB port that is in working condition on your computer.
Driver installation and connection
- Download the driver software from the link provided by us. Input your printer model and enter your OS version as MAC and commence the download.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Choose USB as your means of network connection. HP Easy Start can be used for assistance.
Printing With Mopria Print Service (Android)
Mopria is an application that is developed by Android and is applicable to all mobiles phones running on an Android operating system. Connect your printer and phone via Mopria and start printing.
Step 1 : Requirement check
- The preliminary check needs to be performed before attempting to set up the printer for Android printing. Make sure the printer hardware is set up. Mobile should run Android v4.0 or higher.
- Connect the Android device and the printer to the same wireless network and make sure this network connectivity has access to an active internet connection.
Step 2 : Installing required plug-in
- On your Android mobile, download and install Mopria Print Services. This is available in Google Play Store free of charge.
- Post download, enable the software on your phone. Full access needs to be provided for the software.
Step 3 : Printing using the Plug-in
- Open the document or photo that needs to be printed and tap the Print option. Click the Down Arrow icon to view the available printers.
- To be able to print over a network, choose your HP printer from the list. To print over Wi-Fi Direct, choose DIRECT-xx-HP from the list which indicated the availability of Wi-Fi direct on your printer.
- Click the down arrow again and the Print icon becomes visible. Click print and wait for the process to complete.
Slow Printing (Windows & Mac)
When the printer is not responding immediately or is taking an enormous time to respond, this could lead to slow printing. When the printer has not been used for an extended period, could also cause similar issues.
- The printer is reset by turning on the printer and abruptly removing the power cord. It is reconnected after a period of 60 seconds and the printer is turned on.
Print driver settings are checked
- Open Devices and Printers from your computer’s Control Panel. Open the Set Preferences and in the Paper type area, make sure Plain Paper is selected. The Quality Mode is set to Normal.
Print driver is uninstalled and reinstalled
- If the network connection is via USB, disconnect the cable. In your Control Panel, choose Programs and Features and from the list. Click on your driver and choose Uninstall.
Firmware is updated
- The printer Firmware can be updated by clicking the Firmware from the Softwares and Download option and pressing the Download button. HP Download and Install Assistant is recommended for this process.
Network status is checked
- Check the strength of network connection. In case of wireless, check the signal strength by observing the signal bar and wireless indicator on your printer.
Slow Printing (Mac)
Step 1 : Rearrange the printer
- Switch the printer on and detach the power cord.
- Release the power cord from the wall socket.
- Join the power cord back into the wall socket.
- Relink the power cord to the back of the printer and switch on the 123.HP.Com Setup 5642 printer.
‘Paper Jam’ Error
Paper Jam error is the resultant of paper getting stuck in the printer. This can be prevented by following the paper operation guide mentioned in the user guide.
Clear the paper jam from the printer
- Inspect the printer for pieces of loose paper and remove them. Use flashlight to check the inside of the printer. The torn paper is completely removed.</li.
Ensure free movement of the cartridge
- After removing the paper from the cartridge and the Input tray area, the carriage is checked to ensure free unobstructed movement.
Place the printer on a flat surface
- Placing the printer on an inclined surface is ought to cause balancing issues for the printer. The printer is checked for stability and seen to it that all legs are equally balanced.
Clean page smears automated tool is used.
- With your printer turned on, go to its Control Panel. Search and open the Printer Maintenance under Setup. Click Clean Page Smears. Observe the test sheet for flaws..
Clean the paper feed rollers
- There are chances for the rollers to contain tough debris that cannot be removed by above-mentioned methods. Using a flashlight, manually remove the foreign object.
Reset the printer
- Keep your printer turn on and disconnect the power cords. Reconnect the same after 60 seconds. The printer should be devoid of errors now.