HP ENVY 5660 PRINTER SETUP
This is a printer that is more inclined towards satisfying the needs of a home user. The Envy 5660 has impressive networking capability that allows a mobile connection. AirPrint, Mopria are among the compatible applications in addition to Cloud Printing. The availability of two-sided printing can reduce the paper consumption. With Wi-Fi Direct, the necessity of a router is eliminated and the printer can directly connect to your devices.
123.hp.com setup 5660 Printer Features
- The HP Envy 5660 is a printer designed exclusively for home usage. This is an inkjet-based printer that operates on a two cartridge printing system. (A black and a tri-color).
- Network connectivity mode includes wireless and USB. Wi-Fi direct allows connecting to the printer sans the router.
- Printing speed is at 22 pages per minute for mono and 21 for color with a maximum duty cycle of 1000 pages per month.
- This multi-function printer can perform print, scan, and copy effortlessly. ePrint is an HP exclusive free service that allows printing to be performed by sending an email to your printer.
- Automated Duplexing
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct Support
- Wide Cloud & mobile-device support (Print, Scan & copy)
- Low cost per page
- Slow print speed
- No Automatic Document Feeder
- Small input and output trays
- No fax
A cozy, light-duty Envy printer model that prints good-looking documents and photos that churn out color pages surprisingly well at a low cost per page.
HP ENVY 5660 Printers – First Time Printer Setup
Setting up the printer will drain your effort. Follow the below-mentioned guide for quicker execution. Call our technical support to talk to an expert and receive excellent guidance for your printer queries.
Unbox your printer
- The shipped package is placed on a flat and sturdy counter. The package materials are discarded and the contents are removed.
- All the accessories present are removed to make ways for the printer. This is placed on the counter.
Check the package contents
- The shipment includes the printer, new cartridges, power cord, driver CD, user manual, and USB cable. All the tapes present on the printer are removed.
Connect the power cord
- One end of the power cord is connected to the rear of the printer and the other end to the power socket in the wall directly.
Install the cartridge
- Remove the packaging present in the new cartridge. This includes the protective tape present underneath it covering the printhead and the contact points. Place the cartridge carefully in its respective slot and close the access door.
Load the paper tray
- Open the input tray and extend the output tray. The paper width and paper length markers present are extended to their maximum.
- Genuine HP paper is taken, fanned, stacked on a counter before placing them in the tray.
Install the driver software
- This software is provided on the CD provided. The same can also be downloaded online. Install the driver by following the on-screen instructions. Choose your mode of network connection during this process.
Wireless Printer Setup –Windows
Your printer needs to be configured to connect wirelessly. This can be achieved by following the below-mentioned guide. Changes need to be made in the driver installation step.
Preparing for installation
- Before attempting to install the driver software to configure your printer to work wirelessly, the following need to be gathered.
- Your wireless network name and password, a Windows computer with wireless capability.
Connecting to the wireless network
- On your printer, open the menu and click on the wireless option. This will prompt the device to scan for existing wireless networks and display the results in a list.
- Choose your network and connect to it by entering the password. Download and install the driver software.
- During installation disconnect USB cables if any and choose wireless as the mode of network connection.
- Post-installation, add the printer to the list of the recognized device from the computer’s Control Panel. Print a document to check the connection status.
- Before proceeding to install the driver software, collect your wireless network name and password. Make sure your computer can connect wirelessly.
- Connect your network to an Internet connection. Go to the link provided by us to download the driver software that is respective to your printer. Choose OS as Mac.
Wireless network connection
- Proceed to install the driver software. Make sure to remove any USB connections during the process.
- The printer is turned on and on its control panel, click wireless option. The printer will scan the surroundings and a list of all the networks available are displayed.
- Choose your network from the list and connect to it by entering its password.
- Since the driver is already downloaded, install it by following the on-screen instructions and choose wireless as your mode of network connection.
List of printer issues
- Printer turning on issues
- HP Instant Ink Issues.
- Network Scanner Connection Error for Windows OS
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue error.
- Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup for Mac OS.
- Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup for Windows OS
- Printer is Offline for Mac OS
- Printer is Offline for Windows OS
- USB Scanner Connection Error for Windows OS
- Wireless Troubleshooting steps
- Black ink not printing
- Unable to print from photo tray
Printer offline or printer not responding
Printer offline is the result of network issues and can be easily fixed by troubleshooting steps mentioned below. This is a common issue which is the result of the connection between the printer and the computer failing. Disconnect your network connection and reconnecting should fix the problem most times.
HP Print and Scan Doctor
- This is a free software that is available only for Windows-operated computers. Download this software and allow it to scan the computer.
- All issues including connectivity problems will be diagnosed, allowing you to fix it.
Default printer and unpausing
- Set the current printer as the default printer. If there are multiple printers listed, remove them. The green tick indicates the default printer.
- Go to options and unpause printing. Uncheck the Use Offline option.
Reset the printer
- When the printer is turned on, disconnect the power cord. Reconnect after 60 seconds and check for the issue.
Update the required software
- The driver and firmware are two important software towards the functioning of the printer. Update them and the issues should be gone.
Add another printer
- Add another printer by using the usual method. Check if this printer is suffering from the same connectivity issues as the previous printer.
Add the printer using HP Printer Assistant
- This is a software that assists with printer installation. Employ this software to overcome the issues faced whilst adding the printer.
- Disable your firewall and anti-virus. There are chances that they block your network connection. Temporarily disable them and try reconnecting.
- For a network connected printer, reset your wireless router followed by your printer. Restart your computer and check.
- If the issue persists, click the apple icon followed by system preferences. Now, choose Print & Fax to open the Printers list. Open your printer and check its print queue. If it is not empty, read on.
Reset your printer
- This can be done by turning on your printer and disconnecting the power cords abruptly. After waiting for a period of 60 seconds, they are reconnected.
- The printer will turn on by itself. If not, press the power button to assist with the same. Check for the issue after the printer turns on.
Multiple printers are removed
- On the search option in Mac, search for Printer & Scanners and click on it. A new window will open displaying the list of printers added to this computer.
- Remove all the printers except for the one that is currently in use. This is done by choosing a printer and removing it by pressing the minus option.
Add printer after deleting existing print queue
- Connect your Mac to the internet and In the Printer & Scanner window, click your printer and press the Minus icon to remove it.
- Press the Add icon and from a list that is displayed, search and add your printer. Click print using or Add to open the adding menu.