HP ENVY 5663 SPECIFICATIONS
If you want to get an efficient all-in-one printer for your home or small business setup, the best choice for you to get would be the HP Envy 5663 printer. Print high-quality documents and photos in plain and special paper using the HP Envy 5663 printer. This printer features a touchscreen control panel which makes accessing the printer much easier. Below given are the specifications and features of the HP Envy 5663 printer.
- The HP Envy 5663 is a multi-function printer that allows you to print, copy and scan documents and photos at ease. This printer is optimum for home and small business setup.
- This printer uses the HP Thermal Inkjet printing technology to print documents and photos. It uses two ink cartridges to print the print job in color and mono.
- The print speed of the HP Envy 5663 printer is up to 22 pages per minute for both mono and color documents. The print resolution is as high as 1200 DPI for mono and 4800 X 1200 DPI for color documents.
123.hp.com setup 5663 printer – Unbox Setup
Setting up the HP Envy 5663 printer and connecting it to a computer could be a strenuous job if you don’t have proper guidance. The printer and the printer parts should be handled with care and caution. Follow the steps given below to set up the printer.
- Unpack the printer box. Remove the contents of the box. Tear off all the packing materials and packing tapes on the printer and from the printer’s interior.
- Connect the power cord to the printer and switch it on. Set the preferences such as the language, region, date and time. Load a stack of plain paper in the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to settle. Take the new ink cartridge out and remove the packing tapes on it. Install the ink cartridges into the slot. Close the access door and align the cartridges.
Search for your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 password for Windows
Every wireless network has a security password called WEP, WPA or WPA2 password. You need to know this password in order to access or connect your device to the wireless network. Follow the steps given below to search the Wireless Password in Windows & Mac.
Step 1 : Check For The WEP Password On The Router
You can check for the Wireless Password on your wireless router. Flip the router or turn it upside down. The router will have a sticker containing the WEP Password of the network.
Step 2 : Check For The WEP Password From The ISP Paperwork
The WPA password can be found in the paperwork of the Internet Service Provider. You can also contact the Internet Service Provider to know the details about your network.
Step 3 : Check For The WEP Password From Your Windows Computer
- Switch on your computer and wait for it to complete the boot process. Open Windows and search for View Network Connections. Click on the results to open the View Network Connections Window.
- Right-click on the name of your network and tap on the Status option. Click Wireless Properties and navigate to the Security tab. Choose the Show Characters option to reveal the WEP Password.
Search for your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 password for Mac device
Step 1 : Check For The WEP Password From Your Windows Computer
- Switch on your Mac and wait until it settles down. Continue once the device completes booting. Click on the Go button on the Finder menu and tap on the Utilities option.
- Scroll down and click on the Keychain Access icon to launch the application. Search for the option Local items in the Keychains List and click on it to open the menu.
- In the menu, you will find the Category tab. Look for the Passwords option under the tab. Select the name of your network and click Show Password to reveal the WPA Password.
Step 2 : Check For The WEP Password From The ISP Paperwork
Contact the Internet Service Provider to know the details and password of your wireless network.
Step 3 : Check For The WEP Password On The Router
The router will have a label containing the WPA Password. Flip the router to check it.
Printing using Wi-Fi direct feature
The advancement in printing technology has eliminated the need to use a wire or cable to connect your HP Envy 5663 printer and your computer. You don’t even need to connect your printer to a wireless network. Follow the steps given below to print using Wi-Fi direct.
Print From An Android Device Using The Wi-Fi Direct Feature
- If you wish to print from an Android device or a mobile phone using the Wi-Fi Direct option, install the recommended plugin or app on your Android system or mobile phone.
- Switch on your printer and wait for it to complete the warm-up process. Once the printer is idle and silent, tap on the small Wireless Direct icon on the printer’s control panel.
- If you wish to continue without a password, tap on the Automatic option. If you want to set a password, select the Manual option. Switch on your Android device and turn on the Wi-Fi.
- Search for the name of your printer’s network and connect your device to it. Open the document that you wish to print and tap on the option Print. Select your printer to begin printing.
123.hp.com setup 5663 fax setup
Unlike any other multi-function printers, the HP Envy 5663 printer has an added advantage of faxing documents and photos. If you wish to fax documents or photos using the HP Envy 5563 printer, follow the steps given below.
Step 1 : Connect Your HP Envy 5663 Printer To The System
- If you wish to fax a document or a photo, you need to connect the phone cord to the printer’s rear. Connect the other end to the phone.
Step 2 : Set When The Printer Answers Call
Check the control panel of the printer for the Answer Mode button or icon. Click on it. Set the Answer Mode to Answering Machine or TAM.
Step 3 : Test The Configuration
You need to print the configuration page to check if the connection is secure. Tap on Settings and press Service. Touch Fax Service and tap on the Run Fax Test option.
Step 4 : Sending A Fax
Load the document that you wish to fax on the scanner glass. Select the Fax Color option and key in the recipient’s number. Tap on the Start button.
Scanning a photo
With the HP Envy 5563 printer, you can print, fax, copy and scan documents and photos at ease. If you wish to know how to scan a document or photo using the printer, follow the steps given below.
Step 1 : Loading The Document Or Photo In The Printer
- Before beginning to scan a document or photo using the HP Envy 5663 printer, ensure that you have installed required scan software on your computer.
- Load the document or photo that you wish to scan on the scanner glass. Position it according to the engraved guides on the glass.
Step 2 : Scan Using The Software
- Open the HP Easy Scan software on your computer. Select the name of your printer from the list of available devices. Select the shortcut type that matches your scan job.
- Make the necessary changes to the document. Select the destination folder and begin scanning the document or photo.
Copying document or images
Copying documents and images using the HP Envy 5663 printer is easier than ever. Ensure that the original is not damaged. Follow the steps given below to begin copying a document or a photo.
Step 1 : Loading The Original Document Or Photo In The Printer
- Load the document or photo that you wish to copy on the scanner glass. Adjust it according to the engraved guides on the glass. Close the scanner lid.
- Make sure that the original you load is not too thick or damaged. Originals with pins and needles will affect the quality of the copied document or photo.
Step 2 : Copy Documents And Photos
- Tap on the Copy, Copy Photo or Copy Document option on your printer’s control panel. Tap on the Settings icon and navigate to Copy Settings menu.
- Adjust or customize the settings. Press the Back button to go back to the home screen. Tap on the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button to begin copying.
Color Or Black Ink Not Printing Properly
If your HP Envy 5663 printer is not printing color or black ink properly, it could be because of various reasons such as non-HP ink, improper settings, etc. Below-given are the steps to fix this issue.
Step 1 : Ensure The Authenticity Of The Cartridges
Make sure that you always use genuine or authentic HP ink cartridges. Usage of non-HP ink cartridges will lead to print, print quality and even hardware issues. Replace the old cartridge with a new one.
Step 2 : Check The Estimated Level Of Ink Cartridge
Tap on the ink drop icon on the printer’s control panel to check the estimated level of ink in your printer. If the ink level is too low or if the cartridge exhaust, replace it.
Step 3 : Check The Connection Between Your Printer And Computer
Make sure that the connection between your printer and computer is secure. If you are using a wired connection, remove them all and reconnect it securely.
Step 4 : Restart The Devices
Switch off your printer, computer and router. Disconnect the power cord from the devices. Connect them back after a minute and try printing a document.
Step 5 : Check The Printer Settings
Make sure that you have selected the correct printer settings on your computer. Choose the correct paper tray and source. Adjust the quality settings to improve the quality.
Step 6 : Reset The Printer
Disconnect the power cord from the HP Envy 5663 printer while the printer is running. Wait a minute and connect it back. Switch on the printer and try printing.
Step 7 : Service The Printer
If none of the above works, you might have to service your printer. If you have more queries, call the toll-free number.