HP OFFICEJET 5746 PRINTER SETUP
The HP OfficeJet 5746 all-in-one printer easily prints documents and photos from all your mobile devices whether at home, work or on-the-go. You can stay connected to your mobile devices and Internet-connected notebook with the wired and wireless network connectivity and NFC touch-to-print. This printer creates stunning, lab-quality photos and laser-quality documents with ease.
- The HP OfficeJet 5746 all-in-one printer is capable of printing, scanning, copying, and faxing.
- This printer supports operating system such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit only).
- The other operating system which it supports is Mac OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion, and OS X Mavericks.
- The HP OfficeJet 5746 printer prints at a speed of up to 12 ppm (ISO) and up to 22 ppm (draft) for black.
- It prints at a speed of up to 8 ppm (ISO) and up to 21 ppm (draft) for color.
- It supports media size such as Legal, 5″ x 7″, 4″ x 6″, 8″ x 10″, 10 Envelope, and Letter.
The complete wired (Ethernet) setup is elaborated in simple steps. Follow the step by step instructions as they are guided and complete the wired setup for Windows or Mac.
STEP 1: THE REQUIREMENTS ARE INSPECTED
- Make sure the network router, switch, or hub is having required number of Ethernet ports.
- Connect your computer to the router, switch, or hub, if it is not already connected.
- Get an ethernet cable and remember you should not use a standard telephone cable.
STEP 2: YOUR 123.HP.COM SETUP 5746 PRINTER IS CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK
- Turn on the printer by pressing the power button and remove any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the port available on the network router, switch, or hub and the other end to the printer port.
STEP 3: THE SOFTWARE IS INSTALLED AFTER DOWNLOADING
- Go to our website to download the printer software. Enter your printer model name and then click the “Download” button.
- You will be guided with a list of instructions displayed on the screen. Follow them as they are directed to download the software.
- After downloading the software, open the downloaded file and then follow the on-screen prompts to install the software.
STEP 1: THE REQUIREMENTS ARE INSPECTED
- Ensure, there are required a number of ethernet ports for your network router, switch, or hub.
- Your computer should be connected to the router, switch, or hub if it is not already connected.
- You have to obtain an Ethernet cable and remember you should not use telephone cable.
STEP 2: YOUR PRINTER IS CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK
- Switch on the printer and from the ethernet port, you must remove the plug or protective cover.
- Plug the Ethernet cable’s one end to the printer port and the other end to an available port on the network router, hub, or switch.
STEP 3: RUN THE SOFTWARE ONCE IT’S DOWNLOADED
- Go to our website and after selecting your printer model you must click the “Begin” button.
- When the HP Easy Start downloads based on your printer type, you must follow the set of instructions that are displayed on the screen to open the download file to start the setup.
- After completing the instructions the printer software will be installed.
USB PRINTER SETUP
To complete the USB printer setup for HP Officejet 5746 printer, you must check the requirements and then install the best printer driver. Follow the instructions and complete the USB printer setup for your computer.
STEP 1: PUT IN TOGETHER THE REQUIRED ITEMS AT THE TIME OF PRINTER SETUP
- Turn on the printer and if you have connected the USB cable to the computer before installing the HP driver, disconnect it from the computer.
- Click the “Devices and Printers” option after searching Windows for ‘devices’.
- Now, right-click your printer model icon, then click “Remove device” and also remove all the multiple existing icons.
- Before proceeding to next step, close the Devices and Printers window.
STEP 2: THE PRINTER SHOULD BE ARRANGED FOR INSTALLATION AFTER DOWNLOADING THE APPROPRIATE DRIVER
- To complete the USB setup, you must install the printer driver.
- To get the best printer driver, go to our website and type your printer model name. In the displayed page, click the “Download” button.
- Based on your printer type, the HP Easy start downloads.
- Follow the displayed instructions to open the download file to start the setup. If prompted, choose “USB” and complete the remaining steps.
STEP 1: PREPARE FOR THE PRINTER SETUP
- First, you need to check the requirements to prepare for the USB connection setup.
- Check if the printer is turned on and then obtain a USB cable less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
- An available USB port is there on your computer. The printer will not properly operate if you have connected through a USB hub or docking station.
STEP 2: INSTALL THE DRIVER AND SET UP THE CONNECTION
- You can get the latest version printer driver from our website, click the displayed link.
- Now, enter your printer model name and click the “Download” button on the displayed page.
- When HP Easy Start downloads, follow the on-screen prompts to setup and install your printer. If prompted during the installation process, select “USB” and complete the remaining steps.
When the HP Officejet 5746 printer prints the documents at a slower speed, follow the steps that are given below to troubleshoot the printing issue. Also, to resolve the issue you can download and refer the printer manual which is available on our website.
SLOW PRINTING FOR WINDOWS
STEP 1: BOOT UP YOUR PRINTER
- To reset the printer, unplug the power cord from the printer when it is turned on.
- Also, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Leave it for 60 seconds and then plug the power cord back to the printer and the wall outlet, and the printer turns on automatically.
STEP 2: EXAMINE THE PRINTER DRIVER SETTINGS
- Open the Windows and search for printers.
- Then click “Devices and Printers” in the list of results.
- Double-click your printer icon -> Set Preferences.
- Make changes if required and then click “ok”.
STEP 3: STEPS TO UNINSTALL THE PRINTER DRIVER SOFTWARE
- Open the windows and search for programs and features. In the list of results, click “Programs and Features”.
- Then select your printer name and click “Uninstall” or “Yes”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the software removal.
STEP 4: INSTALL YOUR PRINTER DRIVER SOFTWARE AGAIN
- After uninstalling the printer driver, you need to reinstall the driver again. You can download the best printer driver from our website.
STEP 5: UPDATING THE PRINTER DRIVER FIRMWARE
- Go to our website, update your printer firmware and check if the issue is solved.
- If not then proceed to the next step.
STEP 6: THE NETWORK STATUS IS EXAMINED
- If your printer is connected to a wired or wireless network, check the network status to resolve the issue.
CLEAR THE CARRIAGE JAM
The ‘Carriage Jam’ error message displays on the printer control panel when the carriage stalls and the printer stops working during a print job. Follow the troubleshooting solutions for the issue.
SOLUTION 1: START YOUR 123.HP.COM SETUP 5746 PRINTER AGAIN
- Turn off the printer by pressing the power button or disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait for 60 seconds, then reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and switch on the printer.
- To make sure that the hardware functions correctly, try to print a Printer Status Report.
SOLUTION 2: STUCK PAPER NEED TO BE ERADICATED
- Check the output tray and clear if there is any jammed or loose paper from it.
- Check the input tray and if there is any jammed paper in it, clear the jammed paper immediately.
- Check and clear if there is any jammed paper, from the paper path and cartridge access area.
- Ensure that the printer is placed on a flat surface and then print a printer status report.
SOLUTION 3: REMOVE AND REINSTALL THE CARTRIDGES
- Open the ink cartridge access door and remove the cartridges one by one.
- Now, reinstall the ink cartridges back to their place and close the ink cartridge access door.
SOLUTION 4: ATTEMPTING TO ENABLE CONNECTION WITH THE PRINTER DIRECTLY INTO A WALL OUTLET
- Directly plug the power cord into an electrical outlet. Then reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and switch on the printer.
SOLUTION 5: REBOOT THE TOTAL PRINTER CONFIGURATION
- If the issue is not resolved with the above solutions, then reset the printer.