123.HP.COm SETUP 5811 PRINTER
Print, Copy and Scan your document using the HP Deskjet 5811 printer. This printer is perfect for home use. Use the printer to get an excellent quality document. Use the borderless printing feature to print your photos so that you need not spend your time to trim your photographs.
- The printer’s paper handling capacity: Input tray is up to 60 sheets and the output tray capacity is up to 25 sheets.
- The printer’s print speed for black is up to 8ppm and for color is up to 5ppm.
- Use a USB cable to connect the printer and computer.
HP DESKJET GT 5811 PRINTER FEATURES
- The HP Deskjet 5811 printer works with Windows and Mac operating system.
- This printer is an Energy Star Certified printer which means the printer saves energy without compromising its performance.
Setting Up the 123.hp.com setup 5811 Printer Hardware
The procedures that are given below helps you to setup the HP Deskjet 5811 printer for the first time. Take off the printer and its accessories from the shipment box, fill the ink tanks, and then install the driver and software.
Step 1 : Unpack the HP printer from the box
- Take off your new HP Deskjet 5811 printer from the box and position it on a flat surface where you intend to use it.
- Peel off all the tapes, and packing material from outside and inside the printer.
- Link one end of the power cord to the printer’s posterior side and the other end to the wall outlet.
- Tap the power button on the printer’s control panel to switch on the printer.
Step 2: Fill the ink tanks
- Check whether that the ink valve is in the unlocked position.
- Unlock the ink tank lid and then remove the plug from the yellow tank.
- Take off the cap from the yellow ink bottle and then remove the seal.
- You have to turn the yellow ink bottle upside down and then place the bottle over the tank spout.
- Gently push the bottle and the ink starts to drain into the ink tank. Fill the ink tank. After filling it, pull the bottle straight upward.
- To fill the other ink tanks, reiterate the steps that are mentioned above and lock the ink tank lid.
- Place papers inside the input tray of the printer. Check whether that the papers are compatible with the printer.
Step 3: Install the printer software
- Download and install the updated driver and software for the printer. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation successfully.
Installation of HP Printer Driver and Software
You can download and install the driver and software in two methods, either use an installation CD or by downloading the printer driver from the website. Make use of the guides that are given below to download and install the driver on the computer.
Download the driver from the website
- Find the Driver Download option from the website and select it to get the full feature driver and software for the printer.
- For Windows OS, download the .exe file type and for Mac OS, download the .dmg file type.
- After downloading the driver, follow the guides to install it on the computer where you have saved the documents for printing.
- You are prompted to choose the connection type during the installation, select USB as the connection type.
- Once you’re done with the installation, you can start to print a document.
Use the installation CD to install the driver
- Power on the computer and then insert the CD into the computer driver.
- Ensure that the CD is free from scratch and dust.
- Each operating system has a unique driver, prior to installing, check it and start the process.
- Double-click the setup file and click on Run or Save.
- Follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen to complete the installation successfully.
Wi-Fi Direct Printer Setup
The HP Deskjet 5811 printer is not compatible with the Wireless network connection. Use these guides to connect the computer and the wireless support printer over a wireless network connection.
- Ensure that the installed printer driver and software is up-to-date on the computer.
- From the printer’s control panel, click on the Wi-Fi Direct icon.
- Look for Devices from Windows. From the list of available results, choose Devices and Printers.
- Click on the Add Printer option from the Devices and Printers window.
- Select your printer from the list of printers and then choose Next.
- Index the PIN code in the Add a Device Wizard when instructed on your system and complete the setup process.
Wireless Printer Setup
The HP Deskjet 5811 printer is not compatible with a Wireless network connection. The steps that are given below guides you to configure the wireless supported printer over the wireless (Wi-Fi) network for the first time.
Step 1: Verify the pre-requisites
- To connect the printer and computer wirelessly, you have to gather the wireless network name (Service Set Identifier) and the password (WEP key or WPA passphrase).
- Ensure that you have power on the printer, computer, and the router. Use the same wireless network to connect the printer and computer.
- Place the printer and computer closer to maintain the wireless signal strength.
- Unlink any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Link the desired printer to the wireless network
- Check if the printer is turned on. From the control panel of the printer, click on the Wireless icon.
- Select the Settings option, click Wireless Settings and then choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Use the instructions that are displayed on the control panel to link the printer to your wireless network.
Step 3: Download and install the printer driver and software
- To get a printer with full functionality, you have to download and install the updated printer driver.
- For Windows operating system, download the .exe file type and for Mac OS, download the .dmg file type.
- Once completing the download process, install it on the desired computer.
- During the installation, you are instructed to select the connection type. Choose Wireless as the connection type.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the installation successfully.
- For any queries, contact our technical experts at the toll-free number.
Print and Scan from the HP Aio Remote app
The HP Deskjet 5811 printer is not compatible with the HP Aio Remote app. Make use of the guides that are listed below to easily setup the wireless supported printer over a wireless network and also, you can print, scan, and troubleshoot printer issues.
Step 1: Verify the requisites
- An Android OS 4.4 device or later, or an Apple iOS 9 or later.
- Ensure that your mobile device and the printer are linked to the same wireless network.
- In case you cannot link your printer to a network, you can print directly to the printer with Wi-Fi Direct.
Step 2 : The HP AIO Remote app installation
Android Mobile Devices
- On your Android device, you need to download and install the HP Smart app from Google Play Store.
- Once the installation is completed, access the app and then click on the Start option.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and then click Continue. From the app home screen, click on the Plus sign.
- To set up a new printer on the network, select Add Printer or Set up a new printer, and then use the on-screen guides to finish the printer setup.
Apple iOS Devices
- Download and install the HP Smart app on your Apple iOS device.
- Once completing the installation, click Start, agree to the Terms and Conditions and then choose Continue.
- In case you have previously connected the printer to the network, the app select your printer automatically.
- If you have more than one printer on the network, click on the plus sign and choose your printer from the available list.
Step 3: Print a document or photo
- From your mobile device, access the AiO Remote app and click Print Documents or Print Photos.
- Choose the file on your mobile, cloud account or social media. Select the document that you want to print. You can view the preview of the document.
- Click on the Print option.
HP DeskJet GT 5811 All-in-One Printer Issues
- An Incompatible or Ink Cartridge Missing Error
- Troubleshoot to find the printer claim code
- E4/E3 displays (Paper Jam/Carriage Jam)
- Printer not found during the network driver setup
- Printer Offline
- Slow Printing issue
- Print job stuck in the print queue
- USB Scanner connection error
- An Extra blank page print
- Paper Mismatch error
Mobile Printer Setup fails in Android devices
The HP Deskjet 5811 printer is not compatible with a Wireless network connection. The document that is listed below helps you to troubleshoot issues when you use the all-in-one Printer Remote app on your Android device to setup the wireless supported printer on your Wi-Fi network.
Step 1 : Refresh the printer list in an Aio Remote app
- Though you have completed the setup process, in some of the cases, it might take several minutes to detect the printer on the network.
- From the HP Smart app, click on the plus sign to display the printer list.
- If you find your printer in the list, the printer setup is completed.
- If you couldn’t find the printer in the list, restart the printer and then check the printer list again.
Step 2: Check the printer’s connection status
- Check whether that the mobile device is connected to the network.
- On your mobile device, access the Wi-Fi settings and ensure that your mobile device is linked to the wireless network that you want to connect the printer to.
- For a Wired network connection: Ensure that the cable is linked to the printer’s Ethernet port and to an available port on the router.
- Most of the routers can operate in both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz frequency bands. Ensure that the 2.4GHz router band is enabled.
- If you still find an issue with the mobile printer setup, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Configure the printer with HP Smart app again
Once you make sure that the network is working properly and that the printer is ready for network setup, configure the printer on the network with the HP Smart app.
E-4 Error paper jam displays
A paper jam is the pretty common issue, where most of the printer face it. You can easily fix and rectify the paper jam issue by following the steps that are listed below.
Step 1: Check for jammed paper inside the printer
- Check for any jammed paper from the printer’s input tray, if you find any jammed paper, remove it from inside the printer.
- Look for any jammed paper from the output tray, if you find it, remove them from the tray.
- Look for any jammed paper from the printhead access area, in case you find any jammed paper, remove it carefully.
- Check for any jammed paper from underneath the printer and remove it carefully from inside the printer.
Step 2: Printer Reset
- Unplug the USB cable and the power cord from the printer.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds and re-link the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Re-plug the power cord and the USB cable to the rear side of the printer.
- Tap the printer’s Power button to turn it on. Wait until the printer is idle and noiseless before you start. Try to print a sample document.
Step 3: Clean the paper roller
- Switch off the printer, unplug the USB cable and then open the input tray of the printer.
- Clean the roller. After cleaning, make sure that it is free from dust.
- Re-plug the power cord and USB cable back to the rear side of the printer.
- Power on the HP Deskjet 5811 printer and try to print a sample document using the printer to check its performance.