HP OFFICEJET 6500a PRINTER SETUP
Officejet 6500a all-in-one printer is a good choice for small offices. It comes at a nominal price which makes you print vivid photos. Due to easy control panel access, navigate to all settings whenever required. Due to high speed, you can print more documents or photos within a faction of seconds.
- Use the Automatic Duplex printing option to print on both sides of paper without flipping
- Use HP ePrint to print jobs from the mobile device
- Insert the memory card into the card slot and print directly without using a system
- Print multiple pages at a time using the Automatic Document Feeder
- Save 50% energy using the Energy Star Certified printer
- The connection option includes Wired and Wireless network
Wired Connection is one of the secure connection methods. You need to use an Ethernet cable to connect the printer to the system. Follow the steps below to start the connection process.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the printer to a network. In case the cable is faulty, replace it with a new one.
- Ensure that the cable contains a connector with two wires. Do not use a standard telephone cable for the connection.
- Switch on the printer. Discard the protective tape from the Ethernet port on the hindside of the printer.
- Link one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer port and the other end to the network router, switch or hub.
- Once the cable is connected, the printer’s name is displayed on the list of available devices. In case the name is not displayed, move to the next step.
- Download and install the printer driver and software to complete the wired network connection.
- After the installation process, the printer’s name gets displayed on the list of available devices.The connection process gets completed.
- To start the network connection, obtain an Ethernet cable. Ensure that the cable is in proper working condition.
- Make certain that you have a network router, hub or switch with available network ports and examine whether the system is connected to the router.
- Make sure that you do not use a standard telephone cable for the connection process. The Ethernet cable contains a connector and eight wires in it.
- Switch on the printer and the system. Discard the protective cover from the Ethernet port on the hindside of the printer.
- Plug in one end of the cable to the printer port and the other end of the cable to the network router, switch or hub.
- Check for the printer’s name in the list of available devices. In case the printer’s name is not displayed, download the driver from our website.
- Once the driver is installed, the name of the printer gets displayed automatically on the list of available devices. Now, the connection is established.
USB Printer Setup
As the name suggests the USB printer connection is done using a USB cable. Try to purchase a cable less than 3m in length. Follow the steps below to start the connection process.
- Switch on the printer and the system. Ensure that both devices are in the ready state.Get a USB cable less than 3m in length.
- In case the multiple devices are connected to a USB hub or docking station, you cannot get sufficient power to operate properly.
- Delete the existing printer’s name from the list of available devices. Then, install the printer driver and include the name again for the successful setup.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the rear of the printer and the other end of the cable to the USB port on the system.
- In Windows, search devices and then select Devices and Printers.You can see the printer’s name on the list. In case the printer’s name is not enlisted, install the driver
- Turn on the printer by pressing the power button. Make sure that both devices are in ready state. Obtain a USB cable less than 3m in length.
- Ensure that you do not connect multiple devices to a USB hub or docking station. In certain cases, it may result in insufficient power supply.
- Exclude the name of the printer from the list of available devices. After deleting, install the printer driver and software .
- When the system urges you to connect the USB cable, do it. Plug in one end of the cable to the printer’s rear and the other end of the cable to the USB port on the system.
- Now the printer’s name in displayed on the list of available printers. Once they are displayed, it indicates that the connection is established.
When you have a printer issue, you need to follow certain troubleshooting steps to clear it. Here are the commonly occurring issues and the solutions for the issue.
Slow printing for Windows
- Reconfigure the printer by unplugging the power cable from the printer’s rear and from the wall socket. After a while, connect the cable back to the printer. Then, switch on the printer.
- In Windows, select Devices and Printers in the list of available results. You can see the printer’s name from the list of available devices. Choose the appropriate paper type based on the inserted paper type.
- In case of Quality Settings, select Draft or Normal based on the printer settings. Select OK or Apply to save the necessary changes. Then, end the Printer window. In case you wish to print, move to the next step.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the printer driver to solve the slow printing issue. Make use of the on-screen prompts to finish the software removal. After removing the software, install the printer driver and software.
- Check for any updates in the printer firmware. In case there are any updates, try to update it to the recent version to avoid the slow printing issue. After updating, try to print a document or photo from the printer.
- In case the issue persists, examine the network status. In case the printer is wireless-enabled, place the printer and the system close to a wireless router to get maximum signal strength.
- For a wired network setup,ensure that the Ethernet cable is linked to a router. Ensure that the connection is done properly. If there is any issue with the cable, try using a different one and then start to print.
Clear the carriage jam
- When the carriage located inside the printer gets stuck in the middle of the printer, then the carriage jam issue occurs. Make use of the steps below to fix the issue.
- Switch off the printer by pressing the power button. After a while, turn it on again. Once you are done with the step, try to print from the printer.
- In case the issue persists, check out for any jammed paper in the printer. If you see any jammed paper obstructing the carriage movement, discard them.
- In case you see any jammed paper in the rear access door, take out the jammed paper or duplexer and discard them.
- Make sure that you have not torn the papers. In case there are any torn papers, paper jam issue occurs again.
- Try to connect the power cable to the wall socket directly. Do not connect the power cable to the surge protectors or power adapters.