HP Officejet 7110 Printer
The HP Officejet 7110 all-in-one printer is built precisely as a smartphone and tablet printer. It is capable of printing easily from most mobile devices. It supports wireless Direct print. It also supports duplex printing. This all-in-one printer is designed with bitmapped mono LCD display. It also supports automatic Document Feeder. Its very easy to setup this multifunction printer, which is capable of printing, scanning, copying, and faxing.
Features and Specifications
The HP Officejet 7110 printer is capable of printing at a speed of up to 33 ppm for the black draft (A4). It is capable of printing at a speed of up to 29 ppm for the color draft (A4). It prints at a speed up to 15 ppm for black laser quality and up to 8 ppm for color laser quality. It supports wired, wireless connectivity. It supports USB, LAN, Wi-Fi(n). This printer is enabled with AirPrint. It supports HP ePrint, borderless printing. It supports media types such as cards, envelopes, index cards, labels, photo paper, plain paper. Its maximum media capacity is 250 sheets.
- Automatic duplexer
- Easy to setup
- Prints, copies scans & faxes
- Guzzles (nice) color ink
- Lacks port for USB thumb drive
The HP Officejet 7110 e-All-in-One Printer syndicates a solid set of home-office features and good output quality at a diffident price.
List of printing issues
- Unable to connect to Web services.
- Failure of mobile print setup.
- Printing very slow(Windows & Mac).
- Printer going offline.
- Printer not found during network driver setup (Windows & Mac).
- Installation disc does not start (Windows).
- Cannot print over a guest or host network.
- HP Easy start software installation fails (Mac).
- ‘Missing or failed print head’ error.
- Blinking lights on the HP Officejet 7110 printer.
- Wireless troubleshooting.
FIRST TIME PRINTER SETUP :
Open the printer from the cardboard box and then check if all the listed items are there inside. Then follow the instructions that are given below to unpack the printer, set the control panel preferences, install the ink cartridges, load the plain paper into the input tray, align the printer, and install the driver and software.
Step 1: UNCRATE THE PRINTER FROM THE BOX :
- Take out the printer from the cardboard box and remove all the tapes, stickers and the packing materials stuck on it.
- Remove the stickers and tapes stuck on the printer control panel. Lift the scanner lid and remove the packing materials from it.
- Close the scanner lid. Then pull the input tray and remove the packing material from it and then push it inside.
Step 2: LINK THE POWER CORD AND SET YOUR PREFERENCES :
- Connect the power cord to the rear of the printer and the other end of the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Turn on the printer and then set your preferences on the printer control panel screen. After setting the preferences, click “Yes to confirm your choice.
- While setting preferences, if prompted then select the date and time and click the “Yes” option to confirm your choice.
STEP 3: MOUNT PAPER INTO THE INPUT TRAY :
- Pull the input tray after you lift the output tray. Then insert paper into the input tray and push the stack into the tray until it stops.
- Until it rests against the edges of the paper, slide in the paper width guide and then push the input tray back.
- Push the input tray till it snaps into place. Then lower the output tray.
STEP 4: MOUNT THE INK CARTRIDGES:
- Open the ink cartridge access door and then take out the ink cartridges that came with the printer. Then remove the new ink cartridge from its package.
- Gently rock it back and forth and then insert it correctly into its slot. Push the ink cartridge forward till it suits into place.
- After installing the ink cartridges, close the ink cartridge access door and then align the printer.
HOW TO OBTAIN THE PRINTER CLAIM CODE:
Using the printer claim code, you can add your printer to the linked service. The Officejet 7110 printer aids a range of optional web-connected printing services. The procedure to obtain the printer claim code is given below.
Step 1: Monitor HP related arrangement necessities:
- The printer should meet the necessities, or else it cannot be added to your HP Linked account.
- Ensure your printer aids in web-linked printing services, and also ensure your computer and the printer is linked to an Ethernet or wireless network, and the wireless feature is turned on.
Step 2: Attain the printer claim code:
- Turn on Web Services, and pause for the printer to print the Make the Most of Your Printer page. This page contains printer claim code. If the page does not print, pause for 5 to 10 minutes and the page prints.
Step 3: Sign up or Sign in to your HP linked account and add your printer by means of the printer claim code:
- Sign in to your HP linked account. Select “Add a Printer” below the My Printers tab.
- Enter the printer claim code, click “Add”, and then click “OK”.
Verify your account, if you generated a new HP Linked account.
- During the sign-up procedure, the ePrint server directs an email to the email account you used. Access your email, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the account confirmation. Monitor your spam folder, if you do not obtain a confirmation email within a few minutes.
HOW TO SET UP A FAX:
You can set up the fax easily for your HP OfficeJet 7110 printer. To set up the fax, do as per the instructions that are given below in step by step manner.
Step 1: Categorize the type of telephone system you custom
- First, you need to identify the type of telephone system that you are using either serial or parallel.
- The telephone system type will be based on your country/region.
- You can connect the printer to the phone jack using the phone cord and any adapters that came in the box with your printer.
- If not, then you cannot be able to fax successfully.
- Select the “Setup” icon. Then select the “Fax Setup”, and select the “Basic Fax Setup” option.
- Select “Fax Sound Volume”, and then select “Soft”, “Loud”, or “Off”.
- Click the “Setup” icon and click “Fax Setup”, and then click “Basic Fax Setup”.
- Click “Fax Header” and enter your personal or company name and fax number. Then click the “Done” option.
- On the printer control panel, click the “Fax” icon, and then click “Settings”.
- Click “Fax Tools”, and then click “Run Fax Test”.
- Wait until the printer prints the test report. If the report indicates the printer passed the test, then you can send and receive faxes.
Step 2: Install the fax
Step 3: Fix the Fax volume
Then click the home icon.
Step 4: Install the fax header
Then click the Home icon.
Step 5: Run/start/perform a fax test
If the printer failed the test, then you have to fix the problem.
CANNOT CONNECT TO WEB SERVICES:
The printer does not link to Web Services, and your printer or computer displays server connection error or web services problem. Then follow the steps that are given below to overcome the problem.
Step 1: Ensure your printer aids Web Services
On the printer’s control panel, ensure your printer aids Web Services.
Step 2: Monitor the network and printer linking status
- Remove the USB cable, if connected. If you are using a wireless router, monitor your router’s documents and the router band.
- Link with Bonjour to locate the printer and support wireless printing. Ensure the printer is linked to the network.
- For wireless network connection, ensure that the wireless feature is switched on, and then ensure that the Wireless icon light is solid and blue.
- For wired (Ethernet) network connection, ensure that the cable is linked to the printer and the router, and the green link light is firm, and the orange activity light is flickering. Then choose the network icon to check the network name and status of the connection, and switch on Web Services.
Step 3: Switch on Web Services from the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Print a Network Configuration Page and open the Internet browser and enter the URL address for the EWS and click Enter -> Continue.
- Select “Web Services” on the EWS webpage. On the Web Services Setup page, click Continue, Turn On, or Enable, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Step 4: Monitor the Internet proxy server settings
- Windows: Search Windows for Internet, and select Internet in the results. On the Internet Properties window, choose “Connections”, select your network, and then click “Settings”.
- Mac: Click System Preferences -> Network. On the Network window, select “Advanced”, choose “Proxies”, and then select your proxy.
- Click “Web Services”, and then click Proxy Settings. Enter the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection. Then click “Apply” and turn on Web Services.
- Now, if the issue is not resolved, then try to reboot your computer, printer, and router, try enabling the web services.
Step 3: Switch on Web Services from the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
- Print a Network Configuration Page.
- Printers with LCD and text-based control panels: Click on Wireless, Network Settings or Setup menu.
- Printers with basic control panels (buttons only): Print the page by means of the button combinations on the printer’s control panel.
- For detailed commands to print a Network Configuration Page, enter your printer model, and then browse for the document ‘print a self-test page.
- On the Network Configuration Page, find the URL(s) for Embedded Web Server address.
- On your computer, Click on the Internet browser.
- Enter the URL address for the EWS in the browser address bar, and then select Enter.
- If a website security certificate exhibits in the Internet browser, choose Continue.
- On the EWS webpage, select the Web Services tab.
- On the Web Services Setup page, select Continue, Turn On, or Enable, and then track the on-screen instructions.
Step 4: Monitor the Internet proxy server settings
- Find the Internet proxy settings.
- Windows: Look in Windows for Internet, and then select Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, select the Connections tab, choose your network, if required, and then choose Settings.
- The network settings menu exhibits with the proxy settings.
- Mac: Click System Preferences, and then select Network. On the Network window, tap Advanced, choose the Proxies tab, and then tap your proxy, if needed.
- Note down the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection.
- Click the Web Services tab, and then select Proxy Settings.
- Enter the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then select Apply.
- Attempt to switch on Web Services.
- If the above steps does not resolve your issue, then try to reboot your computer, printer and router; try enabling the web services. If the issue prevails, proceed to the next step.
Step 5: Upgrade the printer firmware
- Ensure that the printer is switched on and linked to the computer, either over your local network or a USB cable.
- Choose your operating system if required.
- Select Firmware, and then choose Download.
- If a Firmware section is not opted for, an upgrade is not presently available for your printer.
- Select Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended), choose Next, and then select Install now.
- When the 123.hp.com setup 7110 Printer Update window exhibits, see if the printer serial number shows.
- If the serial number exhibits, choose the checkbox next to it, and then select Update.
- If the serial number shows but the status is ‘not applicable’ (grayed out), you do not need to finish the firmware update. Select Cancel.
- If the serial number does not display and your 123.hp.com setup 7110 printer uses a network connection, link a USB cable to the printer and computer, pause for 20 seconds, and then select Refresh. When the serial number exhibits, choose the checkbox next to it, and then select Update.
- When the update finishes, select OK.
- Attempt to switch on Web Services.
Step 6: Upgrade the router firmware
Outdated router firmware might disturb performance, security, or stop the router from accessing the Internet.
- Access an Internet browser, enter the router’s IP address in the browser address bar, and then select Enter.
- Find the option to upgrade the firmware. Click on Administration, Utilities, Tools, or Maintenance menu.
- If the router firmware is outdated, track the on-screen instructions to upgrade the firmware, and then attempt to link to Web Services.
- Examine your product if you completed all prior steps.
MOBILE PRINTER SETUP FAILS (ANDROID):
If you are using the HP Officejet 7110 printer remote app on your Android device to fix your printer on your wireless or wired network, but you are unable to complete the setup then follow the steps that are given below to troubleshoot problems that can cause wireless printer setup issues.
Step 1: Revive list of printers in AIO remote app:
- Select the printer icon on the AIO remote app home screen.
- Choose “Refresh”. The printer setup is finished, if your printer is registered. You can skip the remaining troubleshooting steps.
- If the printer is not registered, turn off your printer, pause for 60 seconds, and then turn on your printer.
When the printer is silent, choose the printer list again on the Remote app.
Step 2: Monitor network and printer status:
- Ensure your mobile device and the printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Select your connection type. For wireless network connection, ensure the light on the printer is either on and stable, or flashing. If not, then turn on the Wireless button, or check if the wireless signal is turned on in the Wireless Settings menu.
- For wired network connection, ensure the cable is connected to the printer and the router and then monitor the router band.
- In the Wi-Fi settings, ensure that the Smart network switch option is switched off. Confirm the printer is not in sleep or energy saving mode and turn off nearby printers.
Step 3: Fix up your printer with the AIO remote app again:
- Click the printer icon on the remote app home screen. Select your printer in the printer list and follow on-screen instructions.
- If your printer is not listed, choose My printer is not listed, click Help Set Up a New Printer. Then follow on-screen steps.
- There are separate instructions for the wireless printer with a touch control panel display and a wireless printer without a control panel display. Follow the appropriate instructions and connect your printer to the network.
Step 4: Connect your HP Officejet 7110 printer to the network (Wireless connections only):
HOW TO SETUP AND PRINT USING GOOGLE CLOUD PRINT:
You can quickly setup and print using the Google Cloud Print. To set up and print using google cloud print, follow the step by step procedure given below accordingly.
STEP 1: SIGN UP YOUR HP OJ 7110 PRINTER WITH GOOGLE CLOUD PRINT
- Turn on the printer and load enough paper into the paper tray and then install the ink cartridges.
- Ensure the printer and the Chromebook or computer are connected to the same network.
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer or Chromebook, and then sign in to your Google account. Type chrome://devices in the address bar and then press “Enter”.
- The Google Cloud Print identifies printers on the network. Tap “Register” if your printer is listed under “New devices”. Then tap Register” again to confirm and print a confirmation page.
- Follow the instructions on the instruction page that prints out or Confirm the registration on the printer control panel display.
- A confirmation page prints after you confirm the registration, and your printer is now ready to print with Google Cloud Print.
STEP 2: PRODUCE PRINT OUTPUTS FROM YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE
Using Google Cloud Print, you can print email, web pages, documents and images from your Apple iOS device or Android, Chromebook, and computer.
Print a document or photo saved on your Chromebook or computer:
- Open Chrome browser, and sign in to your Google account.
- Go to the cloud print and select “Print”. Click “Upload file to print”. Select “Select a file from my computer”.
- Select the document and click “Open”. Select your printer. click “Print”.
Print an email or web page from your Windows or Mac computer
- Sign into the Google account and open the email or webpage, click “Chrome menu”, and then select “Print”
- When the “Print” window opens, click “Change” under destination.Then select your printer and click “Print”.
Print a document, email, image or web page from your Android device (Version 4.4 and newer)
- Open the document and tap “menu”. Select “Print”.
- Click “print” after selecting your printer.
To Print an email from the Gmail app on your iPad or iPhone
- Open the email or webpage, click “menu”.
- Select “Share” and then select “Print”.
- Select your printer and then tap “Print”.