Many important and recent features are present in the HP Envy 7645 printer. You can flip both the sides of the paper automatically as this printer has auto-duplexer. It can able to send and receive documents as well. Link the printer easily to the network. One of the good choices to perform home or home office purposes.
Specifications and features
- It produces fast and quality printouts using the Inkjet color print technology.
- You can avail maximum duty cycle of about 1000 pages out of this printer.
- The display feature of the printer is a touch screen and the fax type accepted is plain paper.
- The display diagonal size is about 3.5 inch whereas the recommended monthly volume is 300 to 400 pages.
- Apple users can print easily as this printer is compatible with the AirPrint feature.
- The maximum printing resolution for mono is 1200*1200 dpi and for color it is about 4800*1200 dpi
- The maximum printing speed attained by this printer if up to 22 ppm for mono and 21 ppm for color.
First Time Printer Setup
The guidelines offered in the first- time printer setup is to be done after the printer is shipped. No printer can functions if it is not setup.
Step 1 : Remove the printer from the box
Once the printer is received, take it out from the box, and eliminate all the packing materials that are present around it.
- First eliminate the plastic tapes present outside the printer. Then open the scanner lid to remove the paper present on it.
Step 2 : Connect the power cord and set choices
- To switch on the printer, the manufacturer will offer you a power cord along with the printer.
- Utilize it to link the printer to the power supply. Power on the printer and set the choices by navigating to the control panel.
Step 3 : Place paper into the main input tray
- Drag the tray out and eliminate the packing materials present.
- Access the tray extension cover and place required paper with the short edge forward and the print side down. then, close the extender tray and the fix tray.
Step 4 : Install the ink cartridges
- To mount the ink cartridges on their slot, access the ink cartridge access door and wait until the printer is silent.
- Remove a cartridge from the package and free it from the protective tapes.
- Grasp the cartridge properly and place it in the provided slot using the color code found.
- After installing all the cartridges, refix the access door, and allow the printer to align the ink cartridges.
Step 5 : Install the printer software
If you have an installation software CD, place it on the drive and follow the instructions to accomplish the installation steps.
123.hp.com envy7645 – USB Printer Setup
To customize the HP envy 7645printer, the instructions in this section help you out. Get the most supported features from a USB connected printer and install the full feature HP driver.
Step 1 : Prep the Printer Setup
- To initiate the USB connection, the printer should be switched on. Get a cable of length 3 m.
- Connect the printer to the computer directly to any free ports. Avoid using a hub to initiate the connection.
- Detach the USB cable from the computer and avoid linking it until you receive a prompt during the driver setup.
- Select the Devices and Printers option from the printer’s control panel and select remove device. Eliminate multiple icons present for a printer.
Step 2 : Keep the Driver and Fix up the Connection
- Liable to the printer model, the printer driver starts downloading on the Windows computer.
- Under the Driver- Product Installation software option choose Download. Accomplish the installation with the help of the on- screen prompts.
- Remember to select the USB option when instructed by the installer.
USB Printer Setup (Mac)
Step 1 : Prep for the HP Envy 7645 printer
- Trail the required components to initiate and maintain the USB connection.
- Before you initiate the connection method, switch on the printer and buy a cable of length less than 3 m.
- Connect the printer to the available port on the computer so that you can avoid the power shortage issues.
- Detach the printer USB cable from the computer and avoid linking any cable until instructed.
To install the driver, get directed to the website and click n Begin. Liable to the printer, the suitable driver starts to download. trail the prompts to accomplish the installation process.
Wired Network Setup – Windows
Personalize the HP Envy 7645 network enabled printer with the help of an Ethernet cable by installing the HP Printer driver on your computer.
Step 1 : Check the necessities
- Before you start the installation process, check that you have a functioning network router and an Ethernet cable.
- Prep for a network router or a switch with available Ethernet ports.
- Scrutinize if the computer is linked to the router, if it is not already done.
- Use an Ethernet cable. linking a standard telephone cable would end in connection issue.
Step 2 : Connect the printer to the network
- Switch on the printer followed by eliminating any plug or protective cable found on the back side of the printer.
- Make use of an Ethernet cable to link the printer to the accessible port on the network router.
Step 3 : Place and Setup the software
- Power on the printer and if you have connected the printer to the computer using a USB cable, eliminate it from the printer.
- Get directed to our website and choose a method to find the printer model and then trail the instructions.
- Tap Download present next to the full feature driver for other devices.
Install the printer on a wireless network Mac
Step 1 : Verify the necessities
- You have to install the HP printer driver and software to personalize the printer on a Wired network connection.
- To initiate the wired connection, you should get a router or switch with available ports.
- Place the printer, router, and hub are kept on.
- Use an Ethernet cable to establish the Wired connection.
Step 2 : Initiate the Connection to the Network
- Power on your printer.
- After eliminating the protective cover from the Ethernet port on the printer’s rear side, connect the cable to the printer port and to the available port on the hub.
Step 3 : Keep and Setup the software
- Switch on the printer and if you have seen any USB cable is connected to the computer, plug it out.
- Look for the correct driver, tap on download, trail the prompts, and finish the installation process.
Wireless printer setup
Many users prefer the Wireless mode of connection because of its reliability. We aid you with the simple instructions.
Trail the below steps and install your wireless capable printer on a local network.
Step 1 : Prep for the installation process
- Collect the required details to link the printer to the network. The details like network name, password should be known before you initiate the process.
- You need a computer that is connected to the network. Verify if the router and the computer are powered on.
- Make sure that the devices that are included in the print system are kept near.
Step 2 : Connect to the Wireless Network
- Power up the printer and then choose the Wireless icon. Tap on the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
Step 3 : Place and setup the printer software
- Attach the power cable to the printer and power it on.
- Affirm that no USB cables are linked until you receive a prompt.
- Visit our website and tap on Download found next to the full feature driver.Go through the prompts to accomplish the connection successfully.
Sending and Receiving Faxes
A process that allows you to scan and send a document or photo from a fax capable printer to another fax capable devices by means of a landline connection.
Installing the printer for faxing
Step 1 :Required materials to Establish the Network Connection
Make sure if the below tasks are done before you install the fax service.
- An active telephone landline is required to send and receive a fax.
- Install the cartridges before you initiate fax.
- Mount correct amount of place plain in the input tray.
Step 2 : Establish a Fax Connection
- Connect any telephone devices from the phone jack and plug out the yellow plug from the rear of the printer as well.
- Disconnect the answering machine’s power cord from the phone jack and then connect the answering machine phone cord to the fax phone port on the printer’s rear end.
- Connect the phone cord and initiate the connection between the phone jack and the printer.
- Check the control panel and choose Setup. Select the options like Rings to answer by following the on screen instructions.
Step 3 : Select the basic Fax settings
- Check the control panel and tap on Fax. select Send now and then choose the phone book icon to pick a contact from it.
- You can key in the fax number to the available field and then tap on Done. Subsequently, tap Add if you want the number to save to the contacts.
Install the fax speed
- You can install the fax speed based on your need. Check the control panel and customize the speed by trailing the prompts displayed.
- Once all the settings are made, allow your printer to provide Fax test report and make sure that you have customized properly.
Sending a fax
Send from the Scanner Glass
- Keep the originals on the scanner lid and choose a fax number from the directory.
- Click Black or Color and trail the prompts to send the fax.
Send from the ADF
- Tap the edge of the original on a flat surface and turn the document print- side up.
- Keep the pages into the ADF and slide it until you hear a tone that acknowledges that the original is in place.
- Align the paper guides inward until they rest at the edge of the paper.
- Once it is properly customized, tap fax, key in the number to which you want to send the fax and then choose Start Fax.
‘Paper Jam’ Error
When the placed paper get jammed or any bits of torn paper is found on the printer is torn, the printer function pauses and shows an error message on the control panel.
Solution 1 : Boot up the printer
Step 1: Power off and Power on the printer again
- Switch off the printer, plug out the power cord connected to the printer’s rear side.
- Leave for a while, and then re- establish the power connection. Power on the printer again.
Step 2 : Print a Status Report
- Place enough paper in the loading tray of the printer.
- Check the control panel and click the Setup icon.
- Tap on Reports and then select the Printer Status Report option.
Solution 2 : Remove any jammed paper from the printer
Trail the successive steps to eliminate the jammed paper from the input and output tray.
To evade periodic paper jams
- Do not use the paper that has pins.
- Avoid feeding many papers into the input tray.
- Utilize a flat clean dry paper.
Step 1 : Eliminate any loose paper from the output tray
If any jammed paper is available, remove it using the instructions provided below.
- Eliminate loose paper from the output tray and extend the output tray extender.
- Grab and tug the output tray to its outermost position. Remove all paper from the input tray.
- Use both the hands to free the jammed paper. Roughly pulling out the paper might result in the presence of jammed piece of paper.
- After you removed all paper, keep the output tray and input tray again properly.
Step 2 : Free any jammed paper from the input tray
Use the successive set of instructions to eliminate the paper from the input tray of the printer.
- Switch on the printer and grab the output tray to remove the jammed paper.
- Affirm that you have removed the chunks present. Once you eliminate the jammed paper, place the output tray again onto the input tray.
Step 3 : Clear any torn paper from the paper path and the cartridge access area
- Switch on the printer and elevate the cartridge access door.
- Detach the USB cable from the printer to avoid electrical shock.
- With the aid of a flashlight remove the jammed paper from the printer and close the cartridge access door.
- Once it is done, re- connect the power cord and try to print.
Solution 4 : Affirm that the printer is placed on a flat surface
If the printer is not kept on a flat surface, the printer finds difficult to take in the paper when you assign a print job. So keep it on a flat surface to avoid such kind of issues.
Solution 5 : Service the printer
You need to service your printer if none of the above solutions have provided you a result.