123.hp.com setup 7855 Printer
The HP Envy 7855 all-in-one inkjet printer gives a solid performance and high print quality. It is designed with fax capability, a duplexer, a dedicated photo paper tray, and an automatic document feeder (ADF). This printer is designed with color touch screen with swipeable menus and handles most home and office tasks handily. It is measured at nearly 19 inches wide and over 19 inches deep with its output tray extended.
Envy 7855 Features and Specifications
- The HP Envy Photo 7855 printer is designed with a 35-page ADF for scanning, copying, and faxing multipage documents.
- It prints at a speed of up to 15 ppm for black and up to 10 ppm for color. It prints at a resolution of up to 1200 x 1200 rendered dpi for black and up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi for color.
- It supports Wi-Fi and borderless printing. It also supports duplex printing.
- The operating systems supported by the printer are Windows 10, 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (32-bit only) and Macintosh OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, Linux.
HOW TO PRINT A DOCUMENT
To print documents from a Windows computer and to change any print related job settings, do as per the instructions that are given below accordingly in step by step format.
- Open the document that you need to print and then adjust the text font and size, choose layout options, and to change any other appearance settings.
- Click “File” or the “menu” icon in the app you created the document in. Then click “Print” to open general print settings.
- You should click “Printer Properties”, “Properties”, or “Preferences” to access more layout, quality, and advanced print settings.
- The Printing Preferences or Document Properties window opens. You can change the layout and paper settings for your print job.
- Adjust the quality and color settings for your print job. After making all the changes, click “OK”, then click “Print”.
HOW TO FAX
You can easily send a fax from the scanner glass. Follow the step by step instructions that are given below to quickly fax an original from the scanner glass.
- First, take-off the documents from the document feeder tray. Then lift the scanner lid and keep the document on the right-front corner of the glass with the print side down.
- Now, you have to align the original document to the engraved guides near the edge of the glass.
- Now, you have to close the scanner lid. On the printer control panel, you should click “Fax” and then select “Send Now”.
- You must type the fax number in the Enter fax number: field, using the numeric keypad.
- Select “Black” or the “Color” option and your fax is sent if the receiving fax service is available.
HOW TO PRINT A PHOTO
To print better-looking photographs or images from a Windows PC, use the correct paper type and suitable print job settings and do as per the instructions as guided below.
- Place the photo paper in the main input tray. Based on your printer type load the short edge of the photo paper into the tray and then adjust the paper width guides.
- Now, open the photo that needs to be printed and make the required changes. Right-click the photo, select “Open with”, then click “Windows Photo Viewer” or “Paint”.
- Select “Print”, or select “File” or the “menu” icon(paint), then select “Print”. The “Print Pictures” window opens.
- Open the printer “Document Properties” window and access the layout, quality, color, and advanced print settings.
- Make the required settings, and click “OK”, then click “Print”.
If you are a Windows or Mac users, then you can make use of the stepwise instructions provided here to establish the USB connection on your HP Envy 7855 printer.
- Turn on the printer and use a USB cable of length less than 3 m to connect the printer.
- If any cables are connected and if you have already installed the printer, then use our manual and uninstall the already existing devices.
- Now, download and install the best printer driver to complete the USB setup for your Windows.
- Visit our website, select your printer model and download the driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- The driver installation app “HP Easy Start” downloads based on your printer model and follow the on-screen instructions to open the download file to start the setup.
- If it prompts to choose the connection type, select “USB” and complete the setup.
- Turn on the printer and then check if any USB cable is connected to the printer and the computer.
- If connected, then remove the USB cable and do not connect it back until you are prompted to connect during the driver installation step.
- Now, download and install the printer driver to complete the USB setup for your Mac.
- Go to our website, select your printer model and then click “Download” to download the printer driver.
- The driver installation app “HP Easy Start” downloads. Select “USB” if you are prompted for a printer connection type.
- When the “Install” screen displays, ensure “HP Scan” or “HP Easy Scan” is selected and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Refill ink cartridge
INK CARTRIDGE REFILL
If the ink cartridges in your printer go low or empty, you can replace them with the genuine ink cartridges or you can refill the ink. Follow the steps to refill the ink into your ink cartridge.
- To refill the ink cartridge, you have to use the cartridge that is compatible with your printer.
- Now, begin the refilling process. Remove the empty cartridge from its slot. Place the empty cartridge on the white paper and then use a toothpick or needle to locate the refill holes on top of the cartridge.
- Pierce the needle into the hole of the ink cartridge and examine the color. Inject the needle into the syringe and fill the color into it.
- Do not be fast while filling the ink to the ink cartridge. It may create air-gaps which blocks the ink cartridge.
- Make sure the ink is filled to its near-capacity and there are no air bubbles in the cartridge.
- You should not overfill the regular cartridge. You can fill only 1.5 ml of color to the regular cartridge.
- Press down the sponge inside the cartridge which is invisible and inject the ink slowly into the hole of the ink cartridge.
- When the ink comes out of the hole you should stop filling. Insert the refilled ink cartridge into its slot and close the ink cartridge access door, and the printer prints an alignment page.