123.HP.COM OJPRO8100 SPECIFICATION
The HP Officejet Pro 8100 printer is capable of producing documents with superior quality. This printer gives better performance with superior energy and resource savings. It gives professional color to documents.
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer produces business quality printouts at home.
- This printer can print at a speed of 35 pages per minute with high-quality output.
- It is capable of printing 25000 pages and is ideal for large printing tasks.
- This printer has a built-in Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity options for multiple devices.
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer prints at a speed of up to 20 ppm for black (ISO) and up to 35 ppm for black (draft).
- It prints at a speed of up to 16 ppm for color (ISO) and up to 35 ppm for color (draft).
- Its recommended monthly page volume is 250 to 1250.
- Its processor speed is 360 MHz ARM R4, 360 MHz ST231 PIE DSP.
- It supports Hi-speed USB 2.0, built-in wired Ethernet 10/100Base-TX (RJ45) networking, built-in wireless 802.11b/g/n networking.
Driver and manual download
The latest version printer driver and manual for both Windows and Mac are available on our website. Click the link that is available in the document to download the driver and manual for your printer.
- You can get the latest version driver and manual for your HP Officejet pro 8100 printer from our website, click the provided link and download the printer driver and manual for Windows.
- You can also download and install the driver using the CD that shipped with your printer. Insert the CD into CD drive of your computer and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver.
- You can quickly setup your printer and troubleshoot the printer related issues using the printer manual which is available on our website. The printer manual also includes additional information regarding handling your printer.
- You can download and install the printer driver for Mac from our website, click on the displayed link and then download the printer driver and manual. After downloading, follow the on-screen prompts to install the printer driver for Mac.
- You can also download and install the printer driver for Mac using the Apple software update. Another method to download the printer driver for Mac is using the CD that shipped with your printer.
- Insert the CD and follow the on-screen prompts to finish the printer driver installation. To setup the printer or troubleshoot any printer issues, you can use the printer manual available on our website.
How to refill the cartridges
Refilling the ink cartridge is a tough job but then it is cost-effective. You can easily refill the ink cartridges for your HP Officejet 8100 printer by following the stepwise instructions that are given below.
STEP 1: You have to use the cartridge that supports the printer model while refilling the ink cartridges.
STEP 2: To begin the refilling process, first remove the empty cartridge from its slot and place it on the white paper. Locate the refill holes on top of the cartridges using the toothpick or needle.
STEP 3: Pierce the refill holes through the label. Now, to examine the color, pierce the needle into the hole. Insert needle into the syringe and fill the syringe with color.
STEP 4: Don’t be hurry while filling the ink into the syringe, because it may create air-gaps. These air-gaps blocks the cartridge.
STEP 5: Make sure there are no air bubbles in the cartridge and that the ink is filled to its near-capacity.
STEP 6: Do not overfill the regular cartridge and remember you can add only 1.5 ml of color to the regular cartridge.
STEP 7: There is a sponge inside the cartridge which is invisible, press down the sponge and inject the ink slowly into the hole of the cartridge.
STEP 8: Stop filling when the ink comes out of the hole. Then install the ink cartridge into its slot properly and wait for the printer to print an alignment page.
Some of the common printer related issues can be resolved using the printer manual that is available on our website. Always use genuine ink cartridges, so that you can overcome most of the printing related issues. The manual also includes some useful tips and guidelines on using the printer. It also includes instructions to prevent the printer issues from occurring.
Paper feed problems
When you attempt to print the document and the printer fails to pick up or feed the paper, then try the troubleshooting instructions that are given below accordingly to resolve the paper feed issues.
- Resetting the printer can resolve paper feed problems. To reset the printer, turn on the printer and then unplug the power cord from the printer and the wall outlet. You have to wait for few seconds and then connect the power cable back to the printer and the wall outlet. The printer turns on automatically. If it does not turn on, then press the power button and turn on the printer.
- If the issue is not resolved yet, then check if the paper type is supported by the printer. In the printer driver, make the required changes in the paper settings.
- Open the document where the issue occurred, select File->Print. Select Properties dialog box in the Print window. Choose the Paper/Quality tab. Select Tray 2 as the Paper Source option in the Drop-down list. After doing the required changes, click “OK” and then click print to print the document.
- Also, there might be some dust or debris accumulated in the paper feed rollers, which result in the paper feed problems. Using a clean and damp cloth, wipe the rollers. Now, try to print a test page and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists still, then contact our technical team for help.
If there is a print head problem with your HP Officejet 8100 printer, then do as per the stepwise instructions that are given below accordingly to troubleshoot the printhead issue.
- To resolve the issue, try to uninstall, clean and then reinstall the print head. For that, you should turn on the printer and open the ink cartridge access door. Then take out the ink cartridges and place them on the piece of paper. Elevate the latch handle on the print carriage until it remains silent.
- Now, clean the print head using a clean and lint-free cloth. The areas where you need to clean are plastic ramps, the edge between the nozzles and then the electrical contacts. After cleaning wait until all the areas get dry prior to proceeding to the next step.
- Make sure that the latch handle is facing upwards. Then insert the printhead and pull the latch handle. Insert the cartridge one by one with the help of colored icons. Make sure that the cartridges are inserted properly and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If the issue is still there, then reset the printer. For that, turn on the printer and then unplug the power cable from the wall outlet and the printer, and wait for few seconds. Then plug the power cord back to the printer and the wall outlet, and the printer turns on automatically, and check if the issue is resolved.