OFFICEJET PRO 8620
The HP Officejet pro 8620 is a multifunctional color printer that is specially designed for home office or a small workgroups. The printer prints a document with an excellent quality. Automatic duplex printing, allows you to print the document on both sides of the page. Print your document on the go with the mobile printing feature.
- The printer’s maximum print speed for black is up to 35ppm (Draft) and for color is up to 34ppm.
- The printer has a 50-sheets Automatic Document Feeder capacity so you can easily complete the scan and copy process.
- The printer’s input tray capacity is up to 250 sheets and the output tray capacity is up to 150 sheets.
123.hp.com setup 8620 Features
- An Android user can use the HP ePrint app to print a document from mobile whereas a Mac user can use the AirPrint app to print the document or photo.
- The printer’s connectivity option: Wired, Wireless, USB, Wireless Direct and NFC (Near Field Communication).
- The HP Officejet Pro 8620 is an Energy Star Certified printer.
Unbox your printer from the box
Once you receive a printer from the shipment, you have to unpack it. Make your printer ready to print the desired document or photo by following the guides that are listed below.
- Once you unpack the printer from the packing material, peel off all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Before discarding the box or packing material, check whether that you have taken off all the hardware materials that came with your printer.
- Connect the power cable to the printer’s rear side, and then the other end to an electrical power point.
- Once establishing the connection, power on your HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Place the color ink into the left side of the slot and then insert the black ink into the right side of the slot.
- After inserting the cartridge, lock the cartridge access door.
- Place the paper into the input tray with the print side downward.
- Once the loading of the paper gets completed, the printer prints an alignment page automatically.
- Download and install the updated driver and software for the printer. Once you’re done, start to print a document.
Wireless printer setup
With the HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer, print your document on the go. All you need to do is, connect the printer and computer/mobile device to the same wireless network connection.
Wireless printer setup – Windows
Step 1: Prepare for the wireless connection
- You have to gather the network name and password to connect the printer and computer.
- Ensure that you use the same wireless network connection to connect the printer and computer.
- Power on the HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer, computer, and the wireless router.
- Place all the network connected device at a minimum distance to maintain wireless signal strength.
- Unlink any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Link your printer to the wireless network
- From the control panel of the printer, click on the Wireless icon and then choose the Wireless icon.
- Click Wireless Settings–> Wireless Setup Wizard. The printer will search for an available wireless network.
- Select your wireless network name and then use the guides that are displayed on the printer’s control panel to link the printer to the wireless network.
Step 3: Download and install the printer software
- Based on the operating system, download and install the printer driver and software on the computer.
Wireless setup – MAC
Step 1: Make an arrangement for the printer setup
- Get the Wireless network name and password to connect the printer and computer.
- Use the same wireless network to connect the printer and computer.
- Ensure that you have powered on the printer, computer, and the wireless router.
- Place the printer and computer closer and within the range of the wireless router during the setup process.
Step 2: Connect the printer to the network
- From the control panel of the printer, click on the Wireless icon and then select the Wireless Menu option.
- Click on Wireless Settings and then choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer searches for an available wireless network. Select the wireless network connection and then use the guides on the printer’s control panel to link the printer to the wireless network.
Step 3: Install the printer software
- Complete the wireless connection by installing the driver and software for the printer.
How to print photos with Windows Photo viewer
Use the HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer to print a photo and get an excellent photograph. Make use of the procedures that are listed below to print photos with Windows Photo Viewer.
Step 1 : Insert the photo paper into the photo tray
- Switch on the HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer.
- Place the paper inside the printer’s input tray, prior to placing it, ensure that the paper is compatible with the printer.
- Once inserting the paper, based on the paper size adjust the paper width guides.
Step 2: Adjust the print settings and then print a photo
- With the help of Windows Photo Viewer, you can set up the print job.
- Right-click on the photo that you need to print, click on the Printer icon and then select Open with a Windows Photo Viewer.
- From the drop-down menu, choose your printer and then modify the paper size and print quality.
- From the Print Settings window, select the Printer Properties option. Once modifying the changes, navigate to the Print Pictures window and then select Print.
How to scan to a system
Use the HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer to scan the required document or photo. Go through the guides that are given below to scan your document to a system.
Step 1: Load the document or photo
- Check whether that you have powered on HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer.
- Position the document on the scanner glass. If you have a multipage document for scanning you can use Automatic Document Feeder.
- Do not use AFD to scan your photographs. It might cause the damage to the photo and to the printer.
Step 2: San the required document or photo
- From the printer’s control panel, choose the Scan option.
- You need to scan the document to the connected computer.
- Choose the name of the computer where you need to save the scanned document.
- Click on the Scan shortcut option, and then select a shortcut that corresponds to the document or photo you are scanning.
How to scan to a memory device
Make use of the HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer to scan the desired document or photo and to and save it on a memory device. Use the guides and start scanning the document.
Step 1: Position the document or image
- Use the scanner glass or the Automatic Document Feeder tray to place the document for scanning.
- Turn on the HP Officejet Pro 8620 Setup printer.
- If you want to scan a single page, you can use the scanner glass.
- For multipage scanning, you can use the ADF. It is advisable not to use the ADF to scan your photo.
Step 2: Scan the document or photo
- Select the memory device, and then start to scan from the printer’s control panel.
- Insert the memory device into HP Officejet pro 8620 printer.
- Navigate to the printer’s control panel to choose the Scan option.
- Click on the Memory device. Select your file type and resolution.
- Click on the Start Scan option. The printer starts to scan the document.
How to configure a new fax
Make use of the fax capable HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer to fax a document. Go through the guides that are listed below that might help you to setup a new fax.
Step 1: HP Officejet pro 8620 printer fax setup
- Check whether that the hardware has been assembled fully prior to connecting the fax service.
Step 2: Find the type of telephone system you use
- Based on the country or region, you have either a parallel or serial telephone system.
Step 3: Configure the printer for faxing
- With the help of the phone cord and any adapters that came along with the printer, you can connect the HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer to the phone jack.
- Tap on the Plus sign and then use the procedures to systemize the printer for fax operation.
Step 4: Set the fax volume as per the needs
- From the printer’s control panel, click on the Home button to open the main menu.
- Click on the Down arrow to select the Fax option and then choose Ok.
- Click on the Down arrow to choose Settings and then select Ok.
- Tap on the Down arrow to select Advanced settings-> Ok.
- Click on the Down arrow to select Ring Settings and then click Ok.
- Tap on the Down arrow to choose Fax Sound Volume and then select Ok. Select Soft, Loud, or Off.
Step 5: Setting up the fax header
- Click on the Setup icon and then choose Fax Setup. Click Basic Fax Setup and select Fax Header.
- Index your company name and fax number, and then select Done.
Once you find an issue with the printer, you need not be worried. Make use of the procedures that are displayed on this website to easily fix and rectify the printer issue.
Slow Printing for Windows
Step 1: Reboot the printer
- In some of the cases, rebooting the printer might rectify the slow printing issues.
Step 2: Verify the settings of the printer driver
- Look for the printer from Windows, and then click on the Devices and Printer option from the list of results.
- Check whether that you have double-clicked the printer’s icon.
- Double-click on the Set Preferences option.
- Select the paper type information.
- From the Quality settings area, ensure that the Draft or Normal option is selected.
- Choose either Ok or Apply to confirm the changes you have done.
Step 3: Uninstall the printer software and reinstall it
- Uninstall the existing software and reinstall the updated printer and software.
- Ensure that you have installed the driver on the computer where you have saved the documents for printing.
Step 4: Verify the status of the network
- Verify the wireless signal strength on your system by clicking the wireless connection icon that you might find in the Windows taskbar.
- In case the signal strength is low, place the router, printer and the computer at a closer distance.
- If you connect the printer and computer with an Ethernet cable, ensure that the connections are secure.
- Reboot your router by unplugging it, wait for at least 10 seconds and then connect it back.