123.HP.COM OJ8702 PRINTER
It is one of the biggest A4 inkjet printers. It has the paper capacity of 150 sheets. The capacity of Automatic Document Feeder is about 50 sheets. It is suitable for small office purpose and supports Wired, Wireless, and USB mode of connection. The speed of the printer is high and can print 24 pages per minute for black a4 printing and 20 ppm for color. The quality of photo out of this printer is high and the scan performance is remarkable. The graphics performed by this printer have subpar print quality.
How to install the printer
Printer installation section in this documents has the necessary steps to be done to setup the newly bought printer. Make use of the instructions available on this website and set your printer easily.
- Take out the printer and its content from the package. Free them all from the plastic tapes and packing materials.
- After removing the plastic tapes from the inside of the printer, take a power cord that comes with your printer and connect its one end to the printer’s rear end.
- Connect the other end of the power cord to the power supply. Now if the printer is not switched on properly, push the power icon and power it on. Subsequently, set the preferences.
- Pull out the paper width guides, fill it with paper, and then close it.
- Remove the ink cartridges out from the package and pull the orange tab in order to eliminate the packing materials on it.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door and hold on until the carriage settles.
- Place the ink cartridges into the slot and push until it fits. After installing all the ink cartridges, align them. Subsequently, search for the printer driver and install on the computer.
Driver and manual download
Driver is a necessary part of the software that is to be installed on the computer in order to initiate any printer functions. Getting the latest printer driver installed on your computer is a key to get good results out of your printer.
- To install the driver using the installation CD, keep the CD into the computer and wait until the setup file runs on the computer. Choose a location where you want to save the file.
- Make use of the on- screen instructions provided on the screen to complete the installation process.
- To get the driver from our website, click on link, and directed to the page where you can get the latest driver for your printer.
- Make sure that the driver available is suitable for your computer’s operating system version.
- Select the Full Feature Driver if you want to get best results out of your printer. You can also choose the basic driver option, if needed.
- To download the manual for your printer, get directed to our website. The manual for your printer has a set of all necessary instructions required to setup and troubleshoot your printer.
Ink cartridge replacement
When the issue of the printer is due to the installed ink cartridge, your printer might show an alert message and fail to carry out the printer function. Check out our instructions and know how to replace the ink cartridge if it experiences any issues.
- Power on your printer and open the ink cartridge access door of the printer. You can see the carriage movement now. Hold on until the carriage settles in a place.
- Push the top of the ink cartridge and remove it from the slot. Now take a new ink cartridge from the packing material.
- Eliminate the small orange tab on the ink cartridge in order to remove all the packing materials and packing tapes on it.
- Ratify that you touch only the black plastic part of the ink cartridge. Maintaining contact with the copper-colored contacts, would lead to ink clogs.
- Place the newly bought ink cartridge in the slot where you have removed the faulty cartridge from. Print a test page and check if the issue is resolved and the printer is printing properly.
When the printer experiences any issue, certain measures have to be taken to bring back the printer function. We offer the simple instructions and troubleshooting tips for all your printer issues.
Printhead problem error
- When the issue is because of the printhead, the printer shows an error message on the control panel as Ink cartridge problem, Incompatible Ink cartridge, or Ink Cartridge Failure.
- If not a proper ink cartridge is used, the printer would show you this issue.
- Improper installed ink cartridges are also one of the causes for the printhead issue. In such cases, reinserting of ink cartridges would help you resolve the issue.
- Make sure that the cartridge contacts are free from dirt and dust.
- Take out the installed cartridges from the slot, clean it, and replace it.
- When none of the solutions help you resolve the issue, reset the printer.
Black or color ink not printing
- When the quality of the print is not met or if you find any streaked or faded printouts, you can make use of the below instructions to resolve the issue.
- This kind of issue is experienced by the printer, when you use ingeniune ink cartridge for printing purpose.
- If the installed ink cartridge is below normal or if the quantity of ink present is insufficient to complete the assigned print job, the issue occurs. Estimating the ink level would help you to avoid such kind of issue.
- If the installed printhead is not clean, the printer faces this kind of issue. To clean the printhead, choose the Setup icon in the printer’s control panel and get directed to the Printer Maintenance option.
- Select the Clean Printhead option and click on the Continue button and wait until the test page is printed.
- If you find the issue with the printhead, replace it and then to print a test print.
Paper jam error
- When the paper jam issue is displayed, boot up the printer. To boot up the printer, power off the printer and remove the power cord.
- Leave for a while and then switch on the printer. Try to print. If the issue is not cleared, proceed with the further steps.
- Check if any jammed paper is present. Ratify that no bits of paper are found. To check this power off your printer and disconnect all the wires and cables from the printer.
- Drag the input tray of the printer out and eliminate the jammed paper from the input tray.
- Ratify that you don’t leave any bits or pieces of paper inside the printer.
- Once it is done, close the input paper tray and open the ink cartridge access door of the printer.
- Scrutinize if ink carriage path is free from the jammed paper. If any is found, remove it carefully.
- For any details, give us a call on the toll- free number.