123.hp.com setup 8710 Printer
The HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer has the capability to Print, Copy, Scan, and fax your document or photo from any place, at any time with its wireless printing feature. Complete your print job effortlessly with the Automatic duplex printing feature as well as it reduces the usage of a paper by 50%.
Make use of the mobile printing feature to print the desired document or photo from anywhere. Speed through your scanning and copying process with the 50-sheets Automatic Document Feeder. You have a flexible connectivity option with this printer: USB, Ethernet, and Wireless connection. It is an Energy Star Certified printer which means the printer saves the energy without compromising its performance.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Specifications
- Printer’s print speed for black is up to 22ppm and for color is up to 18ppm.
- Paper handling capacity: The input tray capacity is up to 250-sheets and the output tray is up to 150-sheets.
- The HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer works with both Windows and Mac operating system.
- Mobile printing capability: HP ePrint, AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, and HP Smart app.
- With the Wireless Direct Printing option, you can even print your document without a network.
- Print, Copy, Scan, Fax
- Windows, Linux & Mac Compatible
- Wired and wireless connection
- Support different paper sizes
- Photo quality is below standard
- A bit pricey
- Cartridge fixing is little hard
- Mobile printing
- Automatic Duplex printing
- Border less Printing
- Automatic paper sensor
Setting up the printer is the most important process, where all the printer user come across. The printer setup includes both hardware and software. Make use of the procedures that are displayed on this website to easily set up the HP Officejet Pro 8710 for the first time. Prep your printer ready to print a document.
Each operating system has a unique driver. Prior to downloading the driver, check the OS and printer compatibility and start downloading it. It is suggested to download the latest printer driver and software. Click on the Driver Download option from this website to get a driver for the printer.
Are you looking for a manual to setup and troubleshoot the printer? Just get directed to our website and get a manual for your printer model. The manual also provides information about your printer and also the maintenance tips for the printer. Click on the Manual download option that is given below to avail the manual for the printer.
First time printer setup
- Unpack the printer and its components from the packing material and then unwrap all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Place a plain white paper into the printer’s input tray. Ensure that the papers are compatible with the printer.
- It is advisable not to overfill the input tray of the printer. Plug-in the power cord to the posterior side of the printer and then link the other end of the cable to an electrical outlet.
- Remove a new cartridge from its packing material and then peel off all the tapes from it.
- Ensure that you do not touch the electrical contacts of the cartridge.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door. Place the color ink into the left side of the slot and then insert the black ink into the right side of the slot.
- Once you’re done, lock the cartridge access door. Download and install the updated driver and software for the printer.
Wired network setup
A Wired network is secure and faster than a Wireless network. Download and install the updated driver and software on the computer to setup the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer on a Wired network connection. Get your printer ready to print a document by following the procedures that are given below.
Steps to copy a document or photo
- Ensure that your system is linked to the router, switch or hub, in case it is not previously connected.
- Get an Ethernet cable. Ensure that you do not use telephone cable.
- Power on the printer. Take off any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the posterior side of the printer.
- Link the Ethernet cable to the printer’s port, and then connect the other end of the cable to an available port on the router, hub, or switch.
- Download the latest printer driver and software. For Windows operating system, you have to download the .exe file type.
- After completing the download process, install it on the computer where you have saved the documents for Printing, Copying, Scanning, or Faxing.
- During the installation, you are instructed to choose the connection type. Select Wired (Ethernet) as the connection type.
- Follow the on-screen guides and complete the installation successfully.
- Now, your printer is ready to print a document. Try printing a sample document using the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer.
- Check whether that you have a network router, switch, or hub with an available Ethernet port.
- Connect the computer to the router, switch, or hub, in case it is not connected previously.
- Acquire an Ethernet cable. Ensure that you do not use a standard telephone cable.
- Power up the printer. Unlink any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the posterior side of the printer.
- Plug-in the Ethernet cable to the printer’s port and then link the other end of the cable to an accessible port on the router, switch, or hub.
- For Mac operating system, download the .dmg file type. Once completing the download process, install it on the system.
- During the installation process, you will be instructed to choose the connection type. Select Wired (Ethernet) as the connection type.
- Complete the installation successfully by following the instructions that are displayed on the screen.
HP Officejet 8710 Scan
With the wireless printing, complete your print job easily by printing a document on the go. All you need to do is, connect the printer and computer/mobile to the same wireless network connection. Make use of the instructions that are displayed on the screen to connect the printer and computer wirelessly.
Step 1: Prep for the installation process
- Before starting the process, gather the required wireless network name and the password.
- Check whether that the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer and the computer are connected to the same wireless network connection.
- Switch on the printer, computer and router. During the setup process, place the printer and computer closer and within the range of the router.
- Unplug any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Link the printer to the wireless network
- From the printer’s control panel home screen, access the Dashboard and then click on the Wireless icon.
- Select the Setup icon, click Wireless Settings and then choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network name from the list of available networks, and then choose Ok.
- In case the list doesn’t contain your network name, select Enter New Network Name and then use the on-screen guides to index your network name.
- If urged, index the WEP or WPA key and then click Done. Select Ok to return to the home screen.
Step 3: Download and install the printer driver
- Look for Driver Download option from this website and click on it.
- Once completing the download process, you have to install the downloaded .exe setup file on the computer.
- During the installation process, choose Wireless as the connection type and complete the installation.
Step 1: Make an arrangement for the installation
- Gather the network name and password to connect the printer and computer over a wireless network connection.
- Power up the computer, router and the printer. Check whether that the computer and printer are connected to the same wireless network connection.
- During the setup process, position all the network connected devices at a closer distance to maintain the wireless signal strength.
Step 2: Connect the printer to the wireless network
- From the control panel of the printer, open the Dashboard and then select the Wireless icon.
- Select the Setup icon and click on the Wireless Settings option.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard, select the network name from the list and click Ok.
Step 3: Download and install the printer software
- Find the Driver Download option from this website and select it. Install it on the computer by following the on-screen guides.
How to print a document or photo
Are you searching the guides to print a document or photo using the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer? Have a glance at the steps that are listed below to print the desired document or photo.
How to print document
- Print the required documents from a Windows computer and then modify any related print job settings by accessing the print window.
- Prior to printing a document, if required, you can edit the document by altering text font and size and other appearance settings.
- From the app you have created the document in, select the File menu and click on the Print option to access the basic print settings.
- You can access the layout, quality, and advanced print settings by choosing the Printer Properties or Preferences options.
- If required, alter the layout and paper settings. The Menu names and the settings might vary by printer.
- To get the best printing results, you can modify quality and color settings. Once modifying all the settings, select Ok and then select Print.
How to print photo
Use the correct paper type and print job settings to print a photo from a Windows computer.
Step 1: Place photo paper into the input tray
- Insert the paper into the printer’s input tray. Based on the printer type, place the short edge of the photo paper into the printer’s tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides so they rest against the edge of the paper properly.
Step 2: Print the required photo
- To set up the printer’s print job, you have to open the print window and document properties.
- Before printing a photo, you can edit the photo to improvise the colors, brightness, contrast and any other settings.
- Right-click the photo that you want to print, select Open with and then choose Windows Photo Viewer or Paint.
- Click Print, or select File or the menu icon, and then choose Print.
How to copy a document or photo
Use the HP Officejet pro 8710 printer to make enormous copies of the printed documents and photos. Make use of the procedures that are given below to copy the desired document or photo.
Step 1: Positioning the original document
- You easily copy document, photo and ID cards from the control panel of the printer and access available copy settings.
- Place the document or photo in the automatic document feeder or in the scanner glass.
- It is advisable not to place photos in the ADF to avoid damage to the photos and the printer.
Step 2: Copy a document
- Select Copy, Copy Document or Copy Photo on the printer’s control panel and then choose any available basic settings.
- Click on Settings or the gear icon to modify advance copy settings.
- Based on the printer, choose Start and then select Start Black, Start Color, or Ok to initiate the copy job.
Scan using HP Software
- Open the HP Solution Center software in your system and then move to next step.
- Select Scan Document or Scan Picture to access available scan shortcuts and settings.
- Choose one of the shortcuts that correspond to the file type and resulting action.
- If required, you can also modify any of the shortcut default settings from the right side of the window.
- Select Save to file Save Options to modify the folder where the scanned documents are saved.
- Choose Scan. The printer starts to scan the document or photo and you can view the scan preview on the computer.
HP Officejet 8710 Printer Troubleshooting
When you find that your printer doesn’t work well, you have to fix and resolve the issue. Are you looking for the troubleshooting guides for the printer? Make use of the tips that are given on this website and get your printer ready to print.
In some cases, when you try to print a document or photo, you might receive a printer offline message at the printer’s control panel which affects your print job. Go through the steps that are listed below to resolve the printer issue.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to easily fix and resolve the connection issue.
- For a Wireless connection: Ensure that the printer and computer are connected to the same wireless network connection.
- Position all the network connected devices at a minimum distance to maintain wireless signal strength.
- For a Wired connection: Check whether that the cables are plugged properly into the device port.
- It is recommended to update the printer firmware regularly. Always download and install the latest driver and software for the printer.
- For more information, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
Tips to manually solve the problem
- Fix the default printer and unpause the printing.
- Reset your printer and then check the connection status.
- Ensure that the correct port is selected.
- Try to connect your printer to the network manually.
- Add an additional printer to Windows.
- Using HP Printer Assistant reinstall your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8710 printer.
If you still detect the problem in your printer. Cool, Ring us on our toll-free 1-888-249-8496, our technical support will guide you to solve the problem and make your printer ready to print your desired documents.Finding and Fixing Problems screen get displayed.
USB Scanner connection error
When you attempt to scan the desired document or photo, in some cases, you might find an issue. Have a glance at the procedures that are given below to resolve the scan issue.
Step 1: Rebooting the printer and computer
In some situations, rebooting the printer and computer might help you restore a lost scan connection.
Step 2: Verify the USB connection
Check whether that the cable is connected properly to the device’s port.
If the cables are linked properly, try to use a different USB cable to connect the printer and computer.
Step 2: Scrutinize the USB connection
- Plug the cable into a different USB port on your system.
- In case you linked the printer via a USB hub or a docking station, try to connect the cable directly to a port on the system.
- Make use of a different USB cable.
- Disconnect the USB cable that is not in use.
In case eliminating other devices rectified the issue, then install the powered hub to link several USB devices.
Attempt to scan your document. If the error still exists, follow the next step.