123.hp.com setup 8720 PRINTER SETUP
Avail the professional quality printouts and vibrant colours from the Officejet Pro 8720 printer. Get the Automatic two-sided printing option from the printer without flipping the pages now and then. Print your photos without trimming the edges of the printer using the Borderless printing option. Get the expected outputs from the Officejet Pro 8720 printer and then manage and control the printing system from the control panel of the printer.
- Handle more than 250 sheets of paper using the high-capacity paper tray. This reduces the work of loading paper often.
- Send and print your documents or photos wirelessly without connecting to a wireless network.
- Send your scanned documents to the printer’s email address using the Scan to email feature.
Setting your 123 HP Ojp8720 Printer Hardware for the first time
When you purchase the printer for the first time, it is necessary to set up it . Without doing it, you cannot start the printing process. Follow the steps below to start the setup process.
Step 1: Unbox the printer
- The first step for the printer setup is to open the box and view the list of contents in it. The contents can be ink cartridges, setup poster, user guide and a software installation CD.
- Take all the contents from the box and keep them aside. Remove the printer from the box. Discard all the packing materials surrounding it. Place the printer on a flat surface for proper functioning.
Step 2: Establish the power connection
- You can find a power cable in the box. Using it, connect the cable to the rear of the printer and to the wall socket. Press the power button to turn on the Officejet Pro 8720 printer.
Step 3: Insert the paper into the input tray
- Feed plain sheets of paper into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides against the edges of the paper. Do not bend the edges while adjusting the guides. In certain cases, it may lead to paper jam issue.
Step 4: Install the ink cartridges
- Take out the ink cartridges from the box. Install them into their respective positions. You should remove the protective tape on the top of it. Now, the printer starts printing an alignment page automatically.
Software and driver installation
You can use two methods to install the driver in the system. One method is to use a software installation CD and the other one is to download the upgraded one. Follow the steps below to start the installation process
Step 1: Use a software installation CD
- You can see a software installation CD in the printer’s shipment box. This helps you to install the driver for the printer. You can view the setup files based on the OS .
- We provide instructions on how to install the driver using the CD. Take out the CD from the package and place it on the disk drive located on the system’s CPU.
Step 2: Setup files for your Operating Systems
- In case you have a Windows OS, then the setup file is in .exe format. For a Mac system, the setup file is in .dmg format. Select the Setup file in the disc and start the installation.
- In most cases, the CD does not contain the updated version of the driver. To get the updated one, visit our website or call us to install the driver in your system.
With the help of Officejet Pro 8720 All-in-one Printer, you can easily print, scan, copy and fax. Make use of the information below to know the features of the printer.
Prior to starting the print job, switch on the devices. Connect the printer to a system where the document or photo is stored. Select the photo or document from the system. Do the required changes. Then, start the printing process.
Copying is done when you need to take hard copies of a document or photo. You can take the copies in black and white or color based on the user’s requirements. If you can any issues while copying,reach our technical team to fix it.
Take the original hard copy of the document or photo and keep it on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder. After making the necessary changes in the scan settings, begin the scan job. Any issues while scanning, call our technical support team to solve it.
Faxing is the process of sending documents electronically with the help of telephone networks. You can send only one document at a time. You can send a fax only if the receiver device is fax capable. Configure the fax in your system and start using the fax feature.
How to print a document
If you have stored the document you wish to print in your system, connect the system to the printer. Switch on all devices. To start the printing process, follow the steps below
- Place the document into the input tray. Adjust the paper width guides against the edges of the paper. While adjusting, ensure that the edges of the paper are not bent.
- In the system, open the document or photo you intend to print. It is necessary to adjust the print settings prior to starting the printing process.
- Open the document using the application installed in the system. Select File ->Print. Make the required changes in the print settings. Select OK and then start printing.
Print photos from the Windows system, by employing the precise paper type and print job settings.
Step 1: Photo paper is loaded into the main feeder tray
- The paper is inserted into the main feeder tray. Load the paper into the correct tray by noticing your paper type and location of the tray for the paper you are going to use.
- All other sheets are taken out from feeder tray.
- Fit the short edge of the photo paper into the tray based on your 123.HP.Com Ojpro8720 printer type.
- The paper width guides are adjusted so rest against the edges of the paper.Sample for printer Document Properties window with settings option and the advanced settings option
You can use various applications to view a photo stored in the system. If you wish to print it, it is necessary to connect the printing device to the system. After connecting, switch on the devices. Make use of the steps below to start the photo printing process.
Step 1: Load Photo paper into the main tray
- Insert the photo paper into the input tray. In case the printer has a photo tray, insert the paper into it. Insert with the short edge of the paper moving into the printer. Move the paper width guides against the edge of the paper.
Step 2: Start the printing process
- To open the photo, right-click on it and then select the Open With option to choose the application to open it. Select File->Print. If you wish to make the necessary changes in the document, do it. Select OK to start the printing process
Copying photos or documents on your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer
You can take number of copies of a single photo with the help of the Copy feature. When you take copies of a single photo, you can make any changes in the copy settings and then start copying. Follow the steps below to start the copy process.
Step 1: Inserting the photos or documents
- Switch on the printer. Feed plain sheets of document into the Automatic Document Feeder or on the scanner glass based on the printer features.
- It is advised to not to insert photos into the Automatic Document Feeder. This may result in damage of photos or printer.
Step 2: Copy the document
- On the control panel of the printer, tap Copy. Choose the number of copies by pressing the arrows up and down or using the keypad icon.
- Tap Settings. You are required to make necessary changes in the copy settings. Once you are done with the step, tap Start Black or Start Color to begin the copy job.
Scan using HP Scan Software
Scan using scan software
Prior to starting the scan job, it is necessary to download the scan compatible printer driver from our website to start the scan job. In case the driver is not compatible, you will not be able to scan. Follow the steps below to start the scan job.
- Keep the document or photo on the scanner glass or into the Automatic Document Feeder based on the printer features. To avoid the photo damage, use the scanner glass.
- In Windows, type the printer model number. Select the printer’s name from the results. In case the printer’s name is not enlisted, download the driver from our website.
- After downloading the driver, install it. Use the Scan software to start the scan job. Launch the HP Scan software. In the screen, select the document or photo you wish to print.
- Press the Scan option. Do the necessary changes to the file type and scan settings. Press the Scan icon to start the scan job. Now, the scanned document gets stored in the folder.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer – Fax Setup
At most times, the faxes include the general information regarding the fax number and fax name. To get all the information, you need to configure the fax machine. Follow the steps below to configure the printer to send or receive faxes
- You can use a scanner glass or Automatic Document Feeder to send a fax. Based on the user’s requirements, you can send it.
- Make use of a standard telephone cable to configure the fax feature to the printer. In case you do not have a cable, use the cable with a connector with two wires in it.
- Connect one end of the cable to the rear of the printer refereed as 1-LINE and the other end is connected to the port in the phone jack refereed as 2-EXT.
- Do necessary changes by including the contacts, setting the ring volume, adding the fax header and other settings from the control panel of the printer.
- After doing the necessary changes, try to print a fax test report to examine whether the fax has configured properly.
Print using Android smartphones
Nowadays, most printers use the mobile printing solutions to print from the mobile device. Install a compatible plugin or app in your mobile device.With the help of the app or Plugin, you can start to print from the mobile device.
Step 1: Organize the prerequisites
- Switch on the printer and the mobile device.Connect both devices to the same wireless network. The mobile device is compatible with OS 4.0 or later versions.
- Activate the Wi-Fi Direct feature on the printer and mobile device. Download and install the HP Print Service Plugin to start the print job.
Step 2: Install the HP Print Service Plugin
- Move to the Google Play Store or App Store.Type the Plugin app. Select it and start the installation process. Once the installation is completed, open the plugin.
- In case you are installing it for the first time, you get notifications regarding the installation in the Notifications dashboard.
Step 3: Print using HP Print Service Plugin
- Open the document or photo you intend to print on your mobile phones. Tap the Menu icon. Select Print. You can view a print preview screen.
- Choose the name of the printer from the list of available devices. You can make required changes in the print settings and then start printing
Step 3: Carry out print using HP Print Service Plugin
Photos, documents, emails, or web pages can be printed from your Android mobile.
- The file that you need to print is accessed, touch the menu icon , and then touch Print.This prompts a print preview display.
- Followed by Select a Printer, touch the down arrow to look at the printer list, and then choose your 123 HP Ojp8720 printer:
- Choose HP [model name of your printer] from the printers list to print over a network.
- Pick Direct – xx – HP [model name of your printer] from the printers list to print over Wi-Fi Direct.
FIGURE:HP PRINT SERVICE PLUGIN
- Connected using Wi-Fi Direct.
- Connect to a Network.
- If you want to modify any print settings, then touch the Down arrow , and then touch the Print symbol.
Print using AiO Remote App
HP AiO Remote app is now commonly known as HP Smart App. Try to install the app on your mobile device. Configure the app with your printer to start the printing process.
Step 1: Set up the HP Smart App
- Move to the Windows store to download the HP Smart App. Make use of the on-screen prompts to download and install the app.
- In case the printer is connected to a network, the app detects the printer’s name and select it automatically. In case there are multiple devices, select your printer’s name from it.
Step 2: Use the HP Smart App
- On the HP Smart App screen, select the Print option and then select Print Documents or Print Photos. Choose your document from the folder and then select Print.
- You can view a print preview screen. Choose the printer’s name from the list. On the screen, select Print. Now, the printer prints the document or photo.