HP OFFICEJET h470 PRINTER SETUP
The HP Officejet H470 is a compact mobile printer. The printer has both the black and tri-color cartridge. Get excellent quality photographs with the HP Officejet H470 printer. Print your document from wherever you are. The printer’s connectivity option: Wireless, Bluetooth, and USB.
- The printer’s print speed for black is up to 22ppm and for color is up to 18ppm.
- This printer is an Energy Star Certified printer which means the printer saves energy without compromising its performance.
- The HP Officejet H470 printer produces high-resolution 1200 x 1200 dpi for Black-and-white prints and 4800 dpi for color prints.
- The HP Officejet H470 printer has a 50-sheet foldable input paper tray and a manual duplexer.
- Complete your print job faster and increases the productivity with the mobile printer.
- Print your document from a variety of mobile devices like a notebook, digital camera or memory card using the printers USB port.
LIST OF PRINTER ISSUES
- An ink cartridge issue
- Printer Offline for Windows and Mac
- Carriage jam issue
- Mobile printer setup fails
- Printer not found during network driver setup
- Find your WEP, WPA for Windows and Mac
- Paper mismatch error for Windows and Mac
- Printer firmware update
- Slow printing issue
- Print job stuck in print queue
FIRST TIME PRINTER SETUP
Once you buy a new printer, you have to set it up. Are you looking the guides to setup the printer? Use the procedures that are given below to easily set up the HP Officejet H470 printer.
Step 1: Unpack the printer from the shipment box
- Take off a new printer from the packing material. Remove all the tapes and stickers from it.
- Ensure that you have received all the printer components.
Step 2: Connect the power cord and set the preferences
- Plug-in the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then connect the other end of the power cord into the socket.
- Turn on the HP Officejet H470 printer.
- From the printer’s control panel, click on the arrow buttons to select the preferred language and country or region, and then click OK.
Step 3: Load paper into the input tray
- Prior to inserting the paper, ensure that the papers are compatible with the printer.
- Align the paper and then insert into the printer’s input tray. Do not overfill the papers inside the tray.
Step 4: Ink cartridge installation
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Insert the black ink cartridge into the right side of the slot and then place the color ink cartridge into the left side of the slot.
- After inserting the cartridges, lock the cartridge access door.
Step 5: Download and install the printer driver.
- Based on the printer compatibility, download and install the driver and software on the computer.
USB printer setup
Use a USB cable to connect the HP Officejet H470 printer and computer. Make use of the procedures that are given below to easily setup the printer.
Step 1: Check the pre-requisites
- Power on the HP Officejet H470 printer. Get a USB cable that is less than 3 m in length.
- In case you connect via a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not receive sufficient power to properly well
- Unplug the printer’s USB cable from the computer. Do not re-plug the cable until instructed during the driver installation.
- Find Devices from Windows and then select the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the results.
- Click Remove device. If you find multiple icons exist for the printer, you have eliminate them all.
Step 2: Install the printer software
- Based on the operating system, the driver gets varied. For Windows OS, download the .exe file type.
- After downloading the driver, install it on the computer by following the on-screen guides.
Step 1: Prep for the printer setup
- Power on the HP Officejet H470 printer. Acquire a USB cable less than 3 m in length.
- If you connect through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not get enough power to operate.
- Unplug the printer USB cable from the system. Do not re-connect the cable until instructed during the driver installation process.
Step 2: Download the latest driver
- For Mac operating system, download the .dmg file type. After completing the download process, start to install it on the computer where you have saved the documents for printing.
- During the installation, you are prompted to select the connection type. Choose wireless as the connection type.
- Use the instructions that are displayed on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Try to print a sample document using the printer to check its performance.
- For any queries, contact our technical support team at the toll-free number.
How to create custom paper sizes
Make use of the instructions that are given below that might help you to create custom paper sizes for both Windows and Mac operating system.
Step 1: Create a custom paper size
- Find Devices from Windows and then choose Devices and Printers in the list of results.
- Click on the printer icon and select Print server properties.
- If you find the User Account Control window, click Continue.
- From the formula tab, select Create a new form checkbox and then provide a name for the new paper size in Form name.
- Choose Metric or English, and then key in the dimensions of your custom paper in the Width and Height text boxes.
- After completing it, choose Save Form and then select OK or Close.
Step 2: Select the new custom paper size
- Insert the custom-size paper into the printer’s input tray. Select the document that you want to print.
- Click on File and then select Print.
- From Print window, choose Preferences, Properties, or Printer Properties. Click on the Paper or Quality tab.
- Based on the needs, select the new custom paper size from the Paper Size drop-down menu.
Step 1: Create a custom paper size
- In Mac device, you have to create a new custom paper size, and then select the new size for the print job. Choose a method to create a custom paper size that is on the File menu options in your application. If your File menu contains both a Page Setup and a Print option, choose the Page Setup option.
Step 2: Create a custom paper size from the page setup option
- Load the custom-size paper into the input tray. Select the document that you want to print.
- Choose File and then select the Page Setup option. From Paper Size, select Manage Custom Sizes.
- The Custom Paper Sizes window gets displayed. From the Custom Paper Size window, click on the plus sign to create a new paper size, Double-click on the default untitled name, and then index a new name for the custom paper size. Click Ok.
- From the Page Setup window, select the new custom paper size, and then click on Ok.
Printing with a USB OTG cable
Print your document from your Android device with a USB OTG cable connected to the printer. Make use of the guides to print your document easily.
Step 1: Check the requirements
- Make sure that the 123.hp.com ojh470 printer hardware is installed properly.
- You have to install the HP Printer Service Plugin on your Android device.
- Get a USB and USB OTG cable. The USB OTG cable contains a USB port on one end and a micro-USB on the other end.
Step 2: Connect the USB OTG cable to the printer and Android device
- Power on the HP Officejet H470 printer and then connect one end of a USB cable to the USB port on the posterior side of the printer and the other side of the USB cable into the USB port on the OTG cable.
- Connect the micro-USB connector of the OTG cable into the micro-USB port on the Android device.
- The HP Print Service Plugin window gets displayed on the Android device.
- Click OK to enable the HP Print Service Plugin.
Mobile printer setup fails
When you cannot finish the setup process on your Android device, you have to fix and resolve the issue. Make use of the steps that are given below to resolve the issues.
Step1: Check the network status
- For a Wired network connection, check whether you have connected the cables properly to the device’s port.
- For a Wireless network connection, ensure that you have used the same wireless network connection to connect the printer and computer.
- Place all the network connected devices at a minimum distance to maintain the wireless signal strength.
Step 2: Configure your printer with the HP Smart app again
- From the HP Smart app home screen, click on the plus sign to view the printer list.
- If you find your printer is listed in the printer’s list, choose your printer and then use the on-screen guides to set up the printer.
- To avail more information, contact our technical experts at the toll-free number.
How to print and scan from the HP Aio Printer Remote app
Use the HP AiO Printer Remote app to easily set up your printer on a wireless network. You can use the app to print, scan, and troubleshoot the printer issues.
Step 1: Install the HP Smart app
- For Android: Ensure that the printer and Android device are connected to the same wireless network connection.
- Download the HP Smart app from Google Play Store and install it on your Android device.
- After completing the installation, open the app and then click Start.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and then choose Continue. Click on the plus sign on the app home screen.
- The app searches for the printers that are connected to the network.
- For Apple iOS device: Make sure that the printer and Apple iOS device are connected to the same wireless network connection.
- Download the HP Smart app from App Store and install it on your Apple iOS device.
- After completing the installation, open the app and then choose Start. Agree to the Terms and Conditions and then click Continue.
Step 2: Print a Document
- Access the HP Smart app–>Print Documents–> Print Photos or choose the Cloud Storage or social media account.
- Choose the document or photo that you want to print. A preview of the document gets displayed. Click Print.
Paper doesn’t feed from the input tray
The HP Officejet H470 printer does not pick up or feed the paper from the printer’s tray. Here are the guides that might help you to resolve the issue.
Step 1: Reboot the printer
- In some of the cases, rebooting the printer might help you to resolve a paper feed issue.
Step 2: Check the paper condition and reload it
- Remove the paper from the tray. Make sure that there is no obstruction inside the tray.
- Check the paper condition. The size and type of the paper must be compatible with the printer.
- After checking it, reload the paper inside the input tray. Do not overfill the papers inside the input tray.
Step 3: Clean the paper feed roller
- Sometimes, dust or debris might accumulate on the paper feed roller. This causes the paper feed issue.
- Ensure that the paper feed roller is clean. It is advisable to clean the roller periodically.