123.HP.COM DJ2541 SPECIFICATION
Low-cost all-in-ones have usually been USB only and intended for simple PC to printer connections. With the cumulative use of mobile phones and tablets, this paradigm doesn’t work as well, so numerous wireless technologies have been built into the 123.HP.Com dj2541.
The easily rounded edges give a compact feel to the machine, though it’s fairly tall for an all-in-one with no Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
The control panel contains six buttons set into the top of the case, along with three indicator led’s and an LCD panel which has icons for wireless asset and a counter for copy numbers.A single USB socket at the back of the printer is the only cabled connection, but you lose much of the device’s functionality if you don’t link wirelessly.
The output tray grips up to 30 sheets of paper, 5 envelopes, 10 index cards and 10 photo papers. The volume of input and output tray is at par with any budget printer.
- ePrint, AirPrint and Wireless Direct
- Standard and high-profit cartridges
- Fast wireless connection
- Scan to mobile device
USB Scanner Connection Error (Windows & Mac)
Step 1 : Reboot the computer and printer
- Switch off the 123.HP.Com dj2541 printer.
- Ensure that the printer power cord links directly to an electrical socket and not through a surge protector or power strip.
- Shutdown all running apps on your computer, then switch off the computer.
- Switch on the printer & computer & attempt to scan.
Step 2 : Examine the USB connection
Relink the USB cable straight to a different port on the computer. If problems proceed, release all other devices from any of the other USB ports and use a different USB cable to link the printer.
- Link to a different USB port: Link the cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- Detach from a USB hub or docking station: If you linked the printer through a USB hub or docking station, attempt linking the cable directly to a port on the computer.
- Detach other USB devices: If you have numerous USB-connected devices, the computer may not have adequate power for the USB ports to notice all of them. Separate other USB devices that are not in usage.
Step 3 : Install the Print and Scan Doctor—-Windows
- On the desktop open the tool Scan & doctor.
- Select Start on the Welcome screen.
- Choose your printer, and then select Next.
- The Finding and Fixing Problems screen exhibits.
- Select Fix Scanning.
Step 4 : Remove the printer software
- If your printer links to the computer with a USB cable, detach the cable from the 123.HP.Com dj2541 printer and browse in windows for programs and
- In the list of downloaded programs, select your printer name, then choose Uninstall or Yes.
- Track the on-screen instructions to finish the software removal.
- Reboot the computer & go to the next step.
Step 5 : Monitor for any installed printer devices in Windows
- Browse Windows for devices, then select Device and Printers in the list of results.
- If a device icon is displayed in the list of printers for your printer, right-click the icon and choose Remove Device.
- Switch off the printer and restart the computer.
Step 6 : Install the software again
- Switch on the 123.HP.Com dj2541 printer.
- Select Download and install it, to manually open the driver file over internet browsers download tools.
- During the installation, choose the Typical or Recommended type of installation when impelled by the software installer.
Step 7 : Examine Windows Image Acquisition settings
- Browse Windows for view local services, then select the View local services Control panel setting in the list of options.
- The Services window displays.
- Look in Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) in the Name column and view at the Status and Startup type values.
- If the status is ‘Started’ and the Startup type is ‘Automatic’, WIA is running properly.
- If the status is ‘Disabled’, click Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), select Properties, choose the General tab, select Start under the Service status, then choose Automatic from the Startup type dropdown
Step 8 : Fix Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) dependencies
- Browse in Windows for Command Prompt.
- Click Command Promptfrom the option of search results, and then choose Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt window, type Net stop stisvc, and then click Enter.
- A Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service was stopped successfully message shows.
- In the Command Prompt window, type Sc config std svc depend= rpcss/ShellHWDetection, and then select Enter.
- A [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS message exhibits.
- In the Command Prompt window, enter Net start stisvc, and then click Enter
- A Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service was started positively, message exhibits.
- Attempt to scan.
USB Scanner Connection Error (Mac)
Step 1 & Step 2 are same as above.
Step 3 : Eliminate and re-add the printer to the Mac.
- Browse the Mac for Print, and then select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners in the list of options.
- Examine if the name of your printer exhibits in the Printers Do one of the following steps, reliant to if the printer is listed or not.
- If your printer is listed, eliminate and re-add the printer to check communication and that the precise driver is used. Select the name of your 123.HP.Com dj2541 printer, choose the minus sign, then remove the printer. Once the printer is detached, select the plus sign, choose Add Printer or Scanner, select the name of your printer, then proceed with the remaining steps.
- If your printer is not listed, choose the plus sign, select Add Printer or Scanner, choose the name of your 123.HP.Com dj2541 printer, then proceed with the remaining steps.
- Select the Use or Print Using box, then choose the name of your printer in the pop-up menu.
- Select Add to add the printer to the list.
- Shut the System Preferences window and attempt to scan.
Step 4 : Remove the printer driver and software
- Separate the HP DEskjet 2541 printer USB cable from the Mac.
- On the desktop, select Macintosh HD, choose Applications, then select the Hewlett-Packard or HP
- Select HP Uninstaller, then track the on-screen instructions to eliminate the software from the computer.
- In Macintosh HD, select the Library folder, then select the Printers
- Ctrl + click the HP folder, and then choose Move to Trash.
- Click the PPDs folder, double-click the Contents folder, then click the Resources
- Ctrl + click your 123.HP.Com dj2541 printer in the option, then choose Move to Trash.
- Select the Trash icon on the Dock, then choose the Empty
- Select the Apple menu, then choose System Preferences.
- Liable to your operating system, select Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
- In the Printers list, choose your printer, then select the Minus button to delete the printer.
Step 5 : Download the latest drivers and software again
Download the latest print and scan drivers to resolute scanning issues. Liable to your printer and the operating system installed on your Mac, scanning might no longer work from the printer’s control panel.
- Switch on the 123.HP.Com dj2541 printer.
- If your printer is linked to the computer with a USB cable, detach the cable from the computer.
- If urged, choose a method to identify your printer model.
- Access the Downloads folder, then open the HP Easy Start file or the full feature driver .dmg file to start the installation.
- Select the name of your printer, choose the Use or Print Using menu, tap the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, then select Add.
Step 6 : Attempt other scanning solutions
Contingent to your printer and the installed driver, the scan button on the printer control panel might not work. This does not mean your printer is impotent to scan.
Step 7 : Rearrange the print system
- Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, then select Reset printing .
- Choose Reset in the confirmation window.
- Type the Administrator name and password, then select OK.
- Wait for the printing system to reset. When complete, no printers should display in the list.
- Try installing the HP driver and software again, then add the printer to the Mac.
- Try to scan.
- Double-click to edit.