DESKJET 3515 PRINTER SETUP
It is an 123.hp.com dj3515 e-All-in-one printer that contains more than the basic features of a printer such as print, scan and copy. With a glossy design, it attracts home users to fulfill their printing essentials. One of the best and fastest photo printers at its best price with a steady printing speed. It comes with an Automatic Document Feeder that helps in conserving your time and energy while printing. It supports mobile printing applications such as ePrint and AirPrint, web-connected features and networking options that consist of Wireless and Wireless Direct.
- HP ePrint & ePrint App and AirPrint.
- Mopria certified printer.
- Wireless, USB and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity.
- A multi-function printer with print, copy and scan function.
Steps to be followed if you receive the Cartridges Missing or Ink Cartridges Problem message on your printer’s control panel.
Step 1 : Check if you are using compatible ink cartridges on your 123.hp.com dj3515 printer.
- Ensure that you have original and compatible ink cartridges installed in your printer.
- To order genuine ink cartridges, visit HP SureSupply and also check the ink or toner cartridge compatibility with the printer.
- If the error message disappears after using the cartridges produced by the printer manufacturer, then troubleshooting can be stopped.
Step 2 : Examine the positioning of the ink cartridges as it might display an error if not installed properly.
- The 123.hp.com dj3515 printer should be turned on if it is not previously ON.
- Keep two of your fingers beneath the small handles on the sides of the access door of the ink cartridge to open it and then lift it up.
- When the Door Open window pops-up on the control panel of the printer screening The ink cartridge door is open, shut the door and move on to the next.
- Let-off the ink cartridges by slightly pressing down on any one of it. Grab the ink cartridge towards you from its slot.
- Clear away the protective tape if any, on the nozzles of the new ink cartridge.
- Slip the ink cartridge into the empty slot and place it, and then slowly move it forward so that it firmly clicks into the slot.
- Force in the tri-color ink cartridge into the left slot and the black into the right slot.
- These steps should be replicated to take out, examine and replace the other ink cartridge as well.
- Shut the door of the ink cartridge. Check if the door is fully closed, else the Door Open message appears on the screen instructing you that The cover or door must be closed to print.
- Once it is done, the message is cleared and the printer gets back to the Home screen. Go ahead with the next step if the error prevails.
Step 3 : Keep the electrical contacts of the ink cartridge clean.
If the electrical contacts or the slot of the ink cartridges in the 123.hp.com dj3515 printer contains ink or debris, then it might not identify the ink cartridges or the failure caused by it.
- Keep the following materials handy to clean the electrical contacts.
- A Drained foam-rubber sponge, fiber-free cloth, or anything substantial.
- Purified, refined, or bottled water that does not contain impurities.
- Turn the printer on and access the ink cartridge door by keeping two fingers beneath it to hold the sides of the ink cartridge door carefully and then lift it up.
- Shut the door when you see The Door Open screen displayed on the printer’s control panel that shows The ink cartridge access door is open
- Detach the power cord from behind the printer.
- Unplug the USB cable if the 123.hp.com dj3515 printer is linked to your computer via a USB connection.
- Free the printer’s ink cartridges by slightly pressing down on one of them and then grab it towards you from its slot.
- Support the ink cartridges by holding its sides.
- Examine the contacts of the ink cartridge to check if it has developed any ink or debris inside it.
- Mildly dip a foam-rubber sponge or fiber-free cloth in distilled water, and then press out surplus water from it.
- Clean the copper-colored contacts alone on the ink cartridge, and then leave the cartridge to dry for an approximate of 10 minutes.
- Again make use of another lint-free cloth dipped in distilled water to clean the electrical contacts in the ink cartridge slots inside the carriage of the printer.
- The carriage contacts should be allowed to dry for around 10 minutes.
- Slide the ink cartridge into the empty slot and ensure that it clicks into place promptly by moving it forward.
- The tri-color ink cartridge is replaced on the left side of the slot and the black ink cartridge into the right side.
- Redo these steps to clear the contacts of the other ink
- Shut the access door of the cartridge and reattach the power cord to the backside of the printer.
- The printer should be connected to the computer with a USB cable, if not rejoin the USB cable.
- Redo the scan with the printer turned on.
- Check if the error message is not shown any more on the printer’s control panel and you are able to print, so that the troubleshooting need not be continued.
- Proceed to the next step if the error prolongs.
Step 4 : Pull out the ink cartridges and replace it in its slot.
- Follow the previous steps in this document to take out the ink cartridges from its slot and put it back in the same way.
- You need not continue with troubleshooting if the error on the printer’s control panel disappears and you are able to print as well.
- Move on to the next step if the error still displays on the control panel of the 123.hp.com dj3515 printer.
Step 5 : Clean the electrical contacts another time.
Redo the previous steps ditto to clean the contacts of the ink cartridge may support to fix the issue.
Step 6 : Reform the printer.
When none of the previous steps work to resolve the issue, resetting the printer may help.
- Before you start off, ensure that the printer is turned on and then unplug the power cord from the back side of the printer.
- Detach the power cord from the wall’s power outlet and then hold on at least for 60 seconds.
- Rejoin one end of the power cord into the wall outlet and the other end to the backside of the printer.
- Turn on the 123.hp.com dj3515 printer and wait for it to undergo a warm-up period.
- Progress to the next step if the error prevails.
Step 7 : Remove the existing ink cartridge and reinsert it with another one.
If one or more ink cartridges appear to be problematic, then replace it accordingly and then carry out the printer alignment.