HP OFFICEJET 4630 SPECIFICATION
- Can be with USB and Wireless connection
- The scanner is flatbed with an ADF.
- Automatic duplex printing.
- Can hold a maximum of 100 sheets in the input tray.
The establishment of the connection to the computer can be made by means of USB or via Wi- Fi. Supports ePrint, one of the most fascinating features in the market. Wireless direct printing can reduce your difficulties usually met in the case of Wired connection. As connecting the 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer to smartphones or tablets is not a big deal, you can even print the photos which have been in the device’s memory.
- Supports a maximum of 64 MB standard memory.
- Fax type is plain paper.
- Compatible with scan to email, ePrint feature.
- Holds an Automatic paper sensor.
- Can hold a maximum of 35 sheets in ADF.
- Print, copy, scan, fax all in one printer.
- Magnificent range in mobile printing
- Mediocre speed.
- Devours color ink.
- Inaccessible to Ethernet connection.
- No Duplex scanning can be done.
It is one of the best selling 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printers among the Officejet family. Well suited for home- office and produces printouts with the best quality. The cost is reasonable though color ink runs out quickly.
TROUBLESHOOTING HP OFFICEJET 4630 PRINTER
Slow Printing for Windows
When your printer print speed is much slower than your predicted speed, or if it does not satisfy the speeds that are mentioned in the printer specification, then follow the steps.
BOOT UP YOUR HP OFFICEJET 4630 PRINTER
- Power up your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer.
- Stay until the printer is silent and stationary before you proceed
- Keeping your printer switched on, the power cord should now be disconnected from the printer.
- The power cord should be disconnected from the wall outlet.
- Stay at least for 60 seconds.
- The power cord is connected back into the wall outlet and to the printer.
- Power on your printer, in case it does not switch on by itself.
- Stay till the warm-up phase gets over and the printer remains silent and stationary before you proceed.
- Attempt to print a sample document. If the issue still persists, then perform the next step.
Step 2 : Examine the printer driver settings
The printer driver settings need to be examined. Selecting specific paper types or printing in Best quality. This can slow down your printer print speeds. Your document can be printed on plain paper in Normal or Draft quality for quicker print speeds.
Browse your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 Printer below Windows, and then choose Devices and Printers in the listed results.
- Double- tap the printer symbol.
- Double- tap the Set Preferences
- Recognize the paper type info.
- Below the Paper type area, make certain that Plain paper is chosen.
- Under the Quality Settings area, confirm that the Draft or Normal are selected.
- Choose Ok or Apply to make sure of the changes that are done, shut down the printer driver window, and then shut down the Devices and Printers screen.
- Attempt to print the document. If you are still facing the problem, then directly perform the next step.
Step 3 : Steps for installing the printer driver
- If the printer is connected to the system via a USB cable, then disconnect the cable from the 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer.
- Browse for programs and features under Windows, and then choose Programs and Features in the provided listed results.
- The list of installed programs will be displayed from the list pick the name of your printer, and then choose Uninstall or Yes.
- Make use of the prompts to remove the entire software from your system.
- The system is to be reset.
Step 4 : Install your printer driver software again
When you are done with the uninstallation process of your printer driver, navigate directly to our website, and then you can make use of the prompts to download and install the updated printer driver.
Attempt to print a sample document. If your printer is still having a problem, then go to the next step.
Step 5 : Updating the printer driver firmware
The firmware updates can be obtained and downloaded from the website.
- Ensure that the 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer is powered up and plugged into the system, by using a network or a USB cable.
- Look at our website and then choose Software and Drive Downloads, and then index in with your printer model number.
- Select the operating system, if needed.
- Pick your Firmware, and then click Download.
If you cannot find the list of your firmware section, then for your printer model firmware comma an upgrade is not available.
- Choose Use HP Download and Install Assistant, pick Next, and then tap on install now.
- If the serial number is not listed, then tap on the serial number of your printer, and then choose Update.
- If you can see the serial number on the list but if the status is not applicable, then there is no need to upgrade your printer firmware. Choose Cancel.
- If the list does not contain your serial number and your printer is functioning by using a network connection, link with a USB cable, stay for 20 seconds, and then pick
- When you are done with your updates, choose
- If you are connecting a USB cable for the networked printer, then unplug the USB printer driver that was included in
- Browse Devices and Printers Windows, and then access Devices and Printers from the results displayed.
- Right-click the USB printer device that corresponds to your printer model, and then click Remove Device.
- Unplug the USB cable, and then reboot the system.
Attempt to print a sample document. If you are facing the problem still, then proceed to do the next step.
Step 6: The network status is examined
If your printer is connected to a wired or wireless network, there are numerous tips and procedures which correct your slow printing issues.
- You need to examine the strength of the wireless signal in your system, by choosing the wireless connection symbol from the Windows taskbar. If the strength of the signal is not up to the mark, you need to bring your router, system, and printer close to each other.
- If your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer is connected to the network using an Ethernet cable, make certain that the cable connections are kept safe.
- Restart your router by disconnecting it, stay for 10 seconds, and enable the printer connection with the cable again.
Steps to clear the carriage jam
A carriage jam error normally gets screened when the printer carriage cannot slide. Make use of the steps in this manual to remove the carriage error.
Solution 1 : Start your HP Officejet 4630 printer again
Go through the prompts which were described below to boot up your printer again.
Step 1 : The printer need to be turned off and power it up again
The carriage reset is to be done after turning off your HP printer and then power it up again. The steps that are described below will make your printer turn off and then switch on again.
- The Power button helps you turn off your printer. Even if your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer is still in ON condition, unplug the power cable from the printer.
- Stay silent for a minute.
- The cable that was unplugged before should now be plugged in.
- The power button is used to power on the HP printer.
Step 2 : Print the Status Report of your HP printer
In general, the hardware functionality of your printer is examined by allowing the printer to print a Printer Status Report.
- The feeder tray of the HP Printer needs to be filled with fresh sheets of paper.
- Start the printer control panel. Mouse over to the printer display and tap on the Setup icon.
- Tap on Reports by sliding the display to the next screen.
- Tap on Printer Status Report in order to print a report.
Solution two: Stuck paper need to be eradicated
A carriage block results if the paper is stuck on the slider. Make use of the prompts in order to get rid of a paper jam from the printer.
Step 1 : The loose paper from the output tray need to be emptied
If you can reach the obstructed paper from outside, then follow the procedures to take away the paper.
- The unused papers that are present in the input tray need to be discarded.
- The output tray extender should be pulled out.
- Clutch the output tray to drag them towards you to take it out.
- Slide the input tray out to its outermost position.
- All the papers present inside the input tray should be removed.
- The bunch of paper needs to be removed from the output rollers. Make use of both hands to evade from tearing of whole paper.
- You can also employ a torch light to inspect whether there are any pieces of paper remaining inside the output tray. The recurrent paper jam is caused by the paper that is getting torn inside and staying as pieces inside the printer.
- The paper tray is pulled out, the output tray is placed and then is inserted back again.
Step 2 : The jammed paper are taken out from the input feeder tray
- The same steps which are explained for clearing the paper jams first step are to be used again.
- The jammed paper is eliminated from the printer, and then plain unused paper is inserted again into the tray.
- The paper width guides are adjusted so that it touches the paper, and then pull out the input tray to its place.
- The output tray is replaced by pulling out the output tray onto the input tray.
If you are still facing the issue while printing then proceed doing the next step.
Step 3 : Make certain that your paper path and the access area is free from the jammed paper.
Make use of the following steps to eliminate any jammed paper from the paper path and cartridge access area inside the printer. The steps which are mentioned below will allow you to discard the paper jam from the access area and the paper path.
- Your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer should be switched on now.
- The HP printer’s ink cartridge access door should be opened.
- Allow the printer to be in an idle state for a while.
- The power cord from the rear of the printer should be taken away when your printer is on. Once it is done, the power cord from the power source should also be removed.
Remember that the USB cable connected to the printer’s rear position should also be removed.
- Remove the wedged paper with utmost care.
- Make use of a flashlight to ensure that no jammed paper remains inside the printer.
- Search for the paper path so that it can be removed.
- The paper path cover should be replaced until it fits into place.
- The ink cartridge door should be closed.
- Now connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and the other end to an electrical socket.
- If you connected your printer using a USB or Ethernet cable, it should be disconnected.
- The printer can be switched on now.
Step 4 : Place your HP Printer on a uniform surface:
- Firstly, the printer needs to be powered up and hold the power button for a while. The power button needs to be held for a while.
- The power cord is disconnected from the printer’s rear position by keeping your printer in ON condition, then the other end of the power cord needs to be disconnected from the power supply.
- If you make use of a USB cable to enable a network connection, it must be removed.
- Turn your printer to its right side so it can be accessed on its bottom.
- Make use of a flashlight to remove all the torn pieces have been removed from the printer.
- The hindrances that are still with your printer need to be discarded.
- The HP printer needs to be rotated to the vertical position after inserting the input tray.
- You need to reconnect the cable one end to the electrical supply and another end to the printer’s rear side.
- You need to connect the USB cable once again comma if you are provided with an USB or Ethernet connection.
- Switch on the printer now and allow it to experience a warm- up period.
- You are not supposed to do the succeeding steps until you are completed with the warm-up phase.
- Once you are done with the above steps, permit your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer to print a status report to examine its functionality. In order to print a Printer Status report, you need to go through the steps which are mentioned in this document.
Solution 3 : Take out the damaged cartridges and re- install with a fresh cartridge
Improper alignment of cartridges or installation of the cartridges is the major cause for the carriage jam error. Make certain that the ink cartridges have been placed appropriately, then if you want to remove the ink cartridges, you need to go along with the on- screen instructions to reinstall a new cartridge. Once you are done with this, take a print of your Printer Status once again to examine whether the issues have been resolved.
Solution 4 : Attempting to enable connection with the printer directly into a wall outlet
Step 1 : Connect the printer straightly to a wall outlet
Sufficient power needs to be supplied to your printer for correct carriage sliding. Go through the on- screen prompts to enable the direct connection and print a Status Report. If the problem exists, move to the next solution.
Solution 5 : Reboot the total printer configuration
In common, rebooting your printer will discard all the configuration that you have done till the time of reset and it has only default settings. On-screen prompts will be displayed while your 123.HP.Com Oj4630 printer is reset, and then you can print a Printer Status Report after rebooting the printer.