HP OFFICEJET PRO 6965 SPECIFICATIONS
123 HP Officejet Pro 6965 Setup is an inkjet all in one multifunction printer. It provides automatic duplex printing, scanning, copying and faxing, and both Wired and Wireless printing.
- Enjoy printing with AirPrint, ePrint and Mopria
- It provides a duty cycle of up to 20,000 pages per month.
- Maximum resolution of Copy is up to 600 * 600 dpi.
- It supports both Wired and Wireless connection.
- Print, Copy, Scan and Fax
- Duplex printing
- Supports Wireless and ePrint
- Less energy consumption
HP OFFICEJET PRO 6965 TROUBLESHOOTING
Paper Mismatch Error
You may receive any one of the below-mentioned error messages on the printer’s control panel while printing on envelopes or different paper sizes.
- Paper Mismatch
- Paper Size Mismatch
Step 1 : Alter the paper settings
Ensure that you have picked the appropriate paper size that corresponds to the paper you want to print on.
- Select File, Click on the Print option from the file you want to print.
- Ensure that your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6965 Setup printer is in the Name or Printer’s push down list, and then select Propertiesà Print Properties or Preferences.
- Click the Paper or Quality
- Select the Advanced option, if required, and then pick your paper size.
- Choose your paper size that corresponds to the paper type and the size of the paper that is loaded into the input tray. Once you are done with loading the paper, click Ok. If you cannot detect the appropriate size, select the size from the list which is closest to the paper mounted in the tray.
- Click on the Ok option, and then attempt to print a sample document. If you detect the same issue, again and again, follow the next step.
Step 2 : Scrutinize the paper source settings
The paper which is loaded into the paper tray should be removed and reloaded.
- Take away all the paper from the input tray and reload all the paper, modify the paper width guides to place them gently against the edge of the paper stack.
- Open the document that you want to print, click on the File option and then select Print.
- Choose the Paper or Quality option, and then click Paper Source to choose the correct tray.
- Click on the Ok option, and then try to print a sample document.
Step 3 : Re-establish the printer settings
Employ the guidance to re-establish the printer settings.
- Ensure that you turn on your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6965 Setup printer.
- Pause until the printer is stable and noiseless before you commence.
- When the printer is switched on, remove the power cord from the printer.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Ensure that you connect the power cord to the printer.
- Power on your printer.
- Pause until the warm-up period finishes and printer is noiseless before you start.
Slow Printing for Windows
When the printer does not provide the expected speed, proceed with the steps and make your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6965 Setup printer free from the error.
Step 1 : Reboot your printer
- Power on your 123.HP.Com Ojpro6965 printer.
- The power cord from the printer should be detached when your printer is turned on.
- Take away the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Link the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Re-plug the power cord to the printer.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes, and the printer is noiseless and inactive before you go to the next step.
Step 2 : Check the configured printer driver settings
Acquire best quality by picking certain paper types. Obtain faster print speeds by allowing your printer to print in plain paper in Normal or Draft quality.
- Find the printer under Windows, and then click on the Devices and Printer option in the list of results.
- Ensure that you double-click the printer icon.
- Double click on the Set Preferences option.
- Pick the paper type information.
- Move to the Quality settings area, ensure that the Draft or Normal option is chosen.
- Select Ok or Apply to confirm the changes you are made, turn off the printer driver window, and the Devices and Printers window.
Use your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6965 Setup printer to print the required documents. Go to the following procedure if the printer issues have not been resolved.
Step 3 : Uninstallation of the printer driver
- Link your 123 HP Officejet Pro 6965 Setup printer to the system via a USB cable, it must be removed from the printer’s end.
- Look for the Programs and Features options from Windows, and then choose Programs and Features in the available list.
- Uninstall the existing printer driver.
- Make use of the instructions to complete the software removal.
- Boot up your computer.
Step 4 : Procedure for Printer driver reinstallation
Uninstall the existing HP Officejet Pro 6965 driver from the system, move to our website and then make use of the instructions to reinstall the updated version of the printer driver and software.
Attempt to print a sample document. In case the issue still remains, navigate to the next step.
Step 5 : Upgrade the printer driver
- Download the updated firmware.
- Ensure that the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6965 Setup printer is powered on, and is linked to the system, either via USB or a network.
- Go to our website, click Software and Driver Download, and then index your printer model number.
- Choose the required operating system version.
- Go to Firmware and then click on Download option.
In case the firmware section is not displayed, a firmware upgrade is not currently available.
- Select Use HP Download and Install Assistant option and then select install now.
- In case the serial number is not displayed in the list, click on the printer model number, and then select Update.
- In case the serial number is displayed in the list, but the status is not applicable, it is not essential to update the printer firmware. Click on Cancel option.
- Once the update is completed, click on the Ok
- If you are guided to use a USB cable, wait for 20 seconds, and then click Refresh.
- Find Devices and Printers option under Windows, and then select Devices and Printers from the list.
- Right-click the USB printer driver that corresponds to the printer model, and then select Remote Device.
- Detach the USB cable from the computer, and then reboot your printer again.
Try to print a sample document. If the issue still exists, follow the next step.
Step 6 : Modify the existing network status
If the printer is linked to a Wired or Wireless network, follow the tips and guidance to help you to resolve the slow printing issue.
- Verify the wireless signal strength by selecting the wireless icon in the Windows taskbar on the system. In case the signal strength is low, place the router, computer and the printer at a closer distance.
- In case the 123 HP Officejet Pro 6965 Setup printer is linked to the network using Ethernet cable, ensure that the cable connections are strong.
- Reboot your router by disconnecting it, pause for a while, and connect the cable again.